Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

31 minutes ago, thabucks said:

As Werder needs the €€€ and Rashica isn’t joining how about a cheeky bid for Maximilian Eggestein as CM... When I mentioned it before, our German fiends who have now deserted us weren’t too keen on the prospect. 

Not sure I'd be happy if we shelled too much out on him. If we're going to poach anyone from from Bremen it should be Rashica.

• Like 1

Pinned tweet was removed before Cash signed, but whatever takes it's place as the new pinned tweet could just be something like the third kit being revealed or an interview with Lange or something along those lines, might not necessarily be transfer related.

53 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

To start, that is not the stat you originally pesented, and to follow, defences in the championship are far worse than those in the PL so i am still struggling to see what leads you to believe Cash is the better player?

Whereas, i have shown that Fred in a relegated team was still one of the better fullbacks in the league that year, and even though his 'final third passes' aren't as good as someone in a lesser league, he stlll ranks in defensive stays, as one of the top 15 fullbacks in the PL.

To start.... I’m aware that wasn’t the stat I originally presented, that’s why my last post says that I misread it, and then stated in bold what it should have been.

Honestly, I don’t know what leads me to believe Cash is a better player. Perhaps I’m just very trusting that our management team would not spend £15m on someone who isn’t better than what we already have.

I like Guilbert. I like his pace, his attacking link-up play and his slide tackles (even if his slide tackles occasionally came about from his poor positioning), but he clearly wasn’t doing exactly what Smith wanted last season, because Elmo and Konsa were both chosen over him at different times. 

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Villa only work 9-5 Monday to Friday besides deadline day - we pay overtime then. 

I was going to suggest it might have been Doris the tea lady fumbling about on Twitter but I remember she doesn't work Sundays!

....unless she's having to do overtime today for some reason?      :lol:

26 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Who???

I don't know if there is anything in the speculation but I can tell you a little bit about Marcus Edwards which I have gleaned online.

Marcus Edwards is 21, English and plays for Vitória de Guimarães in Portugal. He signed for them last season from Tottenham where he supposedly had an attitude problem and failed to make the breakthrough after making his debut at a very early age. Pochettino likened him to Messi when he was about 17 which was a remark he came to regret.

After a disastrous loan spell at Norwich in 2018 which was ended early after just one appearance. He spent the 2018-19 season on loan to Dutch club  Excelsior (two goals in 25 appearances for club with four assists). Excelsior was relegated but he had the most dribbles of any player in the Eredivisie. However, it seemed to be a breakthrough season in terms of his attitude as he knuckled down and expressed regret for his previous attitudes (and also said he was shy and misunderstood).

Last season he got 9 goals and 5 assists in 34 matches playing in the right wing for Vitoria who play a similar formation to Villa (4 1 4 1). Edwards plays on the right of the attack as an inverted right winger (he is left footed) one of our weakest positions. He has some pace, good vision, an eye for a pass but his biggest strength is his dribbling which is exceptional.

He is improving his final product and has also improved his defensive contribution this season. However, when Vitoria lost the ball he tended to be left up out on the right as Vitoria's out ball because of his pace and ability to beat a man which means the opposition have to devote some resources to marking him. He is tiny, gets fouled a lot, loses a lot of aerial challenges and needs to improve his strength.

I think he would improve us. There is a rumour of a £13.6 million release clause but it is also said that Spurs have a 50% sign on agreement.

• Thanks 2

Edwards makes sense. He is young, English and has loads of potential. I would be very excited if we signed him. He is so exciting when he starts running with the ball. Him on the right, jack on the left and Eduoard on down the middle would be mint.

• Like 1

If that guy is a ‘bad egg’ then there’s more chance of us signing Wilson than him. Smith has mentioned around 100 times that a players character is a big part of what we look for.