Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Hypothetically speaking, if we started the season with...

Wilson
Watkins     Grealish    Harry Wilson
               Luiz    McGinn

How pleased would you be with that?

I would be worried about conceding even more goals than we did last season. ;) More seriously, it's a 6/10 for me, I would prefer 8/10 or above.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Hypothetically speaking, if we started the season with...

Wilson
Watkins     Grealish    Harry Wilson
               Luiz    McGinn

Or even...

Wilson
Watkins                           Harry Wilson

Grealish    
               Luiz    McGinn

How pleased would you be with that?

Not very!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, John said:

I would be worried about conceding even more goals than we did last season. ;) More seriously, it's a 6/10 for me, I would prefer 8/10 or above.  

agree with this.  I am struggling to see how we play that formation and get McGinn in the team. Unless Grealish goes out wide and McGinn plays the box to box midfielder role in the second of the two formations,  it won't work.

In either scenario,  Luiz needs a proper DM next to him (Idrisse Gueye right about now would have done)...

I'm expecting this at the moment:

Wilson
Grealish                           ???

McGinn    
               Luiz    ????

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

With a couple.of reports saying Deano wants British talent.

Some of these links make a little more sense to me.

I'm inclined to start agreeing, as much as I want exciting foreign talent. We signed a load of foreigners last year.

They will settle in easier, and probably help the team as a whole gel quicker, the foreigners included.

This year is about solidifying.

Feels like we have done it the wrong way around- we needed more British players last season in to come straight in. This season we could have added a bit more quality overseas.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

agree with this.  I am struggling to see how we play that formation and get McGinn in the team. Unless Grealish goes out wide and McGinn plays the box to box midfielder role in the second of the two formations,  it won't work.

In either scenario,  Luiz needs a proper DM next to him (Idrisse Gueye right about now would have done)...

Wilson
Grealish                           Trezeguet

McGinn    
               Luiz    Hourihane

29 minutes ago, John said:

I can understand that they might want to/be able to afford to keep them, but I would be surprised if all of their players were prepared to play a season in the Championship.    

Yes, I agree but unless those players demand a transfer, I cant see them losing many players. Bournemouth and Watford and possible the other teams who have spent big will be looking to offload while their assets are high or before the cash runs dry at the club by paying out too much in wages.

Looking at watford, they have 5 or 6 players on 60k plus per week.

Bournemouth have the same sorts of numbers and both have the majority of players on 30k plus.

With the safety of parachute payments they may keep some but I would imagine most players on 50k plus would be moved on.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

We might think that but pretty sure Smith sees him as the single DM with two midfielders ahead of him.

16 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Wilson
Grealish                           ???

McGinn    
               Luiz    ????

Two top wide players, a different striker and the type of midfield player that you have suggested would do very nicely. 👍

9 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

We might think that but pretty sure Smith sees him as the single DM with two midfielders ahead of him.

I would be on board with that against the lower half of the table. We would get ripped a new one against better opposition 

58 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I really really hope Newcastle beat us to this signing.  He Didn’t give a shit last season and was awful.  He scored over 10 goals once and had a few cameos for England in joke games. He Will also be demanding big wages because he will be on them at Bournemouth, as thats how they could only get players to sign for them.

Desperation stuff now from Villa.  Good to see our new scout out doing himself.