Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

You're on an upwards trajectory.  Within 10 minutes you brought us news from a week ago and then news from yesterday.

In two posts time you'll be telling us news from the future!  

😉

Yeah mate I'm looking at news this morning,if you heard it yesterday that's on you and ok, no need to be a Douche about it, would you go through hundreds of posts on this transfer page, highly doubt it. 🤣

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

DIANGANA medical booked at Babbies..

West Ham fans going berserk over this. Imagine we'd sold Grealish to West Brom for £18m a couple of years ago. Sullivan and Gold are utterly tone deaf to their supporters. Hopefully that the bad feeling among the fans will wear the team down this season...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ahhh ok.  Just says the same thing as a week or two ago and says we need competition with Elmo and Guilbert, we’ve since brought Cash which they don’t mention.  Think they have just re upped the article for click bait.

They do that yes, all I do is look at the news and see what pops up recent, i know people may of heard it a week or a day ago. Theres a chance people dont see it, certainly didnt see the Trippier link a week ago, despite going through lots of media articles.

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

That's literally all we're **** doing.  24/7!

Well if you want to read a weeks or more pages back daily on the transfer page that's down to you and others, but i will stick to reading a few pages back when I pop on in the mornings. 😉

19 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yeah mate I'm looking at news this morning,if you heard it yesterday that's on you and ok, no need to be a Douche about it, would you go through hundreds of posts on this transfer page, highly doubt it. 🤣

Ah come on, the wink at the end absolves me from being a douche.

And tbf, the news is all imprinted and time stamped in my head because all I do is sit here refreshing all day (like a douche) 😭

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Brentford are entitled to ask for whatever they want, like us with grealish, I get the feeling they don’t need the money and would prefer to keep these players for another crack at promotion. I’d be happy with that if I was a Brentford fan. 

I'm not so sure.  They've just taken delivery of a brand new massively expensive stadium loaded to the gunnells with expensive London priced executive seats in order to pay for it....... All of which are currently unsold. 

I think they will need to sell. 

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well if you want to read a weeks or more pages back daily on the transfer page that's down to you and others, but i will stick to reading a few pages back when I pop on in the mornings. 😉

Then expect some piss taking when you regurgitate old news, and don't get too sensitive over it ;) 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I sat there about half ten at night, RSI in both hands (from the keyboard yeah), thinking to myself how has it come to this, surely I should be doing something better with my time on earth than refreshing Twitter or VT desperate for another transfer fix. And here I am this morning doing the same thing again. I think there needs to be a clinic for this addiction.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

You're on an upwards trajectory.  Within 10 minutes you brought us news from a week ago and then news from yesterday.

In two posts time you'll be telling us news from the future!  

😉

back to the future goodbye GIF

This is, for a change in recent times going to be a proper bonanza of a deadline day.

i think there’s more brinkmanship going on than ever.

- Clubs like West Ham and Palace are stuck in that awkward, established, massive wage bill, genuinely skint, directionless phase and need cash up front quick to fill first XI gaps.

- Other clubs are at their FFP limits and need to sell before moving places on (Burnley, Southampton)

- Some clubs are, in all reality, in need of funds having gambled on PL money next season (Brentford, Bournemouth, Forest, Derby, Watford) 

- A handful of clubs will make a significant (>£30m) net spend including ourselves

Fairly exciting for the first time in a few season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Seems rather worrying that we are not linked with any central midfielders. We definitely need a player there to provide competition for McGinn/Grealish/Luiz. Nakamba, Henry and Conor aren't good enough. 

Not strange at all. Luiz, Conor and McGinn is absolutely a fine midfield.

We are weaker elsewhere. Mainly in the striker and winger department.

Oh and btw. Jack isn't a central midfielder

Edited by villalad21

9 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Seems rather worrying that we are not linked with any central midfielders. We definitely need a player there to provide competition for McGinn/Grealish/Luiz. Nakamba, Henry and Conor aren't good enough. 

Conor is great to have around the squad and don't forget he had a massive influence on us staying up, he was involved in most of the goals we scored after lockdown. After Luis and konsa he was our most consistent performer.

I do agree that we need a powerful central midfielder. Zakira would be amazing and would also cover at CB if we were stuck but we will probably end up with someone like James McCarthy