Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

It's what we are doing with Grealish

I’ve just posted saying that we can do that. We aren’t looking to sell him, and don’t need the money, so we get what we want or he stays. They’re actually looking to sell players, it’s their model. They’re not in the same position as we are with Grealish.

Edited by 7392craig

Would only want Wilson if we can give Hogan to Bournemouth as part of the deal and are signing another striker. Maybe offload Samatta and send Davis out on loan or sell.

Otherwise, let’s stick to younger players on the way up please rather than overpaid has beens...

Certainly doesn’t match with the suggested profile of player we are after, as according to Purslow.

A striking department of Watkins/Edouard, Wilson & Wesley is definitely an improvement but can we possibly do any better?

Personally, I’m disappointed if we aren’t looking at potential stars & goalscorers from abroad (maybe we are but the Wilson links concern me tbh and I’d be even more worried if he’s seen as our main or number 1 striker).

In urgent need of wingers or wide forwards too... hope we get this right.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Would only want Wilson if we can give Hogan to Bournemouth as part of the deal and are signing another striker. Maybe offload Samatta and send Davis out on loan or sell.

Otherwise, let’s stick to younger players on the way up please rather than overpaid has beens...

Certainly doesn’t match with the suggested profile of player we are after, as according to Purslow.

A striking department of Watkins/Edouard, Wilson & Wesley is definitely an improvement but can we possibly do any better?

Personally, I’m disappointed if we aren’t looking at potential stars & goalscorers from abroad (maybe we are but the Wilson links concern me tbh and I’d be even more worried if he’s seen as our main or number 1 striker).

Wilson is 28 with a proven track record - hardly a has-been. I’d take him over any of our current strikers but agree we need to start offloading said current strikers.

45 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I wouldn't say they don't need money. That new stadium didn't fall out of the sky. They are trying to hustle us. If we get Wilson in we can take it to the wire with Watkins and they'll probably blink.

When I say don't need the money it's in football terms. Bournemouth are desperate Brentford are not. I should have clarified.

Listening to that James Chester podcast last night he was talking about what he thought we needed this summer and said in PL you can never have enough creative players in your side and thought we needed to address that in the summer. I think most would agree because although we improved defensively after lock down the number of decent chances we created fell off a cliff. 

All the names linked so far seem to plug obvious wholes across most other areas of our squad. While Wilson, Watkins add some pace, strength it doesn't really address the creativity. 

I guess those creative players 1 or 2 will be what completes our summer spending. Be interesting to see what names crop up there. 

• Like 1