Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Worried about what? We missed out on a bang average striker that’s not going to improve the team or himself 

mark wahlberg relax GIF

We clearly aren't bringing in a bigger name if we miss out on him. So I'd worry we'd bring in worse. 

If we could attract and afford much better than wilson then we would. But clearly this is the level we are shopping in. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We clearly aren't bringing in a bigger name if we miss out on him. So I'd worry we'd bring in worse. 

If we could attract and afford much better than wilson then we would. But clearly this is the level we are shopping in. 

Who cares about big names? We are not Everton or Newcastle  throwing good money on “big names” that don’t much to improve them. I like to believe villa are being smarter now. Getting in players before they’re big names. Like Cash, if things go well, he could be a big name right back, in the England mix. 

Villa is the place to grow big 

I know we haven’t been linked to Benrahma again so far this window, but below tweet from a West Ham ITK account suggests Brentford will be after big bucks for him. Looking at Watkins so far, I reckon it’s £30M+ for Benny. 

Just now, Awol said:

I know we haven’t been linked to Benrahma again so far this window, but below tweet from a West Ham ITK account suggests Brentford will be after big bucks for him. Looking at Watkins so far, I reckon it’s £30M+ for Benny. 

Brentford are moneyballing hard this window!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Brentford are moneyballing hard this window!!!

Which looks good for them right now.......... depends if they are relying on the influx of cash....tables could turn towards the end of the window .

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Like who?

For me Rashica, Edouard, Aarons and McKinnie (now gone Juve) all very inspiring. Shame if none come off and instead it's Wilson, Watkins Cash. Think they'll do okay but we could be more ambitious. Maybe they're all unrealistic for where we are at now.

Just now, hippo said:

Which looks good for them right now.......... depends if they are relying on the influx of cash....tables could turn towards the end of the window .

Probably, they’re a flipper club after all, buy cheep>develop>sell for profit. 
I say this is the window they will get the most for Said. So they trying a high rate before they drop near the end of the window 

Benrahma has been left out their pre-season friendlies so I would say it is very likely they are looking to move him on. There is seemingly plenty of interest in him though so it's not in their interest to sell quickly or cheap. Can see that transfer doing the distance and dragging out till the last day.

11 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

For me Rashica, Edouard, Aarons and McKinnie (now gone Juve) all very inspiring. Shame if none come off and instead it's Wilson, Watkins Cash. Think they'll do okay but we could be more ambitious. Maybe they're all unrealistic for where we are at now.

It could become realistic for where we also want to be. If they share the same vision as we do then you never know what could happen then.

Some players like a new challenge and share the same vision as we do, We've just got to find them and sign them.

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Benteke was already on our radar. Mcleish was the one who first spotted him.

I see you read that on the Birmingham fail and actually believed it. Notice I said "signed" which is the factual part.

Edited by Spray

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Villa get them both! FFS

Sorting our midfield for €25M seems like a plan to me too. We’d have quality cover for Luiz and competition for Nakamba in Sangare, and a starting option in Santamaria. Cheap too. 

• Like 1