Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, Awol said:

Sorting our midfield for €25M seems like a plan to me too. We’d have quality cover for Luiz and competition for Nakamba in Sangare, and a starting option in Santamaria. Cheap too. 

Play Luiz with either one and Grealish in a free role. Boom mofos get a goal against us then.

1 minute ago, 7392craig said:

Might bite them on the arse if nobody ends up paying their over inflated figures.

Or they get promoted automatically this time with the players that nearly got them there last season? 40m will become the new 20m.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Or they get promoted automatically this time with the players that nearly got them there last season? 40m will become the new 20m.

Yeah, or it might end up biting them on the arse. It was just a thought, I wasn’t saying they won’t get promoted. Personally I hope they do, but trying to squeeze every penny out of clubs that want to sign their players might result in teams just moving on to other targets.

• Like 1

Just now, 7392craig said:

Yeah, or it might end up biting them on the arse. It was just a thought, I wasn’t saying they won’t get promoted. Personally I hope they do, but trying to squeeze every penny out of clubs that want to sign their players might result in teams just moving on to other targets.

By that reasoning we should sell Grealish for less than his worth. Brentford don't need the money so can dictate what price their players go for. Not prepared to pay? "Please do carry on". 

We don't want to sell Grealish hence the high price. If someone offers it we talk. If they don't they move on and we keep our asset. They are doing the same.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

It's a gamble definitely. If they don't go up next year, they'll have players who's value will be less as contracts are a year closer to expiring. Also, players who will probably push for a move to play premier league football. It's the correct gamble to take, I'd add. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

By that reasoning we should sell Grealish for less than his worth. Brentford don't need the money so can dictate what price their players go for. Not prepared to pay? "Please do carry on". 

We don't want to sell Grealish hence the high price. If someone offers it we talk. If they don't they move on and we keep our asset. They are doing the same.

We can’t compare our situation to Brentford’s. They’re a championship team looking to get promoted. Their model is buy cheap, develop, sell for profit. It doesn’t really work out if they can’t sell the players this summer.

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

They will drop their prices are we near the end of the window. Easy to start High, because you can drop the price 

I think it’s just posturing. Nobody is paying £30 mill for Benrahma, and that’s coming from somebody who rates him.

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

I really really hope Newcastle beat us to this signing.  He Didn’t give a shit last season and was awful.  He scored over 10 goals once and had a few cameos for England in joke games. He Will also be demanding big wages because he will be on them at Bournemouth, as thats how they could only get players to sign for them.

Desperation stuff now from Villa.  Good to see our new scout out doing himself.

what i've seen of him he's looked pretty good, leads the line well and is a threat, clearly had a stop start career and never lived up to his potential, but has the experience we need, still a big risk.

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I wouldn't say they don't need money. That new stadium didn't fall out of the sky. They are trying to hustle us. If we get Wilson in we can take it to the wire with Watkins and they'll probably blink.

2 hours ago, Okonokos said:

They want the extra £2m up front because they know:

1) He isn't going to play for England again.

2) He won't make the required number of appearances it will take to trigger that part of the clause. 

Get Watkins or somebody else, please.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Nobody will, but from Brentford’s POV worth a punt, as they see some prem club thirsty for him. 

As @Sulberto21 said about Grealish, teams want to get as much as they want. Hence why we’d quote such a high price for him, but we can. We don’t need the money, and we aren’t looking to sell. They are, and if they plan on doing so this summer, I think they’re really pushing their prices a bit too much this time.

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

They will drop their prices are we near the end of the window. Easy to start High, because you can drop the price 

It's certainly debatable, because last summer if reports are true, we wouldn't shell out for Benrahma and they just held onto him. As long as they are not too cash strapped, if Watkins stays and bangs in 20+ again, his value only rises and they could be looking at having him valued even higher, while also putting themselves in a better position to gain promotion, which would be an even larger financial windfall. All that said, I think Watkins on keen on a move to a PL club, so that forces their hand a bit. The difference with us this summer compared to last IMO is that last summer we had our lists of targets for each position and if we couldn't get our top choice at the price we wanted, we walked away and took option b,c,d etc. I genuinely believe the reason most of our incomings are taking so long is that we are actively trying for those top targets and going through a full negotiation process, as opposed to making one take it or leave it offer. I feel that is what's happening atm with Watkins and we will get the deal over the line soon, hopefully followed by a few others. 😃

19 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

It's what we are doing with Grealish

• Like 1