Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

The ‘Edouard or Watkins’ argument is a tough one. Personally I think that £35m+ for Edouard is more of a gamble than £28m for Watkins.

The Championship is a stronger and tougher league than the Scottish Prem. Even Kris Boyd managed over 30 goals in a season there. He went on to be bang average in the Championship and moved to Turkey and then America, I think. Obviously there are examples on both sides of the coin, but I think when looking solely at player ability, and taking out fee and age, that Watkins will be less of the ‘gamble’, when we look simply at which player will be able to perform for us in the Prem.

(Saying that, I’d like us to sign both, but that seems unlikely).

• Like 1

From the media leaks last season, it was Smith that didn’t want to go above £20M for Maupay last season.

if we don’t get Watkins this season then I suspect it will be because Smith doesn’t think he’s worth the fee wanted by Brentford. 

I do think Smith wants Watkins, and in my opinion, if the fee is £24M or £28M as reported the difference is minimal and we should just get him in now, but perhaps he isn’t our main target.

I don't know if the hold up on deals between Aston Villa and Brentford could be that Lange worked for FC Copenhagen and Brentford have connections to FC Midtjylland and these 2 clubes doesn't really like each other.that much. 

1 minute ago, Taxahunter said:

I don't know if the hold up on deals between Aston Villa and Brentford could be that Lange worked for FC Copenhagen and Brentford have connections to FC Midtjylland and these 2 clubes doesn't really like each other.that much. 

Sounds like one of 'those' theories, tbh.

• Like 1

The Telegraph claim Villa boss Dean Smith wants to bring in the Atlético Madrid man either on loan or a permanent deal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.footballinsider247.com/exclusivevilla-backed-to-sign-brilliant-england-star-after-telegraph-report/amp/

Abit of Trippier anyone?? I cant see it but I'd love the move if we could sign him.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

The Telegraph claim Villa boss Dean Smith wants to bring in the Atlético Madrid man either on loan or a permanent deal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.footballinsider247.com/exclusivevilla-backed-to-sign-brilliant-england-star-after-telegraph-report/amp/

Abit of Trippier anyone?? I cant see it but I'd love the move if we could sign him.

I think we definitely need a new RB.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Not after buying Cash.  Old link from a week or two ago anyway isn’t it.

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Was up 55 mins ago mate.

Journalism is truly dead. They didn’t even bother to check that we signed a right back yesterday.

Max Aarons anyone? 

Edit: the Telegraph report is the 2 week old one. Football Insider, whatever that is, have then decided to ask someone for their opinion on that rumour and written an article, probably realised it’s no longer true, thought “**** it, we’ve still got to fill the pages”, and published it anyway.

Edited by fightoffyour

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Was up 55 mins ago mate.

Ahhh ok.  Just says the same thing as a week or two ago and says we need competition with Elmo and Guilbert, we’ve since brought Cash which they don’t mention.  Think they have just re upped the article for click bait.

• Like 1