Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

23 minutes ago, John said:

Plenty of speculation about Brentford players moving and of the relegated clubs, of players potentially leaving Watford and Bournemouth, but very little about possible departures from Norwich. They were the club rumoured to be looking for the most realistic prices (£20m) for players like Cantwell and Buendia. I wonder why there hasn't been many links? I would take either myself, particularly the latter. Today or any day soon, would be a  "good day" to sign him, in my opinion! ;)

Norwich by not strengthening much last season, managed to keep the majority of prize money and I cant imagine most of their players are on much compared to average Premier league wages.

It wouldn't make much sense for them to sell as there isn't a financial burden unlike watford and Bournemouth who have a good few 20 million plus signings on 60k wages.

Norwich can afford to keep their team and stand a decent chance of promotion again this season.

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Could be wrong though, perhaps we’ll blow 20/30m on someone to play alongside Luiz and McGinn?

Grealish should be that player and then spend the money on two wide forwards. I still think we need 4 good central midfielders, hopefully selling conor and lansbury. Injuries and suspensions happen so we don't want to end up playing a midfield of luiz, hourihane and nakamba. That's how you get relegated. 

With a couple.of reports saying Deano wants British talent.

Some of these links make a little more sense to me.

I'm inclined to start agreeing, as much as I want exciting foreign talent. We signed a load of foreigners last year.

They will settle in easier, and probably help the team as a whole gel quicker, the foreigners included.

This year is about solidifying.

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Grealish should be that player and then spend the money on two wide forwards. I still think we need 4 good central midfielders, hopefully selling conor and lansbury. Injuries and suspensions happen so we don't want to end up playing a midfield of luiz, hourihane and nakamba. That's how you get relegated. 

Jack Grealish is not a CM by any stretch of the imagination IMO.

A CAM or wide/inside forward most suits his talents.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Norwich by not strengthening much last season, managed to keep the majority of prize money and I cant imagine most of their players are on much compared to average Premier league wages.

It wouldn't make much sense for them to sell as there isn't a financial burden unlike watford and Bournemouth who have a good few 20 million plus signings on 60k wages.

Norwich can afford to keep their team and stand a decent chance of promotion again this season.

I can understand that they might want to/be able to afford to keep them, but I would be surprised if all of their players were prepared to play a season in the Championship.    

8 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

If it's true they're just quibbling over £2 million then I think he'll be signed pretty quickly. That's a miniscule difference when negotiating transfers for Premier League clubs.

• Like 1

Hypothetically speaking, if we started the season with...

Wilson
Watkins     Grealish    Harry Wilson
               Luiz    McGinn

Or even...

Wilson
Watkins                           Harry Wilson

Grealish    
               Luiz    McGinn

How pleased would you be with that?

Edited by PieFacE

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

I wonder what these add ons could be, to not cough up the extra 2m. He could end up costing more 

How about £2m if he scores 15 league goals & £3m if we finish in a CL place?  ;)

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Wilson
               Luiz    McGinn

Or even...

Wilson

Grealish    
               Luiz    McGinn

Not very. 

8 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

If it's true they're just quibbling over £2 million then I think he'll be signed pretty quickly. That's a miniscule difference when negotiating transfers for Premier League clubs.

We say this alot you know, but for example, if we want 5 signings, 2 - 3 mill extra on 4 signing could be the difference between having an additional 8 - 12 mill (On top of our existing allocation) for a class winger or CM. Or another plan C.

Which is why I'm very much with the club trying to get the best values they can.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Wilson
               Luiz    McGinn

Or even...

Wilson

Grealish    
               Luiz    McGinn

Im not sure on Harry Wilson. Swap him out for A.N. Other and looks solid. Definitely stronger than last year's alternatives.