Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Who cares about big names? We are not Everton or Newcastle  throwing good money on “big names” that don’t much to improve them. I like to believe villa are being smarter now. Getting in players before they’re big names. Like Cash, if things go well, he could be a big name right back, in the England mix. 

Villa is the place to grow big 

I want wilson, think he'd be a good signing.

My point is, if we fail to bring in players like wilson then we won't end up bringing better IMO. You don't tend to go up a list when missing out on players. 

If smith wants him, I hope we land him.

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Anyone up for a game of VT transfer bingo?

Underwhelmed/Underwhelming     Never heard of him    Overrated                      Worried/Worrying

Disappointed/Disappointing            Rubbish                        Injury prone                  No chance

Lack of ambition                                Shit                                Not for those wages   It's just a link

Twatter                                                Overpriced                    Desperate                     Offer them Hogan

Anytime someone mentions JulieB, Mysteryman or HairyHands?

18 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Underwhelmed/Underwhelming     Never heard of him    Overrated                      Worried/Worrying

Disappointed/Disappointing            Rubbish                        Injury prone                  No chance

Lack of ambition                                Shit                                Not for those wages   It's just a link

Twatter                                                Overpriced                    Desperate                     Offer them Hogan

Can’t believe you didn't ad the ol the classic, 
“PrEmiER LeaGuE exPriaNce” 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Listening to that James Chester podcast last night he was talking about what he thought we needed this summer and said in PL you can never have enough creative players in your side and thought we needed to address that in the summer. I think most would agree because although we improved defensively after lock down the number of decent chances we created fell off a cliff. 

All the names linked so far seem to plug obvious wholes across most other areas of our squad. While Wilson, Watkins add some pace, strength it doesn't really address the creativity. 

I guess those creative players 1 or 2 will be what completes our summer spending. Be interesting to see what names crop up there. 

One of our priorities this window has to be lightening the burden & responsibility on Jack... we would have finished bottom if he was injured for a decent amount of games... our whole attacking play revolves around him and everyone looks to pass it to him before really trying anything themselves...

We need a big upgrade in attacking quality and players that have belief & confidence (coupled with technical ability & skill) that are willing to express themselves, this kind of player is a much higher priority than a striker (which we also obviously need) imo.

Its why I would like us to go for players like Benrahma, Buendia, Deulofeu etc. (and why Rashica would have been a great signing, there’s plenty of these kinds of players out there and we should be pursuing them & hopefully are).

I think it’s what we need most and Jack will enjoy playing with these kinds of players, just imagine the amount of chances we will create and we will be able to cope without him at times...

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I want wilson, think he'd be a good signing.

My point is, if we fail to bring in players like wilson then we won't end up bringing better IMO. You don't tend to go up a list when missing out on players. 

If smith wants him, I hope we land him.

My feelings too, but I would replace Wilson with Watkins. ;)

43 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Don't forget "Preparing a bid" after all, we do a lot of it. 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

By accounts it seems we want both though.

I can't see us signing both for £40m+. I know Watkins has played wide, but it is as a striker that he made his name, last season. I can't really see us buying two for one place, given that we already have Wesley, Samatta and Davis on the books.

Just now, John said:

I can't see us signing both for £40m+. I know Watkins has played wide, but it is as a striker that he made his name, last season. I can't really see us buying two for one place, given that we already have Wesley, Samatta and Davis on the books.

"It's as a striker he made his name", to the public you mean, but not to Deano.

You could be right though we just have to wait and see I guess.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Fancy name, I trust their judgement, He can also fill in at & Worse than the Championship