Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

58 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Brentford fans that have voiced an opinion on here would disagree. 

As you may know I love a good whoscored stat comparison, and can confirm Ollie Watkins is a better player overall than Maupay (statistically) . However Maupay's goal ratio is reasonably solid (10 in 30 last season). I think Watkins should at least be able to match that though. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

Kosovan Journo reporting that Rashica pranged his knee in their international game tonight. Not thought to be too bad. Lad needs to be careful though if he wants to make a late move to B6 before the window shuts. 

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Kosovan Journo reporting that Rashica pranged his knee in their international game tonight. Not thought to be too bad. Lad needs to be careful though if he wants to make a late move to B6 before the window slams shut. 

Fixed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

Kosovan Journo reporting that Rashica pranged his knee in their international game tonight. Not thought to be too bad. Lad needs to be careful though if he wants to make a late move to B6 before the window shuts. 

britney spears GIF

13 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

As you may know I love a good whoscored stat comparison, and can confirm Ollie Watkins is a better player overall than Maupay (statistically) . However Maupay's goal ratio is reasonably solid (10 in 30 last season). I think Watkins should at least be able to match that though. 

Why can't we just make a bid for Edouard though? What is the point of spending crazy money on Olly Watkins 🤔

49 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

The guys that watch him week in/week out would disagree with you here. I'd tend to listen to them. They have a far greater knowledge of maupay/Watkins. 

Maupay have done it in the Premier League though.

I just really like the player. I like that he can be an a**hole at times on the pitch. We lack a bit of nastiness. We are too soft at times.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think somebody said Mbuemo picked up Covid so maybe thats why his form wasnt so good near the end. I think he be a better pick up than Benrahma

Yeah that’s true actually, I remember them saying that now and he’d come back quickly and lacked energy.

1 minute ago, Villain-from-Texas said:

Because we prefer Watkins to Edouard?

Then whoever is making that decision needs to understand statistics and visit a qualified optician, they aren't even comparable.

Edited by paul514
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Why can't we just make a bid for Edouard though? What is the point of spending crazy money on Olly Watkins 🤔

It’s a choice, crazy money on Watkins or crazy money on Edouard? I think who ever we buy will seem like crazy money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, troon_villan said:

Here's the thing though, the type of player that Benrahma is - a tricky, creative winger - will cost you.  Teams were paying £20m for these types 10 years ago.

So either the figure they want is much much higher or we aren't actually that interested and/or he's our plan b, c or d. 

Bums off seats players will cost us 20m - 30m unless you manage to unearth a gem.

I mean, do we want him or not?  Not convinced we do. 

I think we agree?

8 minutes ago, thunderball said:

It’s a choice, crazy money on Watkins or crazy money on Edouard? I think who ever we buy will seem like crazy money.

A crazy price for Watkins and a market rate purchase for Edouard.

• Like 3