Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

maybe he meant the Chelsea Chalobah?, Bardell didnt actually mention the first name i just assumed.

Nowhere near good enough for us if that was the one he was on about.

Won't be him as he joined Lorient on a season long loan last week.

Edited by VillaChris

Is anyone good enough for us ? I know it’s a forum and we all have an opinion but no one seems to be acceptable, we are not that attractive to top players at the moment, it takes time.

1 minute ago, smg said:

Is anyone good enough for us ? I know it’s a forum and we all have an opinion but no one seems to be acceptable, we are not that attractive to top players at the moment, it takes time.

Plenty of good players who've signed for smaller clubs in european leagues are good enough, we need to get cracking now.

1 minute ago, smg said:

I think you'd be surprised. 

We play in the most exciting and money-packed league in the world, we survived our first season makes us somewhat less of a gamble and we have extremely rich owners with a vision to sell.

Our perennial mid-table to bottom half sides are regularly signing players the top sides other other leagues are looking at.

4 hours ago, Tez500 said:

Let's have a game of guess who?!

Looks like Rashica to me!

The big question is, who is the guy behind the wall in the very left hand side of the window? 

He looks like he's about to down a pint in one.  Are we going to re-sign McCormack? 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, villatillidie1980 said:

I don’t for one minute think we’re not working hard, I’m just hoping that things are further along with certain players than it currently appears. 

Can't be working too hard if they have time to go out on the lash with Messi and Rashica.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve downloaded an app called freedom which lets you block websites on phones. I managed to avoid villatalk all day! 

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Erm.... It doesn't seem to be working. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

I might be going mental but I can see Tony Xia in this pic🥵

I've just done a Google Streetview of this and there is definitely a Mondeo in the car park. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The big question is, who is the guy behind the wall in the very left hand side of the window? 

He looks like he's about to down a pint in one.  Are we going to re-sign McCormack? 

Sorry McCormack could not make the meeting tonight as his electric gates are on the blink...

• Haha 1

Will Hughes would be acceptable ...
N.Chalobah  not so acceptable ... 

The yardstick is - Are you a better player than say Hourihane or Lansbury? Answer Yes ; you may continue. Answer No; and we go no further. Same across the squad. 

I’m still 5 days away from stressing so no panic.  Also, so far, it’s only been reported that Mckennie & Rashica who have turned us down, So 🤞🏻 Still hope for a spectacular summer. My prediction is 0ne in by Friday, with tw0 in quick succession... Edouard my 1st choice! Followed by 2 from 3 @ Brentford 

Edited by thabucks
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, quazzie goat said:

Out of curiosity, how do people listing all these players playing abroad know they are actually any good? It’s different when it’s a top tier club like a Madrid or Juventus but just curious outside of that group unless watching lots of foreign football weekly?

1253401055-footballmanager2020-preview-M

fifa-20---button-2020-1568061446797.jpg

• Haha 2

Anyone know how many more pre season friendlies we have left? Will surely be tough to have anything on weekend of 12th September given all the other teams seasons will have started by then.

At least we'll have the league cup in the midweek to give new signings some minutes but it's pretty risky going into Sheffield United game with potential 2-3 new players who'd only have had a couple of training sessions with team mates and one match against a likely lower league team.

This is a difficult window but we really should've made a signing by now. I'd like to think we'll be signing an international player or two so also have to factor in a possible target will be on international duty for next week.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, smg said:

Rashica, Edouard, Watkins, Benrahma,Buendia, Brooks, Abraham, Henry, Martinez are all acceptable. Most of them would be on less than the likes of Wilson...etc

For me, it’s either to upgrade by spending, or just try to get some prospects. Yes we can get the odd loans to fill gaps, but we shall more from average and much paid players. 

Whats the point to pay Wilson whatever when he’s not done more than Wesley last season. It’s the amount of spending compared to the quality. If he was getting paid as McGinn...etc then I’d say yes. 

From Bournemouth I’d be very happy to get Brooks, might try and get Billing (we need physical presence in the middle). I’m not sure if I’s take anyone else.

I still think we’re trying to do very much better business than last season.