Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Maybe we should hire Suso again

Imagine if it turns out the actual fall out was that Deano wanted to sign Brentford, and Suso wanted more ambitious targets? lol

I'm joking.

Kind of.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

5/6 quality signings combining to around £150m wouldn't be a bad window.

That would allow us to blow £50m on a top striker and still sign 4 or 5 £20m/£25m figured quality players.

I don't think it's too unrealistic to expect us to spend near what we did last summer.

Imo we would have had a lot more players over the line if we were going for that kind of outlay. Sure it could still happen between now and mid October...but I think it will close to 50/60m.....

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

FYI... I think I might be partially responsible for the recent influx of d*ckheads.

Due to waxing lyrical about VT being my Villa space, on Facebook, as the Facebook Villa pages do my head in. 

I might have alerted the type I was actually running away from.

Apologies all.

🤦🏾‍♂️

I was wondering where all the cuntwaffles came from, I should have guessed it was Facebook 😅

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not that we stand a chance of signing Messi........but.........this vid is apparently when he was 8??

My second eldest is 9 and i assure you all that his Sunday matches look nothing like this :P ........this kind of skill is almost a god given gift.

I sincerely hope that the rumours of Messi to man city being done are correct. I really want to see Messi live at least once. I will applaud him at Villa Park once we're allowed to return.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not that we stand a chance of signing Messi........but.........this vid is apparently when he was 8??

My second eldest is 9 and i assure you all that his Sunday matches look nothing like this :P ........this kind of skill is almost a god given gift.

Higher quality video and everyone is a couple of feet taller is the only difference to today. I'm amazed his technique hasn't improved in the last 25 years though.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He was actually 6 judging by the date

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

I sincerely hope that the rumours of Messi to man city being done are correct. I really want to see Messi live at least once. I will applaud him at Villa Park after he's just scored a perfect hat-trick past Nyland within the first 15 mins...

Made it more realistic should he sign

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I always wondered what happened to the kid in this video... now I know. 

12 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm intrigued by the lack of real interest in Benrahma. Obviously a good player, but I wonder if the general consensus among PL clubs is that he won't be as effective doing what he does in the PL. 

strong possibility.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Imagine if it turns out the actual fall out was that Deano wanted to sign Brentford, and Suso wanted more ambitious targets? lol

I'm joking.

Kind of.

are you really? 😇

• Haha 1

I dont know City may be buying messi is alright by me, but Leeds buying Rodri from a top LaLiga side, yet the media has us going for championship stuff, yeah if that happens, that's severely F***ed up alone lol

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Without a doubt god given talent. It also helps that his 8 year old teammates have better positional awareness than Wes and Samatta.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jake Alberice reporting that we want both Watkins and Wilson, I'd prefer Watkins and Édouard, but at least Wilson would give us that top level experience that so many crave. And if we do sign two strikers I don't think that should be seen as a sign that we're going to play Watkins wide, at times he might be used there, but we're allowed to have good players on the bench as well.

• Like 1

All the speculated targets might be just rumours, but the fact is that this team needs several first team players to have good chance to avoid relegation next year not to mention climbing up table. And for them to have maximum impact they should have arrived already. That definitely must have been the plan, anything else would have been just amateurish. So for some reason we are not able to deliver to the set plan. I think we are already limited to the current players when considering september starting lineups. Thats Steer or Nyland in goal and Samatta or Davis upfront. I think the current team can improve as well as the above mentioned players, but this is still huge risk also considering lack of squad depth.

On 30/08/2020 at 14:00, TRO said:

I think we have to face a few realities.....The top teams are hoovering up all the established talent.....and they don't have to play them.

What has changed is that these clubs can afford to not play them or not be financially injured by a miss....If they don't work out they seem impervious to financial pressure and there is always clubs like us to pick up the scraps....I think we have to change our perception.

I am not professing to say we are in an easy position, but I think we have to design our strategy carefully moving forward.....Lange has only just found where the toilets are, so we won't see his benefit for a while yet. The changes the club has made, will hopefully see us ok in the future, but right now, we are still in the groove to a degree with yesterdays mens outlook.

We seem to have good people looking after the academy and that is developing nicely....but getting established stars are proving to be much more difficult and terribly costly.....players as close to guaranteed as possible are too expensive and not interested in us.

I would like to see us in for some of the emerging stars like Patson Daka or Erling Haaland, in their early development stages Aubameyang and Lacazette, when they was at St Ettiene at 22 and Lyon at 21.....Saltzburg seem to have been a hotbed for talent in recent years, and some of the scandinavian clubs are too....we need to be in for some of these players earlier enough to have a chance and take a gamble....and early enough for us to be an attraction......In the meantime, we just need players good enough to keep us up......to develop us further, I think we need the former strategy, which will indeed take some time....but we need to develop this prudency or the "early bird catches the worm"

And in view of how difficult it is to get this talent.....when we get some of our own, we need not be too quick to let it go so cheaply....i.e Gary Cahill, Adama Traore, Mark Albrighton, Calum Robinson, Gareth Barry, Gollini as just a few examples.

Oops my edit has gone wrong.

Edited by TRO