Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not that we stand a chance of signing Messi........but.........this vid is apparently when he was 8??

My second eldest is 9 and i assure you all that his Sunday matches look nothing like this :P ........this kind of skill is almost a god given gift.

Without wishing to derail the thread, his talent is just beyond mere mortals really, I think the rumours of him being autistic aren't far off the mark.  He is capable of doing the craziest mathematical calculations in an instant.  Even stuff like the amount of nutmegs he pulls off often against defenders who are moving take incredible timing when you think about it.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not that we stand a chance of signing Messi........but.........this vid is apparently when he was 8??

My second eldest is 9 and i assure you all that his Sunday matches look nothing like this :P ........this kind of skill is almost a god given gift.

Better then most of the current villa team 😂

2 minutes ago, vazquez said:

All the speculated targets might be just rumours, but the fact is that this team needs several first team players to have good chance to avoid relegation next year not to mention climbing up table. And for them to have maximum impact they should have arrived already. That definitely must have been the plan, anything else would have been just amateurish. So for some reason we are not able to deliver to the set plan. I think we are already limited to the current players when considering september starting lineups. Thats Steer or Nyland in goal and Samatta or Davis upfront. I think the current team can improve as well as the above mentioned players, but this is still huge risk also considering lack of squad depth.

We under performed last season. We have mings , Luiz, Grealish , potentially a guilbert and wesley replacement ....that should be enough to worry some of the lesser teams. 

I'd just like us to get another keeper.

55 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I had not insulted your football knowledge please read again .. i only stated if you watch how he plays then you will know his level of standard. Your response seems quite angry, grow up and act accordingly ,im not lowering your football IQ get a grip 

My dads TV is bigger than your dads.

35 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I dont know City may be buying messi is alright by me, but Leeds buying Rodri from a top LaLiga side, yet the media has us going for championship stuff, yeah if that happens, that's severely F***ed up alone lol

well he is 29.

scored 110 goals in 379 games in his career...thats a goal every 3.44 games.

scored 59 goals in 220 games at Valencia.

Scored 22 in 85 games in his last 2 seasons....thats a goal every 3.72 games, so he is not getting better.

whichever way you look at it, he is not prolific....its a gamble IMO

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

well he is 29.

scored 110 goals in 379 games in his career...thats a goal every 3.44 games.

scored 59 goals in 220 games at Valencia.

Scored 22 in 85 games in his last 2 seasons....thats a goal every 3.72 games, so he is not getting better.

whichever way you look at it, he is not prolific....its a gamble IMO

But he has got an exotic name though 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

On form after the break we were about 14th, I think. It was so obvious we had seriously tightened up during the break. I actually don't think the current squad is as bad as some make out. One or two quality additions could be all we need. These deals can take time, especially in this post covid transfer window. There really is absolutely no point in being concerned about the players we are being linked with. The media have absolutely no clue at all. They are almost certainly reading fan forums and Twitter looking for ideas and then making links up in order to generate clicks. That's all they care about. If they read on Twitter 100 fans saying what a good signing Player X would be, then it's in their interest to write a story to attract the clicks. I swear this has happened dozens of times this summer. Weston McKennie is a great example. He hadn't been linked at all, and then someone on here mentioned him and low and behold a couple of days later he was being linked to us in the media. I actually don't think there was ever anything in it.

Remember that tweet from Smith's son's friend last summer? We hadn't been linked with most players on there at all. It just showed what is going on behind the scenes is nothing like what is in the media. We are a well oiled machine now and water tight. Nothing will be getting out, especially after that list leaked. I imaging Purslow gave someone a bollocking for that. Unfortunately, patience is going to be the key, more than ever. I'm confident they have big things planned. Let's judge them after the window closes.

If you take the promise we showed in the first few games, and combine it with the will and focus we showed in the last few, then i agree our starting 11 CAN compete.  

BUT we are always only 1 injury away from playing the likes of Nyland, Lansbury, Vassiliev.  Theres also the question of form, Mings, Grealish, Luiz, McGinn all suffered with poor form for long periods, and the likes Trez and AEG just dont seem good enough

With a shorter, compressed season, injuries are likely to play an even bigger part, and we simply dont have the personnel to handle it.

Let Newcastle or Wet Spam have Wilson. He'll want a 4 year contract with massive wages and he's not that good.

Star player wages for a rotation player is not the way to go.

3 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Got ya, just checking if id missed something. I'd like wilson, always rated him, especially against us. 

Sky transfer centre 7.07pm tonight.....just a comment on their feed. Means nothing.

6 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Got ya, just checking if id missed something. I'd like wilson, always rated him, especially against us. 

He's injured all the time. Horrific rumour if true that he's a main target now

• Like 1