Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

One thing is judging the club of wrong transfers, lack of transfers or too expensive transfers, but criticising the club over transfers that has never happened and only taken place in Nixon's chromebook is rather absurd. 

And also common practice. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Absolutely no chance .. you need to analyse how he plays and then if your knowledge of football is up to standard you will know that he wont transform into this beast. He lacks the main qualities required to be a feared striker.. other than hold up the ball and brung it down on his chest and then spray a nice pass out wide to the wing there is nothing else to his game believe me. Luiz Had footballing abilities and the required attributes but he just needed to adapt to the game - Theres a difference !!

Bring in 2 quality wingers and that's all he needs to do.

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

When did the owners promise this ? 

My guess is they were alarmed the way we spanked money up last summer and want to see some more shrewd spending this summer.

John McGinn posted on twitter that Wes Edens had contacted some of the players directly to congratulate them on staying up after the last game of the season and said that reinforcements would be brought in to improve the team/squad and re-iterated that they wanted to take Villa back to being a leading force not just here but in Europe also. 

5 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Its a speculation thread, so all we have is what's in the media to form an opinion until signings are made.

To be a week before the opening day of the season with no new blood is highly concerning.

The season is two weeks away and it’s three weeks until our first match. 

• Like 1

As a few others have already pointed out, I feel we want Watkins for his versatility.

So wouldn't surprise me if we buy him, AND an out and out CF, plus ONE winger.

I mean Cash can even play Right Wing.

Okay a 4 - 3 - 3 with Wide forwards

CF as focal point.

I wonder if this sees Jack as Wide left forward, or left of a Midfield three?

Or just gives us more room for fluid formations.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

My football knowledge is fine thanks.

Your comments are definitive with no substance apart from your own views.  My view is that you are wrong and my view and football knowledge is as good as yours.

I had not insulted your football knowledge please read again .. i only stated if you watch how he plays then you will know his level of standard. Your response seems quite angry, grow up and act accordingly ,im not lowering your football IQ get a grip 

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

I had not insulted your football knowledge please read again .. i only stated if you watch how he plays then you will know his level of standard. Your response seems quite angry, grow up and act accordingly ,im not lowering your football IQ get a grip 

post popcorn GIF

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Fact is mate, regardless of what anyone else has done, we are the team that finished one place above relegation and whose owners have promised players to strengthen to make us better. So far, we have bought nobody and nearly every link is to players below the level of the league we play in - that is all very concerning. 

Now, the owners may have all the best will in the world but if the club is unable to attract the quality needed there are questions that need to be asked. It cannot always be attributed to players wanting London. Will the manager be targeted for change or, in the worst case scenario, will the owners get fed up of not being able to attract such players and decide to bail out? That is my worst fear. 

On form after the break we were about 14th, I think. It was so obvious we had seriously tightened up during the break. I actually don't think the current squad is as bad as some make out. One or two quality additions could be all we need. These deals can take time, especially in this post covid transfer window. There really is absolutely no point in being concerned about the players we are being linked with. The media have absolutely no clue at all. They are almost certainly reading fan forums and Twitter looking for ideas and then making links up in order to generate clicks. That's all they care about. If they read on Twitter 100 fans saying what a good signing Player X would be, then it's in their interest to write a story to attract the clicks. I swear this has happened dozens of times this summer. Weston McKennie is a great example. He hadn't been linked at all, and then someone on here mentioned him and low and behold a couple of days later he was being linked to us in the media. I actually don't think there was ever anything in it.

Remember that tweet from Smith's son's friend last summer? We hadn't been linked with most players on there at all. It just showed what is going on behind the scenes is nothing like what is in the media. We are a well oiled machine now and water tight. Nothing will be getting out, especially after that list leaked. I imaging Purslow gave someone a bollocking for that. Unfortunately, patience is going to be the key, more than ever. I'm confident they have big things planned. Let's judge them after the window closes.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

I think he has a high level potential standard.  I think like we saw with Luiz with a bit of time to settle Wes has the attributes to be really good for us and I’m looking forward to seeing him once his injury has cleared up and he’s given some games to get match fitness.

My response had no anger in it, not sure it would require anger, I’m just debating on a forum

10 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

John McGinn posted on twitter that Wes Edens had contacted some of the players directly to congratulate them on staying up after the last game of the season and said that reinforcements would be brought in to improve the team/squad and re-iterated that they wanted to take Villa back to being a leading force not just here but in Europe also. 

Fair enough I hadn't seen that. I still wouldn't be expecting a string of £50m signings based on that though.

13 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Kaveh Solhekol.

Of all the career bullshitting breeze chatting gobshites on Sky Sports down the years, this guy is comfortably the worst. What a complete and utter tw@t.

Well fingers crossed Sky investigate his little rant over the weekend...

35 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Absolutely no chance .. you need to analyse how he plays and then if your knowledge of football is up to standard you will know that he wont transform into this beast. He lacks the main qualities required to be a feared striker.. other than hold up the ball and brung it down on his chest and then spray a nice pass out wide to the wing there is nothing else to his game believe me. Luiz Had footballing abilities and the required attributes but he just needed to adapt to the game - Theres a difference !!

Lets get the ball into area between the six-yard line and penalty spot on a regular basis then we can judge. He has to hold the ball up deep, because our wingers are deep, and they very rarely get to the by line. It the reason all of our strikers weren't getting many chances to score last season.

He does the job he were asking him to do very well , he has the ability to score in front of goal given the chance.

• Like 1