Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, hippo said:

I've read that tweet several times and it seems to be about zaha and crystal palace. 

I called him a dick and said what he said the other day was potentially defamatory and a few people on here asked what it was that he said so I answered them. What he was saying wasn't about us.

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

I called him a dick and said what he said the other day was potentially defamatory and a few people on here asked what it was that he said so I answered them. What he was saying wasn't about us.

I'm curious but how is saying zaha wants to leave crystal palace defamatory ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I'm still confused, isn't the tweet just him saying he got a load of abuse for something to do with Zaha? I really don't get why that's so terrible about what he's said, have I missed something else that happened? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Maybe a gamble but the point is they may or have lured a guy from a top European club, so why cant we or why aren't we?

I think Leeds will have an advantage over us when signing players from Europe or South America. Bielsa is very highly rated.  Apparently he is selling his vision to new signing.

1 minute ago, weedman said:

I'm still confused, isn't the tweet just him saying he got a load of abuse for something to do with Zaha? I really don't get why that's so terrible about what he's said, have I missed something else that happened? 

Glad it's not just me !

• Like 1

Just now, weedman said:

He was calling a twitter account “HLTCO” racist. HLTCO often comments about him spouting lies about Zaha leaving etc. But had never said anything racist. People then started tweeting #sackkaveh for libel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, weedman said:

He’s accusing a twitter fan account of giving him abuse with racist undertones but is unable to back it up and has now blocked the comments.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 minutes ago, weedman said:

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Glad it's not just me !

Sorry, should have explained that it was about him accusing HLTCO of being racist purely because they called him out on his bull shit. They haven't said anything wrong at all.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, birdistheword said:

He was calling a twitter account “HLTCO” racist. HLTCO often comments about him spouting lies about Zaha leaving etc. But had never said anything racist. People then started tweeting #sackkaveh for libel. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s accusing a twitter fan account of giving him abuse with racist undertones but is unable to back it up and has now blocked the comments.

Just now, Okonokos said:

Sorry, should have explained that it was about him accusing HLTCO of being racist purely because the called him out on his bull shit. They haven't said anything wrong at all.

OK thanks for clarifying, makes more sense now! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, weedman said:

OK thanks for clarifying, makes more sense now! 

He's even blocking people who are asking him to provide proof. Utter Representative for Wellingborough. Sums the football media up today, especially during the transfer window.

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

He's even blocking people who are asking him to provide proof. Utter Representative for Wellingborough. Sums the football media up today, especially during the transfer window.

Back OT - does he know if we are signing Watkins?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

HAHAHHAHA Short term solution for when Wes returns.. mate Wilson is a far better striker than Wesley ever will be .. are we watching the same wesley .. disrespectful to Wilson to say the least , that he’s going to be replaced when wesley comes back 😂 absolutely no chance of that happening.

I’m watching the Wilson who scored 7 in 35 last season versus the Wesley who scored 5 in his first 20 games in England and suggesting the latter can still learn a lot from the former to develop into a long-term solution. Not disrespectful in the slightest.

• Like 3

Watkins seems to be one of our primary targets and given he's played for Dean before, may well be up for joining us, if we can agree a fee. Wilson may cost a little less fee wise, but if we really are turning to him, it would seem we are already looking further down our list of potential targets than I had hoped we would need to.

I'd be fine with Calum Wilson actually. He's not a bad scorer, just a few bad injuries at Bourneouth which is a concern but far more confident with him up front than Wesley, Davis or Samatta, proper off the shoulder/running in behind type striker. Him and Watkins would be solid recruitment upfront. Don't understand why it has to be one or the other, we had the worst strikeforce in premier league last season by quite a distance. Pukki at Norwich scored 5 more goals than all of our "strikers" combined last season and his last league goal was on January 22nd.

55 minutes ago, birdistheword said:

I'm no fan of Jim White at all for his presenting style but he basically tweeted I agree with Kaveh and then got a whole load of #sackjimwhite tweets trending on Sunday morning.

Twitter is so bizarre sometimes for bandwagon jumping, glad the 6 month school holiday is nearly over.

• Like 1