Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

cant believe people are turning their nose up at c wilson when we have had davis and samatta running round like headless chickens for the last half of the season 

His scoring record isn't great. He's getting on and on big wages and is injured far too often. Would be horrendous signing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Our scouting system is abit naff if we're looking at Callum Wilson to be our saviour. Past it and on massive wages. 

I'd take him if it meant we could get Tammy Abraham in 12 months.

To do that we'd need to be mid table and I'd be more confident of that with Wilson and Watkins upfront than just Watkins being given all the pressure.

If Wilson scores 10 goals next season (he scored 14 for Bournemouth in 18/19) we could just flog him to a newly promoted club for whatever we pay this summer. Or he becomes a good option off the bench and that's how you improve the squad.

Some interesting opinions flying around. Someone elsewhere has said they'd rather have Benteke than Wilson. Benteke is older and has scored 6 league goals since first game of 2017 season, Calum Wilson has scored 30 league goals in that time.

He has had bad injuries but last two seasons he's average 30 league games with majority of those being starts. When he came back from last ACL in October 2017 he featured in 28 games so barely missed a game from that point in 17/18 either. Danny Ings had two ACLs in two years at Liverpool and tends to do o.k now.

Seems odd to just dismiss signing him because he last had a bad injury three years ago and yet seemingly rely on Wesley and Davis with one still months away from returning and the other getting injured when he plays 3 games on a regular basis.

We could do much worse than signing Calum Wilson this summer and with our striker record over last 10 years I fully expect us to.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Maybe a gamble but the point is they may or have lured a guy from a top European club, so why cant we or why aren't we?

From the looks of it he plays on the wing as an inside forward but also can play striker. So that's not a bad return really if most his games are as a wideman.

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

8 in 35 in 19/20 Basically 1 in 4.5

So two more than all of Davis/Wesley/Samatta/Kodj managed over the whole season, nice.

If you look at the scoring charts now in premier league anyone who gets over 15 goals simply isn't a realistic option so we will have to get someone in capable of 8-15 goals. When was the last time we actually had a 20 league scorer, I know Benteke got very close with 19 in 12/13 and Angel got 17 in 03/04. Yorke never got 20 league goals in a season which surprised me.

Danny Ings scored 7 league goals in 18/19. I'm not saying Wilson will have an amazing scoring season next year if we sign him but let's given him a chance, his record is decent and it's much better than signing someone from Belgium who looks like they've never played CF position in their life.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

So two more than all of Davis/Wesley/Samatta/Kodj managed over the whole season, nice.

If you look at the scoring charts now in premier league anyone who gets over 15 goals simply isn't a realistic option so we will have to get someone in capable of 8-15 goals. When was the last time we actually had a 20 league scorer, I know Benteke got very close with 19 in 12/13 and Angel got 17 in 03/04. Yorke never got 20 league goals in a season which surprised me.

Danny Ings scored 7 league goals in 18/19. I'm not saying Wilson will have an amazing scoring season next year if we sign him but let's given him a chance, his record is decent and it's much better than signing someone from Belgium who looks like they've never played CF position in their life.

Ridiculous comparing to Wesley who scored 5 before missing good chunk of season through injury. Also reports saying Wilson wants 75k a week. No thanks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Ridiculous comparing to Wesley who scored 5 before missing good chunk of season through injury. Also reports saying Wilson wants 75k a week. No thanks

reports also saying we're offering watkins 70k per week. Experienced in his prime years England International for almost the same wages and a smaller transfer fee than a prolific mid twenties championship striker.

Wesley is coming back from a horrific injury, and won't be available until November in all likelihood. We have seen from recent strikers like Kodjia and Kozak that they can come back much worse than they were before, even when they do get back. And Wesley was absolute pants even before he got injured anyway.

I really think people need a bit of a reality check. Wesley, Davis and Samatta is probably in the bottom five strike forces in Premier League history. As if people are turning their noses up at Callum Wilson.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

Wilson is past his peak and got 8 goals in 32 starts... 

Wesley got 5 in 21 in a newly promoted team, barely speaking the language and will improve... 

Sign players who can perform and develop from the off, not players on the brink of 30 looking for payday to see them into retirement. Especially Wilson who HAS HAD SEVERAL MASSIVE INJURIES

Wesley barely speaks what language? He could speak English when he played in Belgium. 

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

"Birmingham Live" claiming we are set to "step up" our chase for Callum Wilson as we might miss out on Watkins due to difference in valuation. Lol

What happened to that rumour of swapping Hogan for Wilson? Did Bournemouth realise that would have been horrendous for them?

Wilson would be a excellent squad signing as part of the mix.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

What happened to that rumour of swapping Hogan for Wilson? Did Bournemouth realise that would have been horrendous for them?

Or we realised it would have been horrendous for us