Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Ignore the press speculation. It is meaningless. We run a tight ship. It’s not a bad thing. The club will continue to go about its business regardless. None of it reflects our ambitions or targets. It’s speculation to generate clicks, debates, and gambling speculation. Ignore and wait for the signings to come. 

So you don't think Cash and Watkins are coming them ?

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Ill tell you this i will be outraged and disgusted if we dont seal the signing of Säid Benrahma..

Prepare to be outraged and disgusted then. Twitter might be a more natural home for any further thoughts on this.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree.  I’m hoping he’ll do a Luiz and come back stronger.  Even in his last game he was showing signs

Absolutely no chance .. you need to analyse how he plays and then if your knowledge of football is up to standard you will know that he wont transform into this beast. He lacks the main qualities required to be a feared striker.. other than hold up the ball and brung it down on his chest and then spray a nice pass out wide to the wing there is nothing else to his game believe me. Luiz Had footballing abilities and the required attributes but he just needed to adapt to the game - Theres a difference !!

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree.  I’m hoping he’ll do a Luiz and come back stronger.  Even in his last game he was showing signs

Absolutely no chance .. you need to analyse how he plays and then if your knowledge of football is up to standard you will know that he wont transform into this beast. He lacks the main qualities required to be a feared striker.. other than hold up the ball and brung it down on his chest and then spray a nice pass out wide to the wing there is nothing else to his game believe me. Luiz Has footballing abilities and the required attributes but he just needed to adapt to the game - Theres a difference !!

33 minutes ago, hippo said:

Think we've all brought into the £100m spend too much. Maybe those players above are the only ones in our range.

If that's the best we can attract/afford, then we truly are a championship club.

That group is not good enough.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Ill tell you this i will be outraged and disgusted if we dont seal the signing of Säid Benrahma.. hes the realistic target that we end up being wanted by the top teams in europe when he shows what he’s capable of in the Premier League and we need to be the team that grabs him we messed about last season By not getting him we cannot afford to miss out again this time round. We are favourites to land Origi according to skybet but we will see what happens.

Veruca Salt GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

9 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Absolutely no chance .. you need to analyse how he plays and then if your knowledge of football is up to standard you will know that he wont transform into this beast. He lacks the main qualities required to be a feared striker.. other than hold up the ball and brung it down on his chest and then spray a nice pass out wide to the wing there is nothing else to his game believe me. Luiz Has footballing abilities and the required attributes but he just needed to adapt to the game - Theres a difference !!

My football knowledge is fine thanks.

Your comments are definitive with no substance apart from your own views.  My view is that you are wrong and my view and football knowledge is as good as yours.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Watkins & Cash improve our first 11 - Swift is better than Drinkwater on the bench. I doubt this is the only business we are going to do. 

I disagree.  Both are unproven at this level and could just as easily flop as succeed.

Wes, when fit, is a better player than Watkins, and i still think Guilbert is better than Cash right now.

Even with Watkins and Cash in the 1st 11, we'd struggle massively to stay up.

I'm concerned, and look forward to the club rubbing my words in my face!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

It's a funny transfer window during very strange times. Look around; not many clubs are doing big business. The money simply isn't there or clubs are being extra careful making negotiations even harder. I believe we have the money to spend and I believe we have ambitious targets, however due to current circumstances it will take longer this window. It may well go right down to the last day for a lot of deals but if that's the case then so be it. I won't be making any judgements or comments until the window closes.

Fact is mate, regardless of what anyone else has done, we are the team that finished one place above relegation and whose owners have promised players to strengthen to make us better. So far, we have bought nobody and nearly every link is to players below the level of the league we play in - that is all very concerning. 

Now, the owners may have all the best will in the world but if the club is unable to attract the quality needed there are questions that need to be asked. It cannot always be attributed to players wanting London. Will the manager be targeted for change or, in the worst case scenario, will the owners get fed up of not being able to attract such players and decide to bail out? That is my worst fear. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, RicRic said:

when wesley comes back 😂 absolutely no chance of that happening.

I expect better players around him with hopefully better service all round to the forward players to play off,  who knows for sure ?

It might all click for the kid ?

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Disagree. His technique when finishing going, across the keeper, is good. I thing he is a good finisher generally. The problem with a lot of the perception around Wes is that has been used more as a link striker than an out and out striker, but simply didn't have the support from the wide players. 

If that hold up and spray the ball to the wideman was going to Salah or Mane as a manager you'd be bloody worried. If he had quality delivery into the box regularly than you'd be bloody worried.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Fact is mate, regardless of what anyone else has done, we are the team that finished one place above relegation and whose owners have promised players to strengthen to make us better. So far, we have bought nobody and nearly every link is to players below the level of the league we play in - that is all very concerning. 

Now, the owners may have all the best will in the world but if the club is unable to attract the quality needed there are questions that need to be asked. It cannot always be attributed to players wanting London. Will the manager be targeted for change or, in the worst case scenario, will the owners get fed up of not being able to attract such players and decide to bail out? That is my worst fear. 

When did the owners promise this ? 

My guess is they were alarmed the way we spanked money up last summer and want to see some more shrewd spending this summer.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Maybe don't believe everything the press say 

Its a speculation thread, so all we have is what's in the media to form an opinion until signings are made.

To be a week before the opening day of the season with no new blood is highly concerning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I expect better players around him with hopefully better service all round to the forward players to play off,  who knows for sure ?

It might all click for the kid ?

Fair enough. But Wesley has never scored goals in any great quantity at any time in his career.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

One thing is judging the club of wrong transfers, lack of transfers or too expensive transfers, but criticising the club over transfers that has never happened and only taken place in Nixon's chromebook is rather absurd. 

We did 200 pages on a player that told us he didn’t want to come.  What do you expect? 😂

19 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Absolutely no chance .. you need to analyse how he plays and then if your knowledge of football is up to standard you will know that he wont transform into this beast. He lacks the main qualities required to be a feared striker.. other than hold up the ball and brung it down on his chest and then spray a nice pass out wide to the wing there is nothing else to his game believe me. Luiz Had footballing abilities and the required attributes but he just needed to adapt to the game - Theres a difference !!

You don't know he won't come back a stronger and better player. Nobody knows that. 

• Like 2