Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

At a cost of 45m, no thanks! 

I would love to have access to those players with top quality that seem to go to top 6 sides for similar money - but we are where we are - I doubt we can attract vastly much better at the moment - but obvs I hope we do. 

Edited by Jareth

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

These things take time yes but we can reduce that time by making more smart decisions from early on.. why get a mediocre player if we have the capital to get a better player in and then say we are just moving steadily until we reach that next level.

Get the best we can get now and stop fiddling with C+ players that are a huge gamble

I’m sure we are trying to get the best that we can, let’s just wait and see before reacting too strongly. 

13 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

The players we are being linked to are not necessarily the players the club are actually targeting. Surely it's not hard to see that the media hasn't got a clue. Last summer was proof of that. I really don't care who we're linked with, it's who we sign that matters.

I hope you're right mate. 

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

HAHAHHAHA Short term solution for when Wes returns.. mate Wilson is a far better striker than Wesley ever will be .. are we watching the same wesley .. disrespectful to Wilson to say the least , that he’s going to be replaced when wesley comes back 😂 absolutely no chance of that happening.

There is if Wilson goes and does a Samatta 🤣

2 minutes ago, useless said:

For the most part the players we're being linked to would improve us and quite a bit in instances of Cash and Watkins, but I hope we're going for some players with some pedigree at an higher level as well, one or two players from the championship is okay but need some proven quality to go with them.

This is the point, the players we are linked with would improve us but not materially. We scraped out of relegation from a heroic 4 final games and a bit of luck.  We were poor all season and slight improvement isn’t going to cut it.  We need some pedigree brought so we can aim for mid table

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

The players we are being linked to are massively uninspiring.

Wheres the ambition?

Think we will be lucky to avoid another relegation battle if Watkins, Wilson, Cash and Swift are the best we can muster...

16 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

The players we are being linked to are not necessarily the players the club are actually targeting. Surely it's not hard to see that the media hasn't got a clue. Last summer was proof of that. I really don't care who we're linked with, it's who we sign that matters.

Hard to argue with either posts. Bang on.

(Ran out of likes)

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

I hope you're right mate. 

It's a funny transfer window during very strange times. Look around; not many clubs are doing big business. The money simply isn't there or clubs are being extra careful making negotiations even harder. I believe we have the money to spend and I believe we have ambitious targets, however due to current circumstances it will take longer this window. It may well go right down to the last day for a lot of deals but if that's the case then so be it. I won't be making any judgements or comments until the window closes.

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

HAHAHHAHA Short term solution for when Wes returns.. mate Wilson is a far better striker than Wesley ever will be .. are we watching the same wesley .. disrespectful to Wilson to say the least , that he’s going to be replaced when wesley comes back 😂 absolutely no chance of that happening.

Wesley is not as bad has people think. He's a young guy with a very young family and mother in-tow. He was always going to take time to settle. He is young, has the perfect physique for the league and I have every faith in him turning out to be better than Callum Wilson. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I would love to have access to those players with top quality that seem to go to top 6 sides for similar money - but we are where we are - I doubt we can attract vastly much better at the moment - but obvs I hope we do. 

Not asking for top six type players I’m asking for mid table quality.  If you don’t think we can attract better than our links we are in real trouble and is it worth wasting 45m then up to 100m including other players on relegation level fighting players.....I’m not convinced.

i don’t think you are right, if we have 100m we can get some real quality in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

It's a funny transfer window during very strange times. Look around; not many clubs are doing big business. The money simply isn't there or clubs are being extra careful making negotiations even harder. I believe we have the money to spend and I believe we have ambitious targets, however due to current circumstances it will take longer this window. It may well go right down to the last day for a lot of deals but if that's the case then so be it. I won't be making any judgements or comments until the window closes.

comment GIF

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Wesley is not as bad has people think. He's a young guy with a very young family and mother in-tow. He was always going to take time to settle. He is young, has the perfect physique for the league and I have every faith in him turning out to be better than Callum Wilson. 

Yeah hes not going to come in and capture his goal scoring from from his other clubs.......oh wait.....

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Not asking for top six type players I’m asking for mid table quality.  If you don’t think we can attract better than our links we are in real trouble and is it worth wasting 45m then up to 100m including other players on relegation level fighting players.....I’m not convinced.

i don’t think you are right, if we have 100m we can get some real quality in.

We’ll overpay though in order to get them ahead of a club who finished higher last season, on fee or wages or both. Maybe we need a mid table finish before we can be more convincing to the likes of Rashica. 

4 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I agree.  I’m hoping he’ll do a Luiz and come back stronger.  Even in his last game he was showing signs

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

The players we are being linked to are massively uninspiring.

Wheres the ambition?

Think we will be lucky to avoid another relegation battle if Watkins, Wilson, Cash and Swift are the best we can muster...

Ill tell you this i will be outraged and disgusted if we dont seal the signing of Säid Benrahma.. hes the realistic target that we end up being wanted by the top teams in europe when he shows what he’s capable of in the Premier League and we need to be the team that grabs him we messed about last season By not getting him we cannot afford to miss out again this time round. We are favourites to land Origi according to skybet but we will see what happens.

Under two weeks to go until the season starts and we've not strengthened.

For a team like us who mostly struggled throughout last season you would think we would try to be better prepared for the season that begins.

The calendar is going to be relentless, a few injuries and we are in big trouble.

• Like 2

Just now, Jareth said:

We’ll overpay though in order to get them ahead of a club who finished higher last season, on fee or wages or both. 

And?

That’s the price we pay for being poorly owned for ten years.

i’d rather overpay for the right player than pay for bang average player whose not going to improve us much

• Like 1