Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

24 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

There is a difference of playing in the prem and being prem quality.

As someone has said this team stayed up by the skin of their teeth and most of the good stuff came from grealish so without him...we would be in the championship.

Could the Gilbert's konsa's samatta' be prem quality...possibly but they are not now....luiz struggled for 30 odd games so he is another possible one.

Targett is a sqaud player at best...poor defensively...alot of danger came from him being out of position so I would replace them

But like i say...these players need better players to learn from...otherwise we will be in the same position next season.

I think all of our players that played a part in us staying up, especially post lockdown when the chips were down will be better players for it. Guilbert, Nakamba, Konsa, Targett and Wesley could all make a step up like Luiz did end of the season. I would expect us to bring in 2 wide forwards and a center forward with the quality to go straight in to the first team. The other positions if we get in players to replace the weak bench we had end of last season who are better and have good potential to break through at this level then that will help us enormously. Both in genuine competition for places and giving us a much stronger squad depth to bring players on from the bench.

People were criticising Grealish's post lockdown contribution right up until the last games, we were not a one man team.

We really do not need another summer of massive player turnover at all, the group will be much improved for the experience gained in the last year.

• Like 1

Those who have the on social media should Be showing much love towards Edouard & Rashica as the new Arsenal Brazilian CB’s pr company tweeted it was the fans love that swayed him ...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8673755/amp/Gabriel-Magalhaes-convinced-join-Arsenal-clubs-fans-bombarded-social-media.html

Gabriel Magalhaes was 'convinced to join Arsenal after fans bombarded him with messages on social media' as Gunners get ready to confirm £27m deal for centre back

It’s also depressing where you end up in desperation searching for transfer news... I think I need to put my phone down and go for a walk .. Its journalism at its worse and a Steaming pile of contradictory 💩-

FANS Convince star to sign... Headline        

EDU convinced star to sign ... Closing paragraph...

Anyhow rant over! #announcerashica #announceedouard 

Edited by thabucks

Vicious circle ... No one pays for news as
much as before. New business is Clickbait as = £££. So the standard of journalism drops. It’s just awful. Headline says one things which is PR BS 💩 then the article goes on to say it was actually Edu who persuaded him and not the not the fans.. Oh and they are basing & paraphrasing from an article from the telegraph which is Behind a paywall...

Back fo transfers ... How about this chant to WU Tang Clans C.R.E.A.M or as Meth said

Cash Ruins Enemies and Marauders ... 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Vicious circle ... No one pays for news as
much as before. New business is Clickbait as = £££. So the standard of journalism drops. It’s just awful. Headline says one things which is PR BS 💩 then the article goes on to say it was actually Edu who persuaded him and not the not the fans.. Oh and they are basing & paraphrasing from an article from the telegraph which is Behind a paywall...

Back fo transfers ... How about this chant to WU Tang Clans C.R.E.A.M or as Meth said

Cash Ruins Enemies and Marauders ... 

I've read this about 6 times now and genuinely .... I mean..... is this English??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Yes, if we look at his stats it's clear he's taken on a new role of late. 

Goals per 90

2017-18: 0.54
2018-19: 0.28
2019-20: 0.19

Assists per 90

2017-18: 0.13
2018-19: 0.21
2019-20: 0.34

A new role as a bang average footballer?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I have been lurking on here mate just not posting very often over last few months as been giving my fingers a rest.

It's always good to know what you're thinking though mate. I often read your posts and see similar thoughts to my own. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Not sure if it’s Ben mentioned, but John Swift played for Dean Smith on loan at Brentford for a very successful season. 

Now, that makes me f**king mad. We are either looking at batshit crazy lazy journalism or, our manager wants a team full of Brentford players... 

Rico Henry

Ezra Konsa

John Swift

Said Benrahma

Diego Jota

Olly Watkins

It is seriously taking the piss if true that we ars after who the reports say we're after. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Everton agree 25m fee for Allan from Napoli, also they are apparently in talks with Real Madrid about James Rodriquez.

I just don’t see Everton ever learning. When did James Rodriguez last have a good season ? What kind of wages must he be looking for ? 

As much as I think they are more attractive than us right now (because of Ancelotti), I’m glad we are not going down this route.

43 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Not sure if it’s Ben mentioned, but John Swift played for Dean Smith on loan at Brentford for a very successful season. 

We finished 9 th and he was just ok seen him for Reading last season never looks PL standard 

7 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Now, that makes me f**king mad. We are either looking at batshit crazy lazy journalism or, our manager wants a team full of Brentford players... 

Rico Henry

Ezra Konsa

John Swift

Said Benrahma

Diego Jota

Olly Watkins

It is seriously taking the piss if true that we ars after who the reports say we're after. 

Just easy links to make for obvious reasons.