Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Of course they are. Much more established in the premier league than we are right now, the manager is internationally known with a high profile, they sign players for big money and pay a lot more in wages. We don't have anything on them right now in that respect.

They were not too far away from the bottom themselves earlier last season, but it is a case of whether they are currently "much" more desirable, rather than just "more desirable" isn't it? There is no question that they are more desirable than us at the moment and they seem to have the higher profile targets. It is just difficult for some of us (including myself) to grudgingly accept it. :cheers:

43 minutes ago, John said:

Are they? They have the pull of a well known manager and will probably offer higher wages, but other than that, I don't see that they are that "much" more desirable, they do play in Liverpool after all!. ;)

You may be on to something, could it be a cunning way of getting Brentford promoted? If so, you would hope they would be a little more generous, with the fees that they ask for from us....:)

Good point, John. Maybe Deano was promised a huge bonus by the Chairman at Brentford if he got them promoted and he is trying a unique way of trying to claim it. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jonjon said:

All untrue, Does anyone really think Villa quote all these figures?, They are all untrue talk by journalist who haven't got a clue and live in a fantasy world of recirculating made up stories,  take no notice of any of this press click bait crap, because that's all it is, and they are making money out of it for every click, be patient and just wait till Villa announce it officially, then we can all get nearer reality.

Do you think Rico Henry will leave this window? Do you think he’d make the step up to the Premier League? 

16 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

They're dead right to try it and we should be looking to do the exact same.

We are looking to do the exact same, this means negotiations are taking a little time amid cries of "just pay the asking price and get them in what are they playing at??!!11!" 

6 minutes ago, jonjon said:

All untrue, Does anyone really think Villa quote all these figures?, They are all untrue talk by journalist who haven't got a clue and live in a fantasy world of recirculating made up stories,  take no notice of any of this press click bait crap, because that's all it is, and they are making money out of it for every click, be patient and just wait till Villa announce it officially, then we can all get nearer reality.

I think the whole point of this thread is transfer speculation though lol. We’d be on 5-10 pages.....not 700...if we waited for official announcements.

Anyway, are you happy with Toney (for Watkins) and do you think of Robin Hack (for Benrahma).

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Do you think Rico Henry will leave this window? Do you think he’d make the step up to the Premier League? 

He can make the step up without a problem, I know we will be losing players, but out of all our players he's the one I want to leave least, to me he was our best player last season, so  I just hope he doesn't leave.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jonjon said:

He can make the step up without a problem, I know we will be losing players, but out of all our players he's the one I want to leave least, to me he was our best player last season, so  I just hope he doesn't leave.

And he is the one I’d like us to sign the most.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, rayk said:

I think the whole point of this thread is transfer speculation though lol. We’d be on zero pages.....not 700...if we waited for official announcements.

Anyway, are you happy with Toney (for Watkins) and do you think of Robin Hack (for Benrahma).

Fxd

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Once again a press rumour has immediately become fact. Get a grip man. 

Im responding to speculation in a speculation thread.  At no point have i said anything is true, so 0lease refrain from putting words in my mouth.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

I think the whole point of this thread is transfer speculation though lol. We’d be on 5-10 pages.....not 700...if we waited for official announcements.

Never seen either of them live, so I am in no position to judge, and it's pointless looking at YouTube clips because they only show the good side of players, I only ever like to give a view on players if I have seen them live a few times, I trust our recruitment method and team, and I am always happy with who they bring in, it's a tried and trusted method that seems to work, judging by the amount of profit we make on players each window. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Never seen either of them live, so I am in no position to judge, and it's pointless looking at YouTube clips because they only show the good side of players, I only ever like to give a view on players if I have seen them live a few times, I trust our recruitment method and team, and I am always happy with who they bring in, it's a tried and trusted method that seems to work, judging by the amount of profit we make on players each window. 

OMG, so you don’t speculate on transfers before official announcements AND you don’t want YT clips either???

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Totally agree on this. I rate him higher than Cash as a FB (obviously different flanks).

16 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Any idea as to how much Henry is valued at by Brentford?

I can see us moving for him should Targett move to Leicester.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Any idea as to how much Henry is valued at by Brentford?

I can see us moving for him should Targett move to Leicester.

If Henry is available, Smith will be interested provided there is budget there. 

I don’t know if he’s better than Targett but I’d prefer to have some pace in defence. 

• Like 1