Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Olsen played for Copenhagen in 15/16 so could just be a little bit of lazy journalism with Lange joining this week? Or perhaps there is something to it

So you’re saying it’s 50/50 then ? :D

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

There was a Scandinavian attacking midfielder who was really highly rated a few years back who signed for Real Madrid. His name began with an O. What's he up to these days? And Is he good? 

Martin Odegaard. He's just had a fantastic season on loan at Real Sociedad. Way out of our league sadly

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

It was a "B" team match....equivalent to our over 40s sunday league lol...my gran could score 10 there..nothing to see..except RHMs porche parked at the side of the pitch😂

Your gran used to scoring more than 10 at a time? ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Martin Odegaard. He's just had a fantastic season on loan at Real Sociedad. Way out of our league sadly

He also has a crocked knee. I worry that might actually be the end of him in a few years 

• Like 1

I think that some people are way over-estimating the amount we will spend and the amount of first-team players that will come in.   

And then will be disappointed come October and will think it’s not good enough.

Just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think that some people are way over-estimating the amount we will spend and the amount of first-team players that will come in.   

And then will be disappointed come October and will think it’s not good enough.

Just my opinion of course.

If our owners are ambitious like they say they are, then spending money is something we simply have to do. I'd be very surprised if we didn't spend the same amount as last season in all honesty. 

• Like 3

I reckon we don't have a budget. It will essentially be NSWE allowing us to spend what we need again. I think the recruitment team will look to spend about £100-120m on 4/5 first team players and then there will be extra for any backup/young prospect players.

I reckon we need:

1 top class striker - Dream signing: Abraham (40m)

1 LW - Dream signing: Benrahma (30m)

1 RW - Dream signing: Sarr (30m)

1 player to play where Hourihane has been playing in the midfield lately - Dream signing: Buendia or Eze (25m)

1 experienced CB - this one can be cheap/free.

That's at least another 125m spent again. We might be able to save money on the striker and get a backup fullback too. 

If we're in relegation trouble with this team next season we might as well pack it up and be a Championship club for the rest of time.

Abraham

Benrahma                           Sarr

Grealish        McGinn

Luiz

Targett   Mings   Konsa/New CB    Guilbert

Heaton

Subs: Steer, Elmo, Konsa/New CB, Buendia, Wesley, El Ghazi, Nakamba, Hourihane, Taylor/new FB

• Like 4

I think we'll spend at least what we did last season albeit on less players 

I also think many of you are underestimating how attractive a proposition we might be. OK the top echelon of players are out of our reach but we can offer plenty to the next leve.

For instance, any kind of class striker will lick their lips at the amount of chances we create. That's before we've even upgraded our midfield and wings. I think there might be a surprise over the calibre of a couple of players we bring in.

We're heading the right way. Our dander is up.

• Like 2