Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

If our striker links are Iheanacho & Origi, I think we would be in massive trouble. 

We've just stayed up with samatta and Davis, two strikers who can't score goals if they are replaced with  Iheanacho and origi who do score then I can't see any issues. I doubt we could afford both of them though tbf 

Edited by holteend1982

5 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

If we're looking for a CB, we could do a lot worse than Marash Kumbulla from Verona. Young, promising, and ready.

His face looks like a certain Januzaj..... I guess the question is can we loan him?🤔

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Rolta said:

You've mentioned three signings out of how many? And one of them doesn't even exist.

If you can't see your lack of logic or how that is very selective and fails to make an honest point, that's on you.

Do you think Luiz and Nakamba were his signings then? Or McGinn, or Lansbury? Or Grealish? Yeah, I think that those three, if the last one is signed, is signings Dean makes. That's not a good track record for midfielders. If you can't see that logic, I can understand that you want to argue.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

We've just stayed up with samatta and Davis, two strikers who can't score goals if they are replaced with  Iheanacho and origi who do score then I can't see any issues. I doubt we could afford both of them though tbf 

But they don't really score that often either. Ineanacho has 6 PL goals over the last 2 years and Origi has 7. 

And yeah that's my last point. I just think there is much better value out there for money than those two. 

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Who are you expecting?

I'm not sure exactly who I am expecting, but I would hope that we would be looking at someone who has proven they can score goals. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, maqroll said:

PremTalk is saying we are interested in Al-Haj striker Fabian Karinksy.

I can’t figure out who this is, do you have a link mate? 

Aaron Hickey: Bayern Munich, Bologna & Aston Villa chasing Hearts teenager

Hearts left-back Aaron Hickey is attracting interest from clubs across Europe, including Bayern Munich, Aston Villa and Bologna.

The 18-year-old is in the final year of his contract at Tynecastle, with Hearts valuing him at £1.5m.

Serie A side Bologna would meet the asking price, and Hickey is impressed by what the Italian club have to offer.

The Scotland under-17 international is also keen to find out more from Bayern and what they have to offer.

Championship club Sheffield Wednesday are also interested in signing Hickey, while Celtic have been asked to be kept informed of bids from elsewhere.

Hearts were relegated from the Scottish Premiership last season, and begin their Championship campaign in October.

Whilst it comes across as our name has simply been thrown in, is this enough to justify a separate thread as it’s BBC direct?

21 minutes ago, momo said:

Do you think Luiz and Nakamba were his signings then? Or McGinn, or Lansbury? Or Grealish? Yeah, I think that those three, if the last one is signed, is signings Dean makes. That's not a good track record for midfielders. If you can't see that logic, I can understand that you want to argue.

You made it sound as if those three (in reality there are two) are the only signings he's ever made for us (or any other club), in any position. If you wanted to make a point about his signing midfielders for us, you need to say that. But if you want to go further, Carroll and Drinkwater (both bad signings, I agree) were January signings. Carroll couldn't have been a more last-minute signing. Drinkwater was shit though, so no comment. But, yes, a January signing for a club right at the bottom of the league. If you were trying to make a non-misleading point, all that context is probably useful. You and I also don't know anything about who made any of the signings last summer, or how involved Smith was, yet you're over-confident about who signed who. Truth is you don't know.

But you're right, I'm definitely sure he didn't sign McGinn, Lansbury and Grealish.

He brought in other players too though—Mings/Konsa you'd think (although neither of us know that for sure either) who have been successful. Am I missing something but is there an exceptional skill for signing midfielders over defenders? I imagine if you want to be cynical you'll say yes to that.

James McCarthy was good before a broken leg and some hamstring injuries. For five million, if it's true, which it probably isn't, he could be a useful player to have around the squad if he's over them.

But it's probably bollocks anyway. How many signings do we actually make from reports like that one? Usually they come from nowhere.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who would you recommend then? I think we would struggle to attract better than either of them

Some of the names off the top of my head: Jonathan David, Weghorst, Berardi (though he does play out wide as well), Volland, Ings (thou I think he's unrealistic), Edouard, Chalov, Dembele (again might be a tad unrealistic), and Watkins (even though only really "proven" at Championship level). 

• Like 1

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

Some of the names off the top of my head: Jonathan David, Weghorst, Berardi (though he does play out wide as well), Volland, Ings (thou I think he's unrealistic), Edouard, Chalov, Dembele (again might be a tad unrealistic), and Watkins (even though only really "proven" at Championship level). 

I approve of this list. Forgot about Chalov.

10 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

But they don't really score that often either. Ineanacho has 6 PL goals over the last 2 years and Origi has 7. 

And yeah that's my last point. I just think there is much better value out there for money than those two. 

I'm not sure exactly who I am expecting, but I would hope that we would be looking at someone who has proven they can score goals. 

Well they are sub bench strikers and Inanacho has been discussed some pages back as having a good goal contribution rate when you look at his minutes played.

51 minutes ago, momo said:

With respect, you didn't provide any context for the names you offered. So, you failed to mention that at the time we were looking, we were desperate in certain positions, we had a tiny budget thanks to fair play and we were near the bottom of the league, so Smith was hardly going to sign Messi, now was he?

I would say it is also questionable as to how many players of any kind he got to choose himself last season, with the three you cited probably being as far from his preference as you could possibly imagine, but then I am only guessing at that, just like you are!

Edited by Lerner's Driver