Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Damn. Ah well. 

I know nothing about Odegaard, but he reminds me of where the hobbits get taken to in Lord of the Rings.

• Like 1

How about Aleksander Isak, or has that ship sailed already? Not any experience in the English league and maybe too inexperienced for us to gamble on as our main striker. He is at Real Sociedad, and although Dortmund has a buy back clause of 30 million euro (or something like that), but he apparently do not want to go back there. 

sne or some of our other Swedish fans would know more about him and his situation I guess. 

• Like 2

I don't think we'd buy Edwards as a first choice, we'll want someone more proven, and whether we need him as a back up option might depend on whether El Ghazi and Trezeguet stay or not. Sawiris is supposedly buying a stake in his current club Vitoria so he might be someone we can get further down the line.

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I think we'll spend at least what we did last season albeit on less players 

I also think many of you are underestimating how attractive a proposition we might be. OK the top echelon of players are out of our reach but we can offer plenty to the next leve.

For instance, any kind of class striker will lick their lips at the amount of chances we create. That's before we've even upgraded our midfield and wings. I think there might be a surprise over the calibre of a couple of players we bring in.

We're heading the right way. Our dander is up.

Exactly this. The owners have repeatedly said they want to get us competing in the top tier of European football, they’ll know full well what that implies financially.

It’ll be exciting to see how the extent of their ambition translates into new players this summer.

• Like 1

Thinking this through I think £100 million will be more than enough to get 3 quality players in, and then a few squad players to build the depth.

Goalkeeper

Heaton and one new or Steer.

Rumours are that we have offered a contract to Reina. This would allow us 2-3 years to find a keeper to take over the reins from the two of them.

Sell Steer, Nyland and Kalinic.

Full Back

Guilbert, Elmo, Target and Taylor

LB and RB are currently more than adequate, I would expect both positions to be upgraded next Summer with Elmo and Taylor departing. We currently have more pressing issues.

Centre Back

Mings, Konsa, Hause and one new.

At centre back I would look to bring in a PL experienced CB if possible. I've mentioned Stones before, but if we could spend very little and get someone in (a bit like the Cahill deal for Palace last season it would help massively next season).

Sell Bree and Engels. Release Chester.

Central Midfield

Luiz, Nakamba, McGinn, Hourihane and one or two new

A perfectly adequate midfield but it could do with some experience and possibly some creativity. McCarthy is currently being touted, he would cover the experience, and a player in Eze's mould would give us some creativity in the middle of the park in some games. 

Sell Lansbury

Wings

Grealish, El Ghazi, Trezequet and two more

The key area to strengthen. We need at least one quality winger brought in, potentially two allowing us to move Jack about. If Grealish leaves then we absolutely need two. Benrahma would be my first choice along with Sarr. This is where we need to be pumping £20-30 million per winger. Trezeguet and El Ghazi are two players I would hold onto for depth, and then look to move on next Summer if they have not improved.

Sell Jota and Green

Striker

Samatta, Wesley and one more

Again a key area to strengthen. With Wesley missing the start of the season we need a quality striker who know's where the net is. Iheanacho would be good enough for me, but I'm hoping we pull a big name out from left field. Samatta is worth keeping around to see if he improves in his first full season.

Sell Hogan

Loan Davis and Vassilev

Overall I've gone with 7 new signings, 3 being must haves and the remainder being cheap squad fillers if we can. However if we can add to the £100 million with a few sales we could improve both the starting 11 and the squads depth ahead of the season.

One striker - big money

Two wingers - both big money

Central midfielder - one cheap but experienced, potentially another big money.

Centre back - cheap but experienced

Goalkeeper - Reina for free or keep Steer

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I reckon we need:

1 top class striker - Dream signing: Abraham (40m)

1 LW - Dream signing: Benrahma (30m)

1 RW - Dream signing: Sarr (30m)

1 player to play where Hourihane has been playing in the midfield lately - Dream signing: Buendia or Eze (25m)

1 experienced CB - this one can be cheap/free.

That's at least another 125m spent again. We might be able to save money on the striker and get a backup fullback too. 

If we're in relegation trouble with this team next season we might as well pack it up and be a Championship club for the rest of time.

Abraham

Benrahma                           Sarr

Grealish        McGinn

Luiz

Targett   Mings   Konsa/New CB    Guilbert

Heaton

Subs: Steer, Elmo, Konsa/New CB, Buendia, Wesley, El Ghazi, Nakamba, Hourihane, Taylor/new FB

Partially agree and would love to see this ambition from the board; but two things from me: 

Firstly, there is just no way Abraham is leaving Chelsea in my opinion unless it's to a CL team. 

Secondly, Grealish plays left in the front three in your team and Buendia starts instead of Benrahma, hes twice the player Benrahma is...

But god if anything close to the above happened it would be dreamland mate :D

• Like 1

I want to see Grealish at the back of a diamond with LW, ST and RW around him and say Luiz and McGinn behind him. I think he can dictate more there.

Lavish cash on that front 3 and watch the goals fly in.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Interesting. Due to his attitude/personality or ability? 

I’d also say no. He’s proven that he can’t do it in the Prem. We need to aim higher than that if at all possible. 

I reckon there is a reason as to why Miteovic hasn’t had that big move already. He’s been around for quite a while... 

no idea what it is though, can only assume it is indeed attitude/behaviour related. 

12 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Secondly, Grealish plays left in the front three in your team and Buendia starts instead of Benrahma, hes twice the player Benrahma is...

I've never really watched him play but is he REALLY this good?

I might have to head to Youtube, I see he has been mentioned loads but he must be some players to be "twice the player Benrahma is".

28 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Thinking this through I think £100 million will be more than enough to get 3 quality players in, and then a few squad players to build the depth.

Goalkeeper

Heaton and one new or Steer.

Rumours are that we have offered a contract to Reina. This would allow us 2-3 years to find a keeper to take over the reins from the two of them.

Sell Steer, Nyland and Kalinic.

Full Back

Guilbert, Elmo, Target and Taylor

LB and RB are currently more than adequate, I would expect both positions to be upgraded next Summer with Elmo and Taylor departing. We currently have more pressing issues.

Centre Back

Mings, Konsa, Hause and one new.

At centre back I would look to bring in a PL experienced CB if possible. I've mentioned Stones before, but if we could spend very little and get someone in (a bit like the Cahill deal for Palace last season it would help massively next season).

Sell Bree and Engels. Release Chester.

Central Midfield

Luiz, Nakamba, McGinn, Hourihane and one or two new

A perfectly adequate midfield but it could do with some experience and possibly some creativity. McCarthy is currently being touted, he would cover the experience, and a player in Eze's mould would give us some creativity in the middle of the park in some games. 

Sell Lansbury

Wings

Grealish, El Ghazi, Trezequet and two more

The key area to strengthen. We need at least one quality winger brought in, potentially two allowing us to move Jack about. If Grealish leaves then we absolutely need two. Benrahma would be my first choice along with Sarr. This is where we need to be pumping £20-30 million per winger. Trezeguet and El Ghazi are two players I would hold onto for depth, and then look to move on next Summer if they have not improved.

Sell Jota and Green

Striker

Samatta, Wesley and one more

Again a key area to strengthen. With Wesley missing the start of the season we need a quality striker who know's where the net is. Iheanacho would be good enough for me, but I'm hoping we pull a big name out from left field. Samatta is worth keeping around to see if he improves in his first full season.

Sell Hogan

Loan Davis and Vassilev

Overall I've gone with 7 new signings, 3 being must haves and the remainder being cheap squad fillers if we can. However if we can add to the £100 million with a few sales we could improve both the starting 11 and the squads depth ahead of the season.

One striker - big money

Two wingers - both big money

Central midfielder - one cheap but experienced, potentially another big money.

Centre back - cheap but experienced

Goalkeeper - Reina for free or keep Steer

That’s about where I am, although if we keep Grealish I think one winger is ok not two. Depending on who we bring in in CM. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I might have to head to Youtube, I see he has been mentioned loads but he must be some players to be "twice the player Benrahma is".

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The Norwich lot rate him hugely, read their comments on him on their forums. 

Although he's had a great season in the Championship I just can't get my head around Benrahma being as good as people on here make out. I also think he'd be found out for pace in the PL and is a little tricky without a huge amount of end product. Buendia looked head and shoulders the best player and had some great games in a very very poor Norwich team.

Just my opinion though, I know a lot of people hugely rate Benrahma on here and its not to say he isn't a good player.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Anyone like to have any info on how much we’ll spend and on how many players? 

:trollface:

My sauce tells me DS is looking at 4 incomings with a budget of £100 M. 

• Like 1