Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Holy crap what a fun little player buendia is. Can't say I'd paid him much attention but would be happy to watch that fella every week for villa.

On targett it's crazy how many times he got too close to the centre back, got stuck under the ball and lost the runner in behind him. I like him going forward but can be so poor positionally 

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Aaron Hickey started following Aston Villa, Grealish and McGinn on instagram, if anything can be read into that.

Interesting. Looks a great talent. We'd have hearts over a barrel there. Relegated and no income since March. Business is business. 

14 minutes ago, useless said:

Aaron Hickey started following Aston Villa, Grealish and McGinn on instagram, if anything can be read into that.

Are you a private Dick??

23 minutes ago, useless said:

That's been one of most reliable indicators last few season

• Like 1

I should say according to people on twitter he's following them, I haven't looked myself, not sure you can without an instagram login which I don't have... This is the screenshot going around...

But hemight follow a lot of teams and players, so we'll see... Looks a good player though.

30 minutes ago, useless said:

Have to say I don’t know much about him but I’d love to see Taylor replacer in the squad by a bright young talent. Targett and Hickey sounds like (a) a 1980s cop show and (b) a good LB line up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Have to say I don’t know much about him but I’d love to see Taylor replacer in the squad by a bright young talent. Targett and Hickey sounds like (a) a 1980s cop show and (b) a good LB line up.

He's a fantastic talent. Still only 18. Bull strong already. Technically very tidy. The kind of signing that fits with Lange's purported transfer strategy. Good enough to come straight into a match day squad. Sign low ? Yes. Can't see how a side who've been relegated, has serious cash flow problems and not had a live gate since March could play hardball with anyone when it comes to hickey. Villa could put real cash on hearts's door immediately, which they need, not incremental payments. For us ? Lots of potential, rated very highly and his market value could rise. Zero downside to buying hickey.

• Like 4

Just now, Okonokos said:

Yeah I've checked too and he's following all 3. He's also following Mason Greenwood, Gareth Bale and Bologna so not sure what to read into it.

Bologna are in for him too ive read so that makes sense. He visited their training ground last week. Apart from the lifestyle, can't see why anyone would choose bologna over villa. Then you've got the language etc. Silly move if he did that.

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

He's a fantastic talent. Still only 18. Bull strong already. Technically very tidy. The kind of signing that fits with Lange's purported transfer strategy. Good enough to come straight into a match day squad. Sign low ? Yes. Can't see how a side who've been relegated, has serious cash flow problems and not had a live gate since March could play hardball with anyone when it comes to hickey. Villa could put real cash on hearts's door immediately, which they need, not incremental payments. For us ? Lots of potential, rated very highly and his market value could rise. Zero downside to buying hickey.

Speaking from the perspective of a Hearts and Villa supporter, Hearts' position is not quite as precarious as you make it out to be. Supporters pump a decent amount of money into the club each month and the club also has several wealthy benefactors who are quite generous in their contributions. That said, the prevailing feeling is that Hickey will be sold this summer. Rumor is he has already been over to Italy (too see Bologna?) and will be going over to Munich shortly. If the opportunity to go to Bayern is on the table, he would be mad to pass it up. I'd love him at Villa though and with only a year left to run on his contract, he is gettable for likely around the 1/1.5m mark, which is a pittance. By no means do I believe he is ready to be in our matchday squad quite yet though. Best case scenario is to buy him, then loan him back and let him start this coming season for additional experience. Definitely a talented player and still incredibly young, but he needs to be getting regular gametime in order to progress as this past season there was a bit of inconsistency in his play which one would expect from a player of his age. He'll always be a legend for this goal:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Bologna are in for him too ive read so that makes sense. He visited their training ground last week. Apart from the lifestyle, can't see why anyone would choose bologna over villa. Then you've got the language etc. Silly move if he did that.

He's also visiting Bayern Munich this week apparently as they have shown an interest and invited him over. Will be interesting to see how this one pans out, just the type of player we should be looking at to improve the squad and develop them for the first team.

• Like 1