sne

39 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Just why though? We have SO MANY keepers

If you look at our current keeper situation we have 

1 HEATON

2 NYLAND

3 KALINIC

STEER

Toms injury was bad and he is not expected back until sometime in october at the earliest according to some reports

Nyland Has fallen out of favour and is expected to be moved on

Kalinic has been offered to a few clubs, odds are he will be sold this summer

Steer signed a new contract in june 2019..but was 3rd choice keeper behind reina and nyland..it  leaves us short in the keeper department

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Theres a young striker in the Cyprus League that just scored 7 goals in a 9-0 win on his debut. Worth a punt?

Apparently he's English and only 21 years old, goes by the name of Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

HAHA he's going to smash some records over there, cant understand why he went there.

I told you all he’s good but no-one believed me, then again they all are SGC, they all are! :(

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I told you all he’s good but no-one believed me, then again they all are SGC, they all are! :(

It was a "B" team match....equivalent to our over 40s sunday league lol...my gran could score 10 there..nothing to see..except RHMs porche parked at the side of the pitch😂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

You made it sound as if those three (in reality there are two) are the only signings he's ever made for us (or any other club), in any position. If you wanted to make a point about his signing midfielders for us, you need to say that. But if you want to go further, Carroll and Drinkwater (both bad signings, I agree) were January signings. Carroll couldn't have been a more last-minute signing. Drinkwater was shit though, so no comment. But, yes, a January signing for a club right at the bottom of the league. If you were trying to make a non-misleading point, all that context is probably useful. You and I also don't know anything about who made any of the signings last summer, or how involved Smith was, yet you're over-confident about who signed who. Truth is you don't know.

But you're right, I'm definitely sure he didn't sign McGinn, Lansbury and Grealish.

He brought in other players too though—Mings/Konsa you'd think (although neither of us know that for sure either) who have been successful. Am I missing something but is there an exceptional skill for signing midfielders over defenders? I imagine if you want to be cynical you'll say yes to that.

James McCarthy was good before a broken leg and some hamstring injuries. For five million, if it's true, which it probably isn't, he could be a useful player to have around the squad if he's over them.

But it's probably bollocks anyway. How many signings do we actually make from reports like that one? Usually they come from nowhere.

Of all the bullshit that's on this page, you decided to pick a fight with me? If you knew how to read, I didn't say that McCarthy had signed. I compared him to two previous players, signed by DEAN playing the same position in midfield, from Premier League and British. And don't try to argue one is more attacking than the next. They are all central midfielders. If McCarthy is the next one to come in, it is the third DEAN signing in MIDFIELD that has had injury problems and loss of form before DEAN decides to give them a chance. Last minute or not, there is a pattern, and I am withing my VillaTalk rights to express my concerns.

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

With respect, you didn't provide any context for the names you offered. So, you failed to mention that at the time we were looking, we were desperate in certain positions, we had a tiny budget thanks to fair play and we were near the bottom of the league, so Smith was hardly going to sign Messi, now was he?

I would say it is also questionable as to how many players of any kind he got to choose himself last season, with the three you cited probably being as far from his preference as you could possibly imagine, but then I am only guessing at that, just like you are!

I apologize if the form I used was hard to understand. I provided three players. Two were signed "last minute on loan" and failed, and the last one is apparently on the way, according to rumors. They are comparable signings in that they are from Britain, playing in the PL and have injury concerns. Make of it what you want.

1 minute ago, momo said:

Of all the bullshit that's on this page, you decided to pick a fight with me? If you knew how to read, I didn't say that McCarthy had signed. I compared him to two previous players, signed by DEAN playing the same position in midfield, from Premier League and British. And don't try to argue one is more attacking than the next. They are all central midfielders. If McCarthy is the next one to come in, it is the third DEAN signing in MIDFIELD that has had injury problems and loss of form before DEAN decides to give them a chance. Last minute or not, there is a pattern, and I am withing my VillaTalk rights to express my concerns.

Now you've put all the words in your point comes across.

Double raid on chelsea for me

Ampadu 7.5 to 10 million

tammy 25 to 35 million

Add in sarr for 30 to 35 million

Then thats pressure off as ampadu can play cb or dm, is still 19 or 20.

then just need a further midfield starter  and a couple up and coming players.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

If you look at our current keeper situation we have 

1 HEATON

2 NYLAND

3 KALINIC

STEER

Toms injury was bad and he is not expected back until sometime in october at the earliest according to some reports

Nyland Has fallen out of favour and is expected to be moved on

Kalinic has been offered to a few clubs, odds are he will be sold this summer

Steer signed a new contract in june 2019..but was 3rd choice keeper behind reina and nyland..it  leaves us short in the keeper department

Not seen anything on this. Good if journos asked about Heaton and Wesley

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

From Instagram...Karlan Grant appears to be holidaying with Ezri Konsa. That could mean ...something or nothing.

Probably mates from their Charlton days but I quite like Grant, he seems to be able to get accuracy and power from not much backlift and still young.