Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Theres a young striker in the Cyprus League that just scored 7 goals in a 9-0 win on his debut. Worth a punt?

Apparently he's English and only 21 years old, goes by the name of Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

HAHA he's going to smash some records over there, cant understand why he went there.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

But they don't really score that often either. Ineanacho has 6 PL goals over the last 2 years and Origi has 7. 

And yeah that's my last point. I just think there is much better value out there for money than those two. 

I'm not sure exactly who I am expecting, but I would hope that we would be looking at someone who has proven they can score goals. 

Exactly. Iheanacho and Origi hardly screams ambition to me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

twitterings on the twattersphere saying were about to sign olsen from roma for 5m just as cover until heaton is back and recovered..has johann lange all over it for me

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/robin-olsen/profil/spieler/75458

I can’t believe we are going to spend £5m  on yet another keeper. How many have we bought over the past few years? We need to either stop messing around and buy a top keeper or go with what we have until Tom is fit. Is this guy really going to be much better than Nyland?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

twitterings on the twattersphere saying were about to sign olsen from roma for 5m just as cover until heaton is back and recovered..has johann lange all over it for me

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/robin-olsen/profil/spieler/75458

He'll bring some physicality that's for sure https://wittyfutty.com/2019/11/video-robin-olsen-and-lapadula-red-cards-for-punching-each-other/

Robin Olsen and Lapadula get red cards for PUNCHING each other during a crazy Serie A match between Lecce and Cagliari!

Robin Olsen and Lapadula red cards for PUNCHING each other!

Lecce and Cagliari played out a crazy match in Serie A. It ended with a 2-2 score as neither team could have won the match.

Lecce scored a late equalizer as two players from Cagliari saw red cards and one from Lecce.

Cacciatore got a deserved red card for an obvious handball save. There were two more red cards that followed because of this handball save.

Lapadula took that penalty, which was a result of that obvious handball save, and scored a goal.

He wanted to grab the ball immediately, but Cagliari's keeper, Robin Olson, prevented that. Both Olson and Lapadula got themselves in a scuffle that ended in both of them punching each other.

Frankly, it looked more that Olson punched Lapadula and then took a dive, but both went on the ground and eventually got red cards.

Edited by VillaHatesMe

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

You think in a season Naby Keita would rather play 40ish games for Villa than 30ish games for Liverpool? Why do you think he would make that decision?

Because he starts very, very few games for Liverpool. Thats why i think he’d make that decision. 🙂

Olsen played for Copenhagen in 15/16 so could just be a little bit of lazy journalism with Lange joining this week? Or perhaps there is something to it, but we really need to ditch Nyland and Kalinic if we are getting another GK in.

4 hours ago, vazquez said:

I would keep away from Buendia, poor man's Bannan. Light-weight and defensively abysmal. We don't have Pukki to make the clever runs for him.

You might have seen more of Buendía than me, but every time (not that many tbf) I have seen him play I have been impressed with his work rate and his tracking back.

I wonder if we might go for Batshuayi as we were reportedly interested earlier transfer windows. Also would expect us to go for Rico Henry if Brentford fails to get promoted.

9 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Because he starts very, very few games for Liverpool. Thats why i think he’d make that decision. 🙂

Ah fair play I actually hadn’t realised how many of his 60 games for them has been as a sub. 

40 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Theres a young striker in the Cyprus League that just scored 7 goals in a 9-0 win on his debut. Worth a punt?

Apparently he's English and only 21 years old, goes by the name of Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

HAHA he's going to smash some records over there, cant understand why he went there.

Probably a smart move. He just needs to keep scoring and a you just know a team will offer him good money else where. 

Regarding Origi, to be fair to him he’s often been a sub and not a regular starter in the PL. 

He’s scored a goal every 168 minutes, on average, so just a bit less that once every two games in the PL... I don’t think that’s too bad is it? If he kept that up and scored around 12-15 goals a season, I would be very happy. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Regarding Origi, to be fair to him he’s often been a sub and not a regular starter in the PL. 

He’s scored a goal every 168 minutes, on average, so just a bit less that once every two games in the PL... I don’t think that’s too bad is it? If he kept that up and scored around 12-15 goals a season, I would be very happy. 

Over a 38 game season I’d make it 21 goals. I’d have some of that! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

From Instagram...Karlan Grant appears to be holidaying with Ezri Konsa. That could mean ...something or nothing.

Grealish is holidaying with Alli and Maddison......on their way to Villa....woohoo!

• Like 2