Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Dunno if it’s been posted but according to the mirror Dean’s been given £100 million to spend 

My favourite newspaper story of the day. So someone in the know at Villa, which presumably means Christian, Dean, Wes or Nas has phoned up the Mirror, well known for its journalistic integrity and informed them of exactly how much money we have to spend..........ps......Please don’t share the information with anybody else as it might just prejudice our position in any future negotiations..............Thanks.......Love you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, sne said:

We need players who will help us keep possession higher up the pitch for longer periods and who will able to win back the ball higher up the pitch.

We need more pace and better mobility. We defended too deep for most of the season and a lot of that was down to us not being able to maintain pressure or the ball in the opponents half. We lost the ball while half of the team where in transition and it made us too easy to break against. 1 or 2 passes and they were through on goal. Or we gave the ball back even before that happened. Looked better during the restart when the average tempo was much lower and we had more to play for than our opponents but we really need at least 1 much higher quality wide player, 2 if Grealish moves or goes back into central midfield (hope he doesn't) ideally a talent upgrade in attack and a different type of CM to what we have.

A more experienced CB and at least competition at the wide back positions. And then there is all the other areas where we might need cover. 

Exiting couple of weeks coming up. Hope we manage to get some "too good for us" level players in.

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I reckon we need:

1 top class striker - Dream signing: Abraham (40m)

1 LW - Dream signing: Benrahma (30m)

1 RW - Dream signing: Sarr (30m)

1 player to play where Hourihane has been playing in the midfield lately - Dream signing: Buendia or Eze (25m)

1 experienced CB - this one can be cheap/free.

That's at least another 125m spent again. We might be able to save money on the striker and get a backup fullback too. 

If we're in relegation trouble with this team next season we might as well pack it up and be a Championship club for the rest of time.

Abraham

Benrahma                           Sarr

Grealish        McGinn

Luiz

Targett   Mings   Konsa/New CB    Guilbert

Heaton

Subs: Steer, Elmo, Konsa/New CB, Buendia, Wesley, El Ghazi, Nakamba, Hourihane, Taylor/new FB

That is, in a nutshell, the perfect transfer window.

There's no way we will be signing all three of Sarr, Benrahma and Buendia, they're all wingers and you'd be looking at eighty million plus for them. If Grealish stays he will continue on the left-wing and we will be looking for better to play on the right wing, and then maybe a cheaper option as a squad option should one of El Ghazi or Trezeguet leave.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

Theres a young striker in the Cyprus League that just scored 7 goals in a 9-0 win on his debut. Worth a punt?

Apparently he's English and only 21 years old, goes by the name of Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

HAHA he's going to smash some records over there, cant understand why he went there.

Well it was a friendly against some Latvian teams B team

Davis probably hit 7 past them

Edited by Zatman

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've never really watched him play but is he REALLY this good?

I might have to head to Youtube, I see he has been mentioned loads but he must be some players to be "twice the player Benrahma is".

A comparison of Buendia in the Championship two seasons ago and Benrahma there this year. 

Buendia:Benrahma.jpg

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I reckon we need:

1 top class striker - Dream signing: Abraham (40m)

1 LW - Dream signing: Benrahma (30m)

1 RW - Dream signing: Sarr (30m)

1 player to play where Hourihane has been playing in the midfield lately - Dream signing: Buendia or Eze (25m)

1 experienced CB - this one can be cheap/free.

That's at least another 125m spent again. We might be able to save money on the striker and get a backup fullback too. 

If we're in relegation trouble with this team next season we might as well pack it up and be a Championship club for the rest of time.

Abraham

Benrahma                           Sarr

Grealish        McGinn

Luiz

Targett   Mings   Konsa/New CB    Guilbert

Heaton

Subs: Steer, Elmo, Konsa/New CB, Buendia, Wesley, El Ghazi, Nakamba, Hourihane, Taylor/new FB

Now that looks like a team 

I would air on the side of caution when speaking about signing Benrahma or any Brentford player for that matter. They are not your run of the mill club in how they work. Place massive emphasis on data and analytics along with live scouting and then coach a player into their way based on data presented to the player on where to be, positions to take up etc. I'm not saying they are programmed because they are a very creative side but players that join them are kinda shoehorned into their way of playing. Woods looked class at Brentford. Woeful since. Hogan was prolific. They find it very hard to adapt when they leave the " Brentford way "

7 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Hudderfield turned down a £15 million bid for Grant in January so I couldn't see them parting with him for £10 now.

Yeah I can see them rejecting that tbh...

😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've never really watched him play but is he REALLY this good?

I might have to head to Youtube, I see he has been mentioned loads but he must be some players to be "twice the player Benrahma is".

Buendia has the 4th most chances created in the prem this season, behind De Bruyne, Alexander-Arnold and Grealish.

4th......playing for Norwich, I want buendia on one wing, and grealish on the other please, pretty please.