Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

49 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Seen a few Schalke games in the last year with him being the absolute standout player and as you say would definitely suit the Prem. Personally would be going all out for him as he fits the profile with his combative nature and age...

sounds just the job.

Chelsea being linked with Aubameyang now?!

They have plenty of forwards, must be looking to offload some.

Tammy may consider us, Batshuayi not getting a look in either.

I would prefer Belotti to anyone personally but don’t know how likely that would be.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

John Stones is a liability in a team that dominates the ball. In a team that may see less of the ball he would be frightening.

Konsa has way more potential as a centre half. Stones just "looks good on the ball for a centre half". The truth is he fannies about too much, makes terrible decisions and lacks strength. His hype will mean he will go somewhere for a fortune he does not warrant. Arsenal I reckon. To replace David Luiz as head clown.

I agree, too easily pushed around.

pace, skill and a proper physical presence is required in this window.

Sarr,  tammy, McKennie and that Everton chap look like they would inject pace, skill fight and goals.

That is 2 with Premier league experience which is what smith wants and 2 highly rated players.

May cost a fair bit mind.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I honestly think Wilson could offer good value this summer mate. Still only 28, has the power and pace required, and still wants to play for England.  Keep him fit and he’s a good Premier League striker. There won’t be many Premier League strikers, who are capable of scoring over 10 plus goals available for approx £10m. 

Talk of Tammy would be amazing, but he’d cost around £40-£50m or more.

I take your point, but for me 9 goals in 35 PL games is not quite good enough. You get what you pay for and for me, a striker is our primary need, so I would look to pay what's needed to bring the right one in.  

• Like 1

I’m on the fence with C. Wilson. Harry Wilson is no better than any of the 3 we have. He will end up a championship player in the long run. 

Talk of Tammy is ludicrous.   

Edited by deeps

25 minutes ago, John said:
  6 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I honestly think Wilson could offer good value this summer mate. Still only 28, has the power and pace required, and still wants to play for England.  Keep him fit and he’s a good Premier League striker. There won’t be many Premier League strikers, who are capable of scoring over 10 plus goals available for approx £10m. 

Talk of Tammy would be amazing, but he’d cost around £40-£50m or more.

No to Wilson for me, he scored 8 goals and for me is a side ways step at best.  Great that he is only 10m but for me I would only have him if we were still getting a top notch striker and not instead of a top notch striker.  We need to aim for better than him, we need somebody who scores goals or somebody at least is capable of scoring more than the goals Wilson scores.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, deeps said:

I’m on the fence with C. Wilson. Harry Wilson is no better than any of the 3 we have. He will end up a championship player in the long run. 

Why would it be ludicrous ? We have ambitious rich owners , Tammy knows the club and is popular here , he’s well down the pecking order at Chelsea and the euros are next season .

tammy is the sort of player we should be after ,  I rate callum Wilson too but there’s no way bournemouth would sell for £10m as quoted on here    Would be happy with either of those but I’d expect Tammy to be around £40m and callum to be similar to the fee we paid for mings .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Do they? Or are they just calling him crap? Which he is. 

Some do. Some just call him crap. Head over to the El Ghazi thread and cycle back to just after the Everton game. There will be a lot of "bottler", "powder puff" "soft" comments.

25 minutes ago, deeps said:

Why, he's slipped in the pecking order at Chelsea and he knows us well.  If we can sell him the project, then we have a chance if we are willing to pay the fee and wages.  If a big six club come in for him them I understand we probably wont get him but otherwise if Chelsea do let him go we have as good a chance as others.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No to Wilson for me, he scored 8 goals and for me is a side ways step at best.  Great that he is only 10m but for me I would only have him if we were still getting a top notch striker and not instead of a top notch striker.  We need to aim for better than him, we need somebody who scores goals or somebody at least is capable of scoring more than the goals Wilson scores.

WEST Ham, Tottenham and Newcastle are all interested in Cherries striker Callum Wilson, according to Sky Sports.

The media outlet claims Cherries are “expected to seek a fee in excess of £20million to sell” England frontman Wilson, who has scored 67 goals in 187 games for the Dorset outfit.

£20 m according to today’s reports , no way he’s going for £10m . Was an england striker last year . 

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I would take him for £10m tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

His confidence must be shot, wherever he goes next he’ll need an excellent man-manager in place to build him back up.

As is often said about goalkeepers at the elite clubs, the challenge is that you’ll have very little to do in most matches and it’s about keeping switched on and sharp for those brief moments you have to actually defend, because the moments are brief when you do balls up it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I don’t think he should come to us, he’d be under pressure here, he’d be better off somewhere like Palace or Southampton I think.

This is the exact reason I think he'd be a great signing. He's the kind of player that would fit in, he wouldn't have time to switch off, would suit a Smith-ball playing style and if Stones is ever going to reach his potential, he'll have an excellent chance alongside Mings, with Dean as manager and Terry coaching him. 

• Like 1

On the assumption that Chelsea sign more strikers and Tammy may fancy a move, we should definitely be putting our hat in the ring. Even if he costs £40-50m, would be well worth it imo. Good strikers are hard to come by. 

• Like 3

I think Chelsea would be open to Abraham leaving, I also think they’d be seeking a fee in the £50m range. I think chelsea have managed to inflate any potential fee, and if they could get most of the money back that they’ve laid out for Werner they’d snap your arm off and laugh all the way to the bank. Giroud ended up being the CF of choice, and he scored few at the end of the season too. I wouldn’t pay it. I think we should look elsewhere as a 1st option, Tammy would be around 3rd on my wish list of CFs, unless the fee was around £30m.