Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

38 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

from the Holt End Hawkeye guy on Twitter:

“Dean Smith will sit down in the next fortnight with chief executive Christian Purslow and Johan Lange, the club’s new sporting director, to discuss targets.

You left out the part where he gives his source, which was a part-time writer for the daily express & daily star, with no links to the club.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, skarroki said:

The Ajax side seems to be getting picked apart already this window and players like Ziyech went at reasonable value. I'd love to see us try for Neres or Promes for the wings or Martinez at DM but not sure if they'd give up European football. 

Tadic would be a top signing still. Sold too early by Southampton and can play all across front line

42 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

from the Holt End Hawkeye guy on Twitter:

“Dean Smith will sit down in the next fortnight with chief executive Christian Purslow and Johan Lange, the club’s new sporting director, to discuss targets.

Lol, if this is true of our approach to this window we have regressed massively and we are f*cked!

We will already know our targets, and will be well down the road with them.

Unless this refers to Purslow setting performance targets for Lange and Smith as individuals.

Just now, Zatman said:

Tadic would be a top signing still. Sold too early by Southampton and can play all across front line

Tadic was the first player I thought of but I know a lot of fans including myself are concerned about a decent tackler in midfield and pace up top and Tadic offers neither. He would be a fantastic short-term budget replacement for Grealish imo but I wouldn't want someone with his lack of pace in the middle or up front for us

Smith said we had a plan for the PL and a plan for the Championship, which makes sense. We know who we want and we'll have already been making enquiries and bids. Lange would have been involved for ages 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

If that's true then it's way too slow. I'd imagine we would've only gotten leftovers.

Usually I'll call bs but this haunts me a bit though, as this Holt End Hawkeye dude leaked the home kit (and possibly the away kit).

Dean already said that they already had a plan for both scenarios....this tweet is just to get some attention because that's what they do.  he may have got the kits right or copied somebody else but most of these twitter people just tweet obvious stuff and then say I told you so.  Does anybody really believe they are only just going to start talking about it now or in the next couple of weeks.....No.

I’d rather we get the transfer targets right rather than quickly. If we’re in the bottom 3 in April 21 it won’t be much consolation that we got our targets done in the first two weeks of the summer window.

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’d rather we get the transfer targets right rather than quickly. If we’re in the bottom 3 in April 21 it won’t be much consolation that we got our targets done in the first two weeks of the summer window.

Not only that, let's say we are in for Tammy as an example.  Are Chelsea going to let him go before the FA Cup today or before the Champions League game....what if they go further, even to the final on 23rd of August.  If there is anything in the Tammy thing then we wouldnt likely hear until after Chelsea are out of the Champions League, which could be the final.

Same with Mbappe, wont be announced by the Villa until after PSG are out (and recovered from his ankle sprain)

Just now, nick76 said:

Not only that, let's say we are in for Tammy as an example.  Are Chelsea going to let him go before the FA Cup today or before the Champions League game....what if they go further, even to the final on 23rd of August.  If there is anything in the Tammy thing then we wouldnt likely hear until after Chelsea are out of the Champions League, which could be the final.

Same with Mbappe, wont be announced by the Villa until after PSG are out (and recovered from his ankle sprain)

Exactly. But will he fit in to our style of play? 😂

16 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

So much this

• Like 1

If Tammy goes on to score the winner in the CL final he won't be coming to Villa....then again I realise this is very unlikely considering they are 3-0 down at the moment!

Makes me think we aren't looking at him at all, we need to get our business done sooner.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

when they're discussing these targets, they're not going to be the first time they've come up in conversation. Lange will have an ongoing awareness of players around europe as most ppeople with his role will have. He'll know what was suitable for copenhagen, and what would be suitable or possible for other clubs, such as a premier league one. The club will have had targets and discussions in mind either with Suso or Dean as well, our scouts will have been out assessing these players, or the data etc. The discussions, just as I imagine it, are going to be over priorities. What Dean needs most, who he'd like above all costs for position X, or relative values where the choice isn't so clear etc. It's not going to be "Hey guys, shall we go and find some players now?"

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I was never a fan to be honest, you see little glimpses but generally I just didnt see enough there for a regular spot in a first XI

He is still only 23 so room to get better. I know it a highlight reel but...

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He is still only 23 so room to get better. I know it a highlight reel but...

23 is quite old for a fringe player. Good highlights reel - but hope we don't pursue this one.