Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He is still only 23 so room to get better. I know it a highlight reel but...

He’s a passenger in most games. Need bigger, stronger, faster, better. Sarr please

• Like 3

10 hours ago, thabucks said:

Weston McKennie is another One I’d like us to be looking at as well as Linetty as he is an extremely talented CM and again an upgrade on our 1st team and heavily linked to the prem this summer. Obligatory YouTube video 

He could be the next Essien. The USA have some seriously good young talent we should be looking to exploit. Josh Sargent @ Bremen is another name to keep an eye on. 

McKennie is very good and would be well suited to the PL. Very energetic, combative and will run through brick walls for the team. Looked like the only player who cared for Schalke towards then end of the season. Sargent, I'm not sure about. Don't think he'll make it at top level.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He is still only 23 so room to get better. I know it a highlight reel but...

I bet if you did a Hourihane highlights reel it would look very similar to that.  For me we need a level higher for us to move into at least a mid table team.

• Like 2

Christ are we really turning our noses up at John Stones for 20 million?

Is he better than what we have now? Yes

Does he have potential to improve? Yes

Remember Man City bought him for £47.5 million in 2016, whilst we were fielding a centre back partnership of Elphick & Baker.

Stones would be a massive sign of intent at Aston Villa football club.

Combine it with shifting Engels for 5-10 million and its a bargain.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

McKennie is very good and would be well suited to the PL. Very energetic, combative and will run through brick walls for the team. Looked like the only player who cared for Schalke towards then end of the season. Sargent, I'm not sure about. Don't think he'll make it at top level.

Seen a few Schalke games in the last year with him being the absolute standout player and as you say would definitely suit the Prem. Personally would be going all out for him as he fits the profile with his combative nature and age...

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

I'm always surprised when I see suggestions we need a new LB before a new RB.

Targett is good and affects games—as we've seen, his chance creation stats are really good.

Then at RB we have not a lot. I like Elmo, but we need to be more ambitious in that position. Guilbert is OK, but he wasn't even making the squad recently, and there's a reason for that.. He looks good in bursts when we're playing well, but when we're not, he disappears into his shell big time. We need someone at RB who feels confident at this level and who feels they can influence the game at all times.

Sure, we'd likely want to replace Taylor, but having a decent first-choice RB is essential.

He wasn't fit until the Everton game. And elmo had been really impressive in the games before that so it makes sense guilbert didn't start as they wanted to ease him into it. 

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Seen a few Schalke games in the last year with him being the absolute standout player and as you say would definitely suit the Prem. Personally would be going all out for him as he fits the profile with his combative nature and age...

He's the driving force of their team, with Harit and Serdar adding some creativity. I'd happily take any of those three but we probably need McKennie most as he would add a bit of grit to our midfield and has bags of energy. Can be a nasty piece of work at times too, which we also need. Can also fill in at full back. Good player.

7 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Remember Man City bought him for £47.5 million in 2016, whilst we were fielding a centre back partnership of Elphick & Baker.

And yet, at the moment he is a liability as a defender. Man City would rather play a midfielder as CB than John Stones because every game he makes a boo boo. 

He could, potentially, become a good CB but at the moment we have far more pressing areas to spend our limited amount of money. 

15 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Is he better than what we have now? No

Does he have potential to improve? Not much

Fixed.

If Stones is so good, how come even during a CB crisis last season, Man City still didn't trust him? And even now when they are short by at least 1 CB, there's rumours he's not wanted. He a shocking defender. At 47 million, I'd argue that's the worst transfer of all time. Wouldn't go anywhere near him.

I know Huddersfield fans that barely rated Billing, never mind Bournemouth. Definitely need to be aiming higher than him if we want to actually kick on from being a relegation battling side. It's like when Michael Hector was being suggested because he had a good half against us in the 2-1 against Sheffield Wednesday. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

His confidence must be shot, wherever he goes next he’ll need an excellent man-manager in place to build him back up.

As is often said about goalkeepers at the elite clubs, the challenge is that you’ll have very little to do in most matches and it’s about keeping switched on and sharp for those brief moments you have to actually defend, because the moments are brief when you do balls up it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I don’t think he should come to us, he’d be under pressure here, he’d be better off somewhere like Palace or Southampton I think.

John Stones is a liability in a team that dominates the ball. In a team that may see less of the ball he would be frightening.

Konsa has way more potential as a centre half. Stones just "looks good on the ball for a centre half". The truth is he fannies about too much, makes terrible decisions and lacks strength. His hype will mean he will go somewhere for a fortune he does not warrant. Arsenal I reckon. To replace David Luiz as head clown.

Not that it means he will definitely be leaving of course, but I don't think Tammy's stock will ever be higher than it currently is at Chelsea. 

Football and commercial decisions can clash, but if he isn't going to be a starter it would make sense to sell him this summer. 

Lampard has bemoaned the finishing of his strikers a few times this season so I've a sneaky feeling that he doesn't see Tammy as being prolific enough for where he thinks Chelsea should be heading. And to be honest I'd agree with that. Tammy will have a very good PL career but I don't see it being at the very top clubs. 

I'd love him back at our place and I don't see it being completely unrealistic.