Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I can't believe I've come round to this, but I don't think Tammy is out of the question. Unlikely, but not impossible.

He's currently behind a guy who turns 34 in two months having started the season ahead of him. 

Chelsea have just signed a £50m striker who has been told he's playing down the middle.

They're being heavily, heavily linked with Kai Havertz who has played as a central striker since the restart as well. If he goes there, I can't see Tammy happy to be fourth choice starting striker.

Out wide they have Pulisic, Ziyech, Hudson-Odoi and they've been linked with Benrahma. I don't think Tammy will be a fan of only getting 25 apps in a season, and plenty of them out wide.

I think we could get him. And I would love it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Villa94 said:

this is bulls@hit if you ask me for a team that struggled so much last season we need to get ahead of the game we should have signed one or 2 of our targets in the next fortnight not sit around and talk about it 🙄

Pretty sure they are on it right now!

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

On the assumption that Chelsea sign more strikers and Tammy may fancy a move, we should definitely be putting our hat in the ring. Even if he costs £40-50m, would be well worth it imo. Good strikers are hard to come by. 

No way at £50m. Not much more than £30m for me.

• Like 2

All this transfer talk is interesting but let's not forget wages.   Doesnt Tammy want around 150,000 a week at Chelsea. Isnt Grealish on around 60000 a week. We have to be realistic and I dont think we will pay more than 60,000 a week. 

Forget the defence we are fine. Give me Benrahma, another striker, a winger and a central midfielder.

5 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

No way at £50m. Not much more than £30m for me.

Fair enough. 

I think Tammy would score around 15 goals a season for us. So my loose logic is the following...

A £10m striker will get you around 3 -5 goals a season (think Samatta)

A £25m striker will get you around 6-10 goals a season (think Wesley)

A £50m striker will get you around 15 goals a season, which is what I'd expect Tammy to get. 

I could be very wrong tho. 

• Like 1

I see Italian press are suggesting we’ve offered Reina a 2yr deal at €2m per year but he is on nearly double that at the moment. Apparently Milan are keen to rid themselves of his salary and happy to let him go, but Reina wants a pay off. No fee.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Christ are we really turning our noses up at John Stones for 20 million?

Is he better than what we have now? Yes

Does he have potential to improve? Yes

Remember Man City bought him for £47.5 million in 2016, whilst we were fielding a centre back partnership of Elphick & Baker.

Stones would be a massive sign of intent at Aston Villa football club.

Combine it with shifting Engels for 5-10 million and its a bargain.

It would be a great deal if he knew how to defend.......

Just listening to views on Buendia and he isnt rated as highly as I thought. I also thought he was a left sided player, hence the suggestion he could be a Grealish replacement. The consensus was that he has disappointed this season and his limitations exposed, and he is only 5’8”

Haven’t watched him closely this season but he was a star of Norwich’s promotion season (along with Pukki).

Any one seen enough of him for an opinion? Where would he fit in - competition fo the 3rd midfield berth with Hourihane? Winger competition? Starting 11 or squad player?

Edited by thunderball

Anyone watched Toulouse play last season when Kalinic was there? They seem to have a great academy with loads of interesting young players.

Maybe we can give em' Kalinic back if we find someone we like.

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Just listening to views on Buendia and he isnt rated as highly as I thought. I also thought he was a left sided player, hence the suggestion he could be a Grealish replacement. The consensus was that he has disappointed this season and his limitations exposed, and he is only 5’8”

Haven’t watched him closely this season but he was a star of Norwich’s promotion season (along with Pukki).

Any one seen enough of him for an opinion? Where would he fit in - competition fo the 3rd midfield berth with Hourihane? Winger competition? Starting 11 or squad player?

In the same graph that confirmed Grealish as 2nd most chances created, EB was 5th

11 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I see Italian press are suggesting we’ve offered Reina a 2yr deal at €2m per year but he is on nearly double that at the moment. Apparently Milan are keen to rid themselves of his salary and happy to let him go, but Reina wants a pay off. No fee.

Just seen it, I will be happy for this if it goes through.

If the offer is real,I think he will come here and shroud a pay off away from his club, but why not push for it and try get what you can, if it doesnt work just move on to a fresh contract with us. 

Edited by Dave-R

25 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Fair enough. 

I think Tammy would score around 15 goals a season for us. So my loose logic is the following...

A £10m striker will get you around 3 -5 goals a season (think Samatta)

A £25m striker will get you around 6-10 goals a season (think Wesley)

A £50m striker will get you around 15 goals a season, which is what I'd expect Tammy to get. 

I could be very wrong tho. 

I think you are very wrong! Samatta and Wesley have been poor for us, and their goal returns are very disappointing for our investment. I'd certainly want more than 6 goals for £25m, and I think our consistently poor recruitment has lowered our expectations - there are loads of good players out there, we just rarely sign them! I'd also want far better than Tammy for £50m, as much as I like him.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I think you are very wrong! Samatta and Wesley have been poor for us, and their goal returns are very disappointing for our investment. I'd certainly want more than 6 goals for £25m, and I think our consistently poor recruitment has lowered our expectations - there are loads of good players out there, we just rarely sign them! I'd also want far better than Tammy for £50m, as much as I like him.

I mean, Wesley was also injured for half a season so it's unknown how much he would have scored.

Though, look at other clubs and the players they are signing... Haller for £50m, Joelinton (sp) for £40m. Strikers are pricey. No doubt there's better deals out there, not disputing that. Though, I have no idea who they are or if we can even attract them? Will teams want to sell their best assets to us on the cheap when looking at the fees paid for other strikers? I think it's incredibly unlikely. 

• Like 2

IF we have a lot of money to spend we really should try and find players with a release clause in their contracts. That's where we can make real bargains with a bit of luck and skill.

Chelsea getting Werner for £45m was quite the coup. Not 100% certain but I thing Red Bull Salzburg at least have release clauses in all their contracts (not sure Leipzig does thou.)

Time to boot up FM 20 and look around :D 

Speaking of release clauses apparently Marc Roca has a pretty low one and there is no way he is going to follow Espanyol down to Segunda Division. Cracking player.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I'd say 40mill forTammy 45 at most. I do like Tammy but I also think if we can bring in much better we should do. I do not see why we cant go all out on frontline players this season and midfielders we need. I think if we can get Reina for cheap and by three possibly three more defenders, then the rest of the money can be used on the very best Strikers,Wingers and midfielders. Then what's left over we can use to upgrade our subs bench.

After sales I think that will add some coin to the league money we get and the money the Owners put in also open some places for better stars. Sell five players like Ghazi, Lansbury, Taylor, Samatta and Nakamaba, well those would be the five I'd sell and replace  Would have Barry and Vasilev come through and start playing some games as well and show everyone that Youth has a way in the team. I'd buy at least 3xWingers, 2x Strikers, 2x midfielders, Reina and 2 x defenders maybe 3.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Ousmane Dembele anyone?

Ousmane or Moussa? 

Even though he’s been a failure at Barca I’d guess they would still want big bucks for Ousmane which will be a big risk with his recent injury record maybe they’d consider loaning him out to recover form/fitness? Terrific player still in there somewhere. 

Moussa would be a major yes please but again very very big bucks I’d guess.