Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

Have a look at the bit in italics. For all the promoted teams the figures used are for our promotion, Championship season. So that's our wage bill before contract increases kick in for promotion, and before spending £120million. It's pretty misleading and impossible to know the real figure. 

Leicester is pretty impressive tbf 

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Is this a good list or not, who would be your pick out of this list of strikers??

I think I'd go for either Dzyuba or Tammy but Silva still would be crazy if anyone on that list we could lure, I'm sure wed all be loving it right??

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-abraham-belotti-18698686

The Birmingham Mail is funny, the majority of those signings aren’t sensational 😂 

On that list the two best ones for me are Belotti and Tammy, if we could entice either one of them I think that will be a massive signing for us. Andre Silva and Dzyuba have got excellent scoring records at international level, not sure how they’d fare in the Prem though.

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

The Birmingham Mail is funny, the majority of those signings aren’t sensational 😂 

On that list the two best ones for me are Belotti and Tammy, if we could entice either one of them I think that will be a massive signing for us. Andre Silva and Dzyuba have got excellent scoring records at international level, not sure how they’d fare in the Prem though.

Yeah but that can be said about any signing really, the moment you pay your always hoping it works out as it's always a gamble.

That's the con to any relationship, having to pay 🤣

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, thabucks said:

Weston McKennie is another One I’d like us to be looking at as well as Linetty as he is an extremely talented CM and again an upgrade on our 1st team and heavily linked to the prem this summer. Obligatory YouTube video 

He could be the next Essien. The USA have some seriously good young talent we should be looking to exploit. Josh Sargent @ Bremen is another name to keep an eye on. 

Wow. This guy is amazing. He is exactly what we need. I would be all over this if I were Villa. It looks as though there is plenty of PL interest in him already. I hope Villa are part of that conversation. He is going to be a top player. We have not had a centre mid like him for years. 

7 hours ago, thabucks said:

Weston McKennie is another One I’d like us to be looking at as well as Linetty as he is an extremely talented CM and again an upgrade on our 1st team and heavily linked to the prem this summer. Obligatory YouTube video 

He could be the next Essien. The USA have some seriously good young talent we should be looking to exploit. Josh Sargent @ Bremen is another name to keep an eye on. 

McKennie is apparently going to be the new Schalke captain but that club is a basketcase he will probably be sold tge same day. He would be an interesting signing 

38 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Well after reading that I now want us to sign Belotti!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

4 of the top 10 in the Premier League pay low salaries, for me it shows you can throw shit away but doesnt guarantee success

But as a general correlation it is true: more income, more money for wages, better chance of safety/better chance of success. The richest teams can afford the best players. The real challenge though is consistency.

We seem to be in a good place financially with plenty of headroom should we need it, we are spending up to our FFP with player recruitment at the moment, this will calm down to 2 or 3 per season as we settle and filter out the quality. That’s why I feel reassured there is a timeline, an incremental plan for progress. We just need to be patient, staying up was SO important.

Edited by thunderball

7 hours ago, thabucks said:

Good find. Like the look of this guy, good on the ball but most importantly looks physical and enjoys a tackle. I think it's important we find someone like this after Nakamba has disappointed, it would allow Doug and SJM to go forward more which is where they're dangerous. I still think our current midfield lacks a decent tackler. And jut saw this guy is only 21, we should definitely be interested.

On the assumption we have £150m to spend, I'd probably do something like...

40-50m on a striker. Try and temp a player like Belotti or Abraham (very unlikely I know)

30m X 2 on wingers. Benrahma and someone else.

£25m on a new central midfielder. Not sure who at this point.

15m on a new left back. Again, not sure who at this point. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Good find. Like the look of this guy, good on the ball but most importantly looks physical and enjoys a tackle. I think it's important we find someone like this after Nakamba has disappointed, it would allow Doug and SJM to go forward more which is where they're dangerous. I still think our current midfield lacks a decent tackler. And jut saw this guy is only 21, we should definitely be interested.

He’s also American so no problems with language. Maybe Wes can sell him the vision and twist his arm.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Gabriel Barbosa?

H mave on the back of the newly release Flamengo home shirt! Good player. Never really worked out for him at Inter.

Edited by Killeen30

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

McKennie is apparently going to be the new Schalke captain but that club is a basketcase he will probably be sold tge same day. He would be an interesting signing 

Linked with Liverpool, if he leaves he's a £40m+ signing to a CL club 

29 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

40-50m on a striker. Try and temp a player like Belotti or Abraham (very unlikely I know)

Agreed. Think striker has to take up the largest investment as that was where we struggled most last season - though it has to be £40-50mil well spent. Tammy or Belotti if we can get either for around £50mil. Tammy knows our setup and with Werner at Chelsea he’s going to struggle to play often, could even do an initial loan again. Belotti has consistently scored 1 in 2 for Torino who have often struggled (finished 16th this season), clearly quality but can he settle quickly in England.

One of them + Rashica, Benrahma/Sarr, a CM (McKennie) and a quality LB would be my choices and a great window. Reina back on loan and maybe someone like Clyne as a cheap RB option to compete with Guilbert and I think we’d be a lot better next season. Another summer of big investment but we would see considerable progress next season.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t mind us signing a proper DM to allow Luiz (and McGinn) to roam a little more and support the attack.

Luiz has done really well in that role but think we’re limiting his game by keeping him in the DM position.

priorities for me are

ST -  someone who can actually score goals (happy with Wesley, Samatta and Davis to a degree as a back ups)

LW/RW - two players needed at first teamers (again happy with AEG and Trez as rotation/back up)

DM - as mentioned above (could still use Luiz and Nakamba as rotation)

CB - experiences CB to partner Mings (although think Konsa will continue to improve) 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I wouldn’t mind us signing a proper DM to allow Luiz (and McGinn) to roam a little more and support the attack.

Luiz has done really well in that role but think we’re limiting his game by keeping him in the DM position.

priorities for me are

ST -  someone who can actually score goals (happy with Wesley, Samatta and Davis to a degree as a back ups)

LW/RW - two players needed at first teamers (again happy with AEG and Trez as rotation/back up)

DM - as mentioned above (could still use Luiz and Nakamba as rotation)

CB - experiences CB to partner Mings (although think Konsa will continue to improve) 

Absolutely spot on if we make the right signings we can really.kick on . Personally I would get rid of samatta and look to sign a proven premier striker with experience. Maybe like Burnley did with Rodriguez. 

If we have 2 wingers and grealish it really gives us great options. Against the weaker teams jack can play in the middle 3 and let the wingers do the damage up top.

Not sure we need another CB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Yep. This is exactly what we need striker, 2 wingers although I think Benrahma would cost Upton 30 million. 

The only doubt I have is that I dont know why people.think we need a new left back. Targett was pretty good and Taylor offers good.cover

• Like 1

As for transfers

As per the villa way we will end up with players non of us have even mentioned............... 

I think Smith will try and go for what his first choices last season were

I know he wanted Barry Bannan last summer but Sheff Wed wouldnt play ball.............