Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I wonder if we could get Harry Wilson from Liverpool. He was impressive on loan last year and I can’t see him getting many minutes at Liverpool with their midfield... if we could offer £15m or so I reckon we could get him (or maybe more like £20m I suppose these days). Still young and will just get better in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I wonder if we could get Harry Wilson from Liverpool. He was impressive on loan last year and I can’t see him getting many minutes at Liverpool with their midfield... if we could offer £15m or so I reckon we could get him (or maybe more like £20m I suppose these days). Still young and will just get better in my opinion.

Never been impressed with him at all. Billy big balls attitude and also seems to go missing. Big no from me. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I was never a fan to be honest, you see little glimpses but generally I just didnt see enough there for a regular spot in a first XI

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

15m on a new left back. Again, not sure who at this point.

I'm always surprised when I see suggestions we need a new LB before a new RB.

Targett is good and affects games—as we've seen, his chance creation stats are really good.

Then at RB we have not a lot. I like Elmo, but we need to be more ambitious in that position. Guilbert is OK, but he wasn't even making the squad recently, and there's a reason for that.. He looks good in bursts when we're playing well, but when we're not, he disappears into his shell big time. We need someone at RB who feels confident at this level and who feels they can influence the game at all times.

Sure, we'd likely want to replace Taylor, but having a decent first-choice RB is essential.

• Like 2

Just now, Rolta said:

Then at RB we have not a lot. I like Elmo, but we need to be more ambitious in that position. Guilbert is OK, but he wasn't even making the squad recently, and there's a reason for that.. 

That reason was an injury, he had only recovered by the Everton game

• Like 2

from the Holt End Hawkeye guy on Twitter:

“Dean Smith will sit down in the next fortnight with chief executive Christian Purslow and Johan Lange, the club’s new sporting director, to discuss targets.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That reason was an injury, he had only recovered by the Everton game

OK, that's fine, but I stand by the rest of it. He's either still massively finding his feet, or he's only good enough to be a squad player. I'd definitely have him as a backup RB, but for me, apart from the three positions up front, getting a good RB is the next most important place to strengthen. A touch less important is a new CM—but that would still be 'highly important' if we really want to push on next season.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

“Dean Smith will sit down in the next fortnight with chief executive Christian Purslow and Johan Lange, the club’s new sporting director, to discuss targets.

this is bulls@hit if you ask me for a team that struggled so much last season we need to get ahead of the game we should have signed one or 2 of our targets in the next fortnight not sit around and talk about it 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rolta said:

OK, that's fine, but I stand by the rest of it. He's either still massively finding his feet, or he's only good enough to be a squad player. I'd definitely have him as a backup RB, but for me, apart from the three positions up front, getting a good RB is the next most important place to strengthen. A touch less important is a new CM—but that would still be 'highly important' if we really want to push on next season.

I really dont think we need a RB or LB but I would pay 30 million plus on a midfielder. The CM position is.critcal. luis, McGinn  and imagine a ball winning aggressive player. Connor cant cut it in the big games!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villa94 said:

this is bulls@hit if you ask me for a team that struggled so much last season we need to get ahead of the game we should have signed one or 2 of our targets in the next fortnight not sit around and talk about it 🙄

Pretty sure they are on it right now!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I'd imagine they've already sat down. Didn't Dean say that was the plan during his post match interview?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

If that's true then it's way too slow. I'd imagine we would've only gotten leftovers.

Usually I'll call bs but this haunts me a bit though, as this Holt End Hawkeye dude leaked the home kit (and possibly the away kit).

Edited by hong0311

The Ajax side seems to be getting picked apart already this window and players like Ziyech went at reasonable value. I'd love to see us try for Neres or Promes for the wings or Martinez at DM but not sure if they'd give up European football. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, skell said:

Yep. This is exactly what we need striker, 2 wingers although I think Benrahma would cost Upton 30 million. 

The only doubt I have is that I dont know why people.think we need a new left back. Targett was pretty good and Taylor offers good.cover

nicolas cage laughing GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In the world of Zoom and with a quite pressing need to get players signed, often with the process beginning the middle of the season before - I somehow am cynical that DS and our new DOF are yet to pencil a face-to-face meeting on targets until sometime in the next 2 weeks. 

6 minutes ago, skell said:

I really dont think we need a RB or LB but I would pay 30 million plus on a midfielder. The CM position is.critcal. luis, McGinn  and imagine a ball winning aggressive player. Connor cant cut it in the big games!

Well, I agree with this too. I'd say a new RB and a top quality player in CM.

1 hour ago, Killeen30 said:

H mave on the back of the newly release Flamengo home shirt! Good player. Never really worked out for him at Inter.

Could Douglas tempt him here? Another exciting young player...