Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

from the Holt End Hawkeye guy on Twitter:

“Dean Smith will sit down in the next fortnight with chief executive Christian Purslow and Johan Lange, the club’s new sporting director, to discuss targets.

That is like saying the sun will rise tomorrow

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Levante are said to be demanding £27m for reported AVFC target Jose Campana.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-jose-campana-18701407

Interesting. My understanding is that every player in La Liga as a release clause in their contract? I wonder if his is 30m or something and Leveante are just trying to squeeze a few extra mill out of the deal?

5 hours ago, messi11 said:

Marcus Edwards would bring that much needed pace and dribbling to the villa side, RW sorted 

Far too lightweight, I saw him on the scouting Portugal thing on YouTube, definitely not good enough.

5 hours ago, Okonokos said:

McKennie is very good and would be well suited to the PL. Very energetic, combative and will run through brick walls for the team. Looked like the only player who cared for Schalke towards then end of the season. Sargent, I'm not sure about. Don't think he'll make it at top level.

Any team can use a play with that description! Especially us.

5 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Christ are we really turning our noses up at John Stones for 20 million?

Is he better than what we have now? Yes

Does he have potential to improve? Yes

Remember Man City bought him for £47.5 million in 2016, whilst we were fielding a centre back partnership of Elphick & Baker.

Stones would be a massive sign of intent at Aston Villa football club.

Combine it with shifting Engels for 5-10 million and its a bargain.

Exactly what I think

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

His confidence must be shot, wherever he goes next he’ll need an excellent man-manager in place to build him back up.

As is often said about goalkeepers at the elite clubs, the challenge is that you’ll have very little to do in most matches and it’s about keeping switched on and sharp for those brief moments you have to actually defend, because the moments are brief when you do balls up it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I don’t think he should come to us, he’d be under pressure here, he’d be better off somewhere like Palace or Southampton I think.

I pretty much made that exact reply to someone the other day, the qualities needed for a defender at a club that almost constantly have the ball vs a team like ours are completely different.

Not sold on Stone. Pretty akward analogy to make, but you should consider the transfer market like the stock market. You will be far better off buying the players on the up, rather than gambling those on the way down will hit old heights. 

John Stones seems very much a West Ham signing; a “name” on big wages.

I think he’s a liability to be honest and he’s not what we need. I think an experienced head at the back would do us wonders, help settle and improve our young CBs. Cahill would have been perfect last season but you can’t win them all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

WEST Ham, Tottenham and Newcastle are all interested in Cherries striker Callum Wilson, according to Sky Sports.

The media outlet claims Cherries are “expected to seek a fee in excess of £20million to sell” England frontman Wilson, who has scored 67 goals in 187 games for the Dorset outfit.

£20 m according to today’s reports , no way he’s going for £10m . Was an england striker last year . 

If he's 20 million I wouldn't touch him.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If he's 20 million I wouldn't touch him.

I think that’s how much PL experience is worth these days I’m afraid. It really isn’t that much in today’s money, I probably would go for it for £20m.

Just for reference Jarrod Bowen was £20m... with much less PL experience.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I'd say 40mill forTammy 45 at most. I do like Tammy but I also think if we can bring in much better we should do. I do not see why we cant go all out on frontline players this season and midfielders we need. I think if we can get Reina for cheap and by three possibly three more defenders, then the rest of the money can be used on the very best Strikers,Wingers and midfielders. Then what's left over we can use to upgrade our subs bench.

After sales I think that will add some coin to the league money we get and the money the Owners put in also open some places for better stars. Sell five players like Ghazi, Lansbury, Taylor, Samatta and Nakamaba, well those would be the five I'd sell and replace  Would have Barry and Vasilev come through and start playing some games as well and show everyone that Youth has a way in the team. I'd buy at least 3xWingers, 2x Strikers, 2x midfielders, Reina and 2 x defenders maybe 3.

Are you insane? Why would you want so many players?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, skell said:

As a club who has just come up that's obvious. But to suddenly sign a 100k player. No chance

I'd be surprised if we don't have a couple of players on our books that are on that at the end of the window.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think that’s how much PL experience is worth these days I’m afraid. It really isn’t that much in today’s money, I probably would go for it for £20m.

Bowen is a wide forward and much younger.

You can apparently get Ianacho for 25 -30m no way would I pay 20 for that guy.

22 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m just not convinced he’s (Wilson) any better that what we have, even his goal scoring. He looks to have had one good season at this level out of five.  It’s a No from me

9E46E954-FAD3-407C-82BD-647DB1781A1D.jpeg

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m just not convinced he’s (Wilson) any better that what we have, even his goal scoring. He looks to have had one good season at this level out of five.  It’s a No from me

9E46E954-FAD3-407C-82BD-647DB1781A1D.jpeg

Agreed. Managed two goals more than Wesley last season and Wesley was out for half of it. Would be like signing Nathan Redmond - has a good reputation but the stats don’t back it up. 

• Like 1