Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 hours ago, BigJim said:

This option has been raised a number of times. Maybe he can do a job at CF,  but the obvious flaw is it leaves us with Trez on the right.

We need to have a bad run of injuries and we will then have the guy who played on the right last season (and scored goals) playing there again for a few games. Yeah sounds like a real disaster. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That's a great jump to a conclusion.

However, I think you've probably also been missing the mentality of a few on the forum of late and their "delicate" frame of mind on any matters Villa it would appear.

As for toys and prams, you couldn't be more wrong. I've spoken to Mods on and off about threads (even the big one that's locked that I think you're referring too), there is plenty of understanding on the situation and I don't recall any tantrums being thrown in any discussions that have been had with them.

It's stupid posts like this and other posters that have shown a bed wetting mentality during this window that I would say is the bigger problem - Probably why this place has changed so much in recent years. So many good posters disappear year on year because of the rising increase of the roaster mentality that we see on a gradual increase.

One of the reasons why many posters probably stop posting on here for long periods, sometimes for good?

It was sent to me.

I don't know when it was taken, who made it, if it was photoshopped or what colour boxers he is wearing in the picture though, sorry.   ;)

..Probably nothing to do with anything either?

I agree, the place can be a good laugh when it wants to be.

Well said Andy. You shared little bits of info, with a take it or leave it mentality. As for threads getting locked, I feel the Rashica one should have been left open as it’s as credible if not more credible than Edouard or Benrahma. 

Once the window closes I’m probably due a hiatus from VT. I might speak to my wife again then! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Well said Andy. You shared little bits of info, with a take it or leave it mentality. As for threads getting locked, I feel the Rashica one should have been left open as it’s as credible if not more credible than Edouard or Benrahma. 

Once the window closes I’m probably due a hiatus from VT. I might speak to my wife again then! 

jerry seinfeld GIF

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, ZL- said:

It's a very good point, especially if its true that Roca was immediately dismissed yesterday. The coverage on Rashica has been strange, some fairly reputable sources such as Fabrizio Romano have confirmed the deal discussions but in the mainstream media we've yet to see even a passing mention of it.

The optimist in me, thinks that Dean has banned journo's from asking due to a very intense negotiating tactic by Villa (rumour has it WB will need to take out a loan to cover operating costs for the year, if he's not sold?)

The reality of it is he most likely the club don't want to even mention his existence because they know fans will be disappointed.

I wouldn't rely on the mainstream media on anything to do with Villa in all fairness.

It would appear that the press and journalists are getting bugger all from B6.

You correctly mention that Werder taking out a financial loan in order to help with running costs for this season whilst there are also other factors for them to consider, especially before Monday in both Klaassen and Rashica scenarios.

I think the Club have done very well in keeping things under wraps to avoid disappointing fans if any of the moves don't materialise.

19 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It would appear that the press and journalists are getting bugger all from B6

I’ve noticed Percy hasn’t got the scoop on much this year apart from Watkins iirc. I know he’s the most reliable from what people have regarding Villa transfers. If it helps on our side on the negotiation front then I’m all for it. It would be interesting to know how much, if at all, what’s said in the media influences negotiations. 

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

We need to have a bad run of injuries and we will then have the guy who played on the right last season (and scored goals) playing there again for a few games. Yeah sounds like a real disaster. 

We need one injury to Watkins and we’re down to Davis the none striking striker. You’re right it would be a real disaster. 

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Traore has good goal ratio as CF. Dean mentioned him as option. Why everyone obsessed with Sarr. I followed him a bit last season and I think he's overhyped on here. How much did you watch him play?

I followed him a bit last season as well and thought he was good in a poor Watford team. I also think he has a lot of potential. Regardless of our differing opinion on Sarr, do you agree that we could do with some cover on the left?

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

What are the actual rules if they lose a bunch of players to it? Presumably they put something in place for this season? 

Not sure but West Ham played with at least two players plus the manager tested positive

• Like 1