Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 hours ago, zab6359 said:

You're right we can't tick every box in our first summer window as a PL team, we didn't come up like wolves with a team ready for the PL. Suso had a tough ask last year and really didn't do a very good job of it.........we'll get there but it will take a couple of years I reckon. We just need another forward then I will class this window as a huge success.

We were expected to bring in 11 PL quality players for an average of 10m each. When you see the likes of Brewster, who has a career grand total of 20 games experience, going for £23m I would argue that suso's job was practically impossible. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

I still think our summer transfer window has been brilliant. The first team has really been strengthened but let’s not forget all of the highly rated youngsters that we have signed. In the next few years we should start to get a steady stream of quality kids bursting through. Really exciting times.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

The backtracking is funny. Would be absolutely hilarious if we announced him now and he backtracked again 😂

If only. I think he just tried to get attention, this is him saving face. Honestly. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

King would be an excellent addition at 10m. He could play on the right if Traoré struggles and play up front if Watkins is injured. 

If we can’t get Rashica, 10m for King would be an excellent purchase. I fear there will be a fair few clubs in for him and someone will be daft enough to give him a 4 year deal on 100k a week. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

🙄 bullshitter in bullshitting shock scandal. Don’t believe anything anyone but Percy says. 

Percy is rubbish. Couldn't even break Barkley and one of last ins he said about us was preparing bid for King before we signed Watkins and all his trained gibbons tweet "Percy at the back post" to anything he tweets

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

King would be an excellent addition at 10m. He could play on the right if Traoré struggles and play up front if Watkins is injured. 

If we can’t get Rashica, 10m for King would be an excellent purchase. I fear there will be a fair few clubs in for him and someone will be daft enough to give him a 4 year deal on 100k a week. 

Starts with an M and rhymes with Banchester United

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

His main position last season was LW and his touch map is all left wing. Also he's **** shit and relies on penalties to get still rubbish goal returns

My first impressions for what its worth...

Martinez - expected him to be an upgrade and so far he is looking like a brilliant addition. Think he'll get us 8 - 10 points by himself.

Cash - was unsure when he first signed as im a big fan of fred but he looks brilliant. Superb defensively, full of energy and he's got a great cross on him. Think he will provide loads of attacking threat on the right, something we lacked last year.

Barkley - too early to comment but so pleased. Dynamic, box to box, scores, tackles. Could be a superb addition, gutted that there seems to be no option to buy.

Traore - unpopular opinion but i think he looks wasteful with the ball and a poor first touch. Will go missing lots i fear. Not an enormous upgrade on trez or AEG. Hope i'm wrong.

Watkins - love his running, movement and link up play. I think a lot of goals will happen because of his involvement, im just not convinced he is a natural finisher and he'll find it tough to score goals. Again, hope im wrong.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

My first impressions for what its worth...

Martinez - expected him to be an upgrade and so far he is looking like a brilliant addition. Think he'll get us 8 - 10 points by himself.

Cash - was unsure when he first signed as im a big fan of fred but he looks brilliant. Superb defensively, full of energy and he's got a great cross on him. Think he will provide loads of attacking threat on the right, something we lacked last year.

Barkley - too early to comment but so pleased. Dynamic, box to box, scores, tackles. Could be a superb addition, gutted that there seems to be no option to buy.

Traore - unpopular opinion but i think he looks wasteful with the ball and a poor first touch. Will go missing lots i fear. Not an enormous upgrade on trez or AEG. Hope i'm wrong.

Watkins - love his running, movement and link up play. I think a lot of goals will happen because of his involvement, im just not convinced he is a natural finisher and he'll find it tough to score goals. Again, hope im wrong.

Echoing my thoughts exactly except for the second last sentence on Watkins. If you saw him last season he is definitely a natural finisher.  Had a few unlucky breaks for us so far, but once the first one comes he'll be in everyone's dream team. 

Just now, MrBlack said:

Echoing my thoughts exactly except for the second last sentence on Watkins. If you saw him last season he is definitely a natural finisher.  Had a few unlucky breaks for us so far, but once the first one comes he'll be in everyone's dream team. 

Hope so mate, desperate for him to do well

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You’ve become everso angry lately Kiwivillan. 

A lot of Bournemouth fans I speak to rate him very highly and say he’s a much better player than Wilson. 

Im not saying he’s a world beater, I just think he could do a job for us and is perfect for where we are now. 

Kings an ok player. Makes the majority of yesterday’s attacking players look like a bunch of clowns. 

I have no idea why anyone would be so against signing him for 10 million. 

• Like 1