Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Troare needs time though mate, and Trez works his bollox off. Don't think it's as straightforward as that.

You surely can't be insinuating Deano would spend 17 mill on Traore only to have him as backup if he thought he was ready?

nah, not implying that.

I was more implying that if somebody doesnt displace Trez this season we made an error in the transfer window, for all his hard work, for which i am appreciative, he just isnt very good and hinders our attacking play, so if we spent 75-85m and we still have Trez as first choice in 10 games, something has failed is all im saying.

Im not doing trez down, i agree he works really hard, but we need to improve and that position was one of our core weak links last season, so im just hoping we have/will have fixed it at some point soon.

Gk was a weakness after Heaton's injury - Martinez fixed, RB although not a weakness compared to some positions -  but Cash looks good, midfield was a weakness - Barkley huge improvement, striker was weakness - Watkins looks good, RW was a weakness - currently the only position where the replacement hasnt secured the position (is all im saying).

If all the signings secure their spot, the next weakness for me is LB, which is amazing, because at the end of the season Targett was way down my list of issues, to be at a point where we are considering Targett to be the next weakest link, would be a huge success story to be fair.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What's he gonna say? They are shit and we are shit? Cmon 

He was talking about the league as a whole and name dropped us as doing good business if you watch the video. He also says Everton have done great business. He wasn’t talking about the game Sunday. 

Edited by villan-scott
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What's he gonna say? They are shit and we are shit? Cmon 

Come on now. You know it doesn’t have to be to that extreme. There can be nuance to things. He also didn’t have to say anything about us improving.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

When did Dean say that?

he hasnt "said it", but by selecting Trez ahead of Traore, its fair to assume that its because he perceives Trez as the better option right now (for whatever reason - fitness/acclimatisation etc?!?! - who knows), but its obviously the case right now.....otherwise why would he do it???

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Troare needs time though mate, and Trez works his bollox off. Don't think it's as straightforward as that.

You surely can't be insinuating Deano would spend 17 mill on Traore only to have him as backup if he thought he was ready?

If we found out that 17mil was spent on a backup winger instead of Rashica, this place would go into full meltdown.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

He was talking about the league as a whole and name dropped us as doing good business if you watch the video. He also says Everton have done great business. He wasn’t talking about the game Sunday. 

And it's not said because we're coming up and it's mind games? Ofc not. Sorry not buying it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

he hasnt "said it", but by selecting Trez ahead of Traore, its fair to assume that its because he perceives Trez as the better option right now (for whatever reason - fitness/acclimatisation etc?!?! - who knows), but its obviously the case right now.....otherwise why would he do it???

That doesn’t mean that Dean thinks Trez is better overall. As you say Traore is just settling in and getting up to speed. 

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Rule 1 of management. Don’t change a winning team.

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And it's not said because we're coming up and it's mind games? Ofc not. Sorry not buying it. 

Ok then, let’s run with your theory. If it’s mind games, what would the benefit be to Klopp and Liverpool by saying Traore and Barkley are top players and good signings?

Just now, villan-scott said:

Ok then, let’s run with your theory. If it’s mind games, what would the benefit be to Klopp and Liverpool by saying Traore and Barkley are top players and good signings?

What do you think? It’s pretty standard stuff to build complacency. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What do you think? It’s pretty standard stuff to build complacency. 

I think you’re overthinking it. How could a flippant comment from Klopp about the league improving and Villa doing good business build complacency against a top class Liverpool side. Makes no sense. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Said it from the start. What I find weird is that it feels like we have one of these attacking midfielders linked every window that everyone wants, that never pans out. 

Rashica, Kiyotake, Belhanda, Izzet, Sneijder. I'm sure I'm missing about 10 others now, so please add to the list. 

Edit: Added Moutinho, Defour, McCarthy. Juninho, Rueben De La Red.

Wes Hoolahan! 

8 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Rule 1 of management. Don’t change a winning team.

thats just not true though, if you arent always trying to improve, you are standing still, or going backwards.