Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Christ we’ve got a lot of keepers. The Kalinic thing is crazy. What is he on £20k a week maybe? Minimum I’d guess. Imagine getting a job for a million quid a year and a few months later your company says they’re getting someone else in to do the job instead of you. Soul crushing bad news.

Damn.

Oh don’t worry we’ll still pay you.

Oh...OK...great...how long do I have? 

Oh four YEARS or so! 

Football is such a mad game. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

Noting Smith's comments, i'd still be very disappointed if we didn't bring at least 1 more attacking option in. Not because i'm disappointed with our dealings this summer, i'm not, i'm really pleased, its just that we can all see we are short up front

We said it last summer, we were light up front and it was proved right. Same in Sherwoood's transfer window, a lot of us said we'd made a mistake not bringing in a big name striker, and it was painfully obvious only a few games in

Hopefully we can shift some of the squad players and get 1 or 2 more in. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 4

Turkey is always a risk for a player - you never know if you're going to get paid

Karius was owed 4 months wages at Besiktas 

Just now, Xela said:

Turkey is always a risk for a player - you never know if you're going to get paid

Karius was owed 4 months wages at Besiktas 

Food’s good though. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Noting Smith's comments, i'd still be very disappointed if we didn't bring at least 1 more attacking option in. Not because i'm disappointed with our dealings this summer, i'm not, i'm really pleased, its just that we can all see we are short up front

We said it last summer, we were light up front and it was proved right. Same in Sherwoood's transfer window, a lot of us said we'd made a mistake not bringing in a big name striker, and it was painfully obvious only a few games in

Completely agree with this. I have a feeling they will somehow offload a couple and get another player in somehow. If they pull it off it will be an interesting few days.

18 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Christ we’ve got a lot of keepers. The Kalinic thing is crazy. What is he on £20k a week maybe? Minimum I’d guess. Imagine getting a job for a million quid a year and a few months later your company says they’re getting someone else in to do the job instead of you. Soul crushing bad news.

Damn.

Oh don’t worry we’ll still pay you.

Oh...OK...great...how long do I have? 

Oh four YEARS or so! 

Football is such a mad game. 

"So I'll get £4m for turning up to training and diving around a bit? I reluctantly accept."

"Don't worry, you'll make good friends with Henri as you'll both have a fair bit of free time. We're giving him £8m but he has to do a bit more work, such as maintaining a high standard of personal grooming. Oh, and also practice standing in one spot for 90 minutes pinging the ball out for a throw in the opposition half."

• Haha 1

Wouldn't it make sense all round to pay to get rid of Henri? It's been painfully obvious for a while no one else would take on his wages. Wouldn't the cost go down as a benefit re. FFP? 

(well, it's not my money)

I mean, getting Rashica another striker in might be the difference between moderate lower half comfort and another brush with relegation.

Edited by BigJim

Still need one more for me, and would like 2.  I said the max I wanted to see coming in this window was 7, with 5 the minimum.  With us signing Cash, I really think our minimum needs to be 6. But don't want the max to go any higher particularly.  So if we do manage to remove a couple,  I'd be very happy to see 2 more come in. 

Ideally CB and then one of a cdm, striker, left winger. Any of those positions would likely be back up for what we have, but if we're clever and get someone that could cover two of those positions in one, it would make us so much more resilient to injuries.  Make it happen boys! A Dier esque cb that is also a cdm. And a rashica/king esque forward that can play cf/lw. Would be so perfect. 

Edited by MrBlack

Maybe we can offer Watford El Ghazi as part of a deal for Sarr.

As others have mentioned, we are 1 injury away from having a bit of a problem up front. If Grealish is injured our LW options are not good, and if Watkins is injured I can't see Davis doing anywhere near enough to contribute effectively.

2 hours ago, penguin said:

FA will probably cancel the fixtures and give Liverpool the 3 points.

What are the actual rules if they lose a bunch of players to it? Presumably they put something in place for this season? 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I still expect 1-2 more signings. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Maybe we can offer Watford El Ghazi as part of a deal for Sarr.

As others have mentioned, we are 1 injury away from having a bit of a problem up front. If Grealish is injured our LW options are not good, and if Watkins is injured I can't see Davis doing anywhere near enough to contribute effectively.

Traore has good goal ratio as CF. Dean mentioned him as option. Why everyone obsessed with Sarr. I followed him a bit last season and I think he's overhyped on here. How much did you watch him play?

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

I still expect 1-2 more signings. 

I'd like one more forward player in but think it will only happen now if we have players leaving, doubt Henri will go maybe Jota, Engels and one of the GK's, but if Engels goes we definitely need a CB. 

29 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Traore has good goal ratio as CF. Dean mentioned him as option. Why everyone obsessed with Sarr. I followed him a bit last season and I think he's overhyped on here. How much did you watch him play?

This option has been raised a number of times. Maybe he can do a job at CF,  but the obvious flaw is it leaves us with Trez on the right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigJim said:

This option has been raised a number of times. Maybe he can do a job at CF,  but the obvious flaw is it leaves us with Trez on the right.

Trez is fine and works hard in defence. You'd think we're Man City the way people want to cast off regular players from last season and basically buy a whole new 11 plus backup

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BigJim said:

Wouldn't it make sense all round to pay to get rid of Henri? It's been painfully obvious for a while no one else would take on his wages. Wouldn't the cost go down as a benefit re. FFP? 

(well, it's not my money)

I mean, getting Rashica another striker in might be the difference between moderate lower half comfort and another brush with relegation.

I swear it's a recent phenomenon that fans think every shit player should be bought out of their contract. With us maybe it's because we've had so many that hang around the squad and appear to be a bad influence, but I've seen nothing to suggest this is the case with Lansbury. 

If he won't accept less money to be bought out and isn't a bad influence, what benefit is there to doing it? 

• Like 1