Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Well we've let Jota go now and even gone as far to terminate his contract. So I assume we have someone lined up to join us on Monday. 

Agreed. With Samatta and Jota gone and the links to Wilson and King previously, I think we’ve got one lined up. Why would we terminate a contract? Surely it’s better to have him on the books and paying his wages rather than paying him off. Covid and all that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

I followed him a bit last season as well and thought he was good in a poor Watford team. I also think he has a lot of potential. Regardless of our differing opinion on Sarr, do you agree that we could do with some cover on the left?

Sarr played RW last season bar couple games CF or you just going with wrong foot cut inside? 5 goals 6 assists is AEG Trez numbers and he arguably had better forward than we did in Deeney. He is quick and scored 2 of his 5 goals in win against Liverpool so is getting wanked off because of that IMO

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Terminate Lansbury next please...

arnold schwarzenegger art GIF by haydiroket (Mert Keskin)

That’s a totally different story. Jota will have been on very low wages. The club won’t be able to shift Lansbury, and why would he go anywhere else? All he has to do is turn up for training and we pay him millions for the privilege. 

It’s not his fault we decided to give him a ridiculous deal. 

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That's a great jump to a conclusion.

However, I think you've probably also been missing the mentality of a few on the forum of late and their "delicate" frame of mind on any matters Villa it would appear.

As for toys and prams, you couldn't be more wrong. I've spoken to Mods on and off about threads (even the big one that's locked that I think you're referring too), there is plenty of understanding on the situation and I don't recall any tantrums being thrown in any discussions that have been had with them.

It's stupid posts like this and other posters that have shown a bed wetting mentality during this window that I would say is the bigger problem - Probably why this place has changed so much in recent years. So many good posters disappear year on year because of the rising increase of the roaster mentality that we see on a gradual increase.

One of the reasons why many posters probably stop posting on here for long periods, sometimes for good?

It was sent to me.

I don't know when it was taken, who made it, if it was photoshopped or what colour boxers he is wearing in the picture though, sorry.   ;)

..Probably nothing to do with anything either?

I agree, the place can be a good laugh when it wants to be.

Fair play. The image is old/fake then! 

Maybe he's a bit of a dick and they didn't want him in the dressing room? Perhaps there was a reason that he was the one that Drinkwater nutted?

All wild speculation of course, I know very little about the guy. But a contract termination seems weird.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed. With Samatta and Jota gone and the links to Wilson and King previously, I think we’ve got one lined up. Why would we terminate a contract? Surely it’s better to have him on the books and paying his wages rather than paying him off. Covid and all that. 

Well it's making me wonder if we've got a European player lined up? As that window closes on Monday whereas it continous domestically after that I think? 

Edited by PieFacE

Does have the feel of making space in the squad and wage bill. Why get rid completely if it's an area we are already fairly light in if we haven't got others coming in.

As some wild speculation goes.... Perhaps rashica/bremen was waiting for a top German club. Sancho staying at Dortmund by the looks, now with the news Bayern are looking to sign Callum Hudson-Odoi. Perhaps no other club has come in for him with a good enough offer?

Perhaps we've been given the green light to get rashica sorted and hence we are making space for him now. 

All wild speculation of course. 

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s simply just not that good mate

1 down (jota)

4 to go 

lansbury

Taylor

Nyland

Kalinic

With Jota going I count a first team squad of 26 (discounting Ramsey as under-21). That's including registering all five keepers (which would seem OTT) as well as Wesley who is unlikely to play before Jan. So take out Wesley (until Jan) and either Nyland or Kalinic and deffo now one place available...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, randy_69 said:

With Jota going I count a first team squad of 26 (discounting Ramsey as under-21). That's including registering all five keepers (which would seem OTT) as well as Wesley who is unlikely to play before Jan. So take out Wesley (until Jan) and either Nyland or Kalinic and deffo now one place available...

Is that with Lansbury too? We could definitely go into the season without him. There's more space in the squad if we needed it.

2 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

....damn, just realised that doesn't include Barclay...avfc site not up to date as ever!