Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Phil McNulty is a fraud. He acts and claims to be this media genius but his articles are boring, sometimes petulant and smack of a lack of interest or knowledge in the subject matter.

His glib and disinterested responses on twitter and lack of explanation are typical of the man. He's above it all. Too good for us. We're to be happy with our lot and dont question hom as its a nice day. Gobshite.

When it comes to Villa he has a bit of an angle. Not frequent enough to be blatant but it's there alright. I think the BBC deserve better than this scuttering bollix as its chief sports writer.

If Suso was here I could see it but he isn't exactly what we need at present IMO... if we are going for La Liga midfield talent id be all over Uros Racic. **** it let’s be greedy and get both 

Edited by thabucks

so, for the 75m or so we have spent, how much of an improvement do we think it has actually made to the team?

Martinez - seems a very good GK, but we had Heaton at the start of last season, if Emil is an improvement on Heaton, its not a huge huge margin? - but possibly still an improvement.

Cash - potentially an improvement once he gets settled, do we think he will be an immediate improvement though?

Traore - possibly a fairly sizable upgrade on the RW, or also possibly an inconsistent marginal upgrade?

Watkins - appears to be an upgrade, if we can provide service, which we really struggled with last year, he could turn out to be a great signing....but if we arent creating the chances?

Its an interesting one for me, i think the signings have the "potential" to improve us quite a bit, but i also dont look at the 75m spent and conclude that its a 100% guaranteed improvement, in fact if it goes badly it may just be more of the same?

thoughts?

PS: im not trying ot be negative, im very hopeful for the new season, but i am trying to honestly assess if the 75m has actually made an instant improvement?, a mid/long term improvement?, or more of the same?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so, for the 75m or so we have spent, how much of an improvement do we think it has actually made to the team?

Martinez - seems a very good GK, but we had Heaton at the start of last season, if Emil is an improvement on Heaton, its not a huge huge margin? - but possibly still an improvement.

Cash - potentially an improvement once he gets settled, do we think he will be an immediate improvement though?

Traore - possibly a fairly sizable upgrade on the RW, or also possibly an inconsistent marginal upgrade?

Watkins - appears to be an upgrade, if we can provide service, which we really struggled with last year, he could turn out to be a great signing....but if we arent creating the chances?

Its an interesting one for me, i think the signings have the "potential" to improve us quite a bit, but i also dont look at the 75m spent and conclude that its a 100% guaranteed improvement, in fact if it goes badly it may just be more of the same?

thoughts?

PS: im not trying ot be negative, im very hopeful for the new season, but i am trying to honestly assess if the 75m has actually made an instant improvement?, a mid/long term improvement?, or more of the same?

Money talks but it can’t sing and dance and it can’t walk

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

thoughts?

The tools are there to be mid to lower table. How long is it since we have a villa team with the calibre of Mings - Grealish - Luiz - with the promise of Watkins.???

Over to the coaching staff now...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, nick76 said:

I assume you are insinuating something which I’ll let others discuss.

As you’ll see from the Wes thread, I’m a huge fan of Wes and think a trio of Watkins, Tammy and Wes would be a phenomenal choice of options through a long season for us especially as we won’t have Wes for months.

You might want to scour the web for the likely or not likely return date of Wes.

Liverpool have completed the signing of Portugal forward Diogo Jota from Wolves in a £41m deal that could rise to £45m with add-ons.

The 23-year-old has signed a five-year contract with the Premier League champions.

"It's just a really exciting moment for me and my family," said Jota.

The move represents a net outlay of about £30m for Liverpool, with defender Ki-Jana Hoever moving the other way for £9m and a possible £4.5m in add-ons.

Liverpool have also negotiated a 15% sell-on clause in the transfer taking Dutch player Hoever to Molineux.

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Phil McNulty is a fraud. He acts and claims to be this media genius but his articles are boring, sometimes petulant and smack of a lack of interest or knowledge in the subject matter.

His glib and disinterested responses on twitter and lack of explanation are typical of the man. He's above it all. Too good for us. We're to be happy with our lot and dont question hom as its a nice day. Gobshite.

When it comes to Villa he has a bit of an angle. Not frequent enough to be blatant but it's there alright. I think the BBC deserve better than this scuttering bollix as its chief sports writer.

I say old  chap i did not know  you  knew how to speak dublinese

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

How depressing that this is or short - midterm goal

Football 2020 - like I say on paper best villa squad in many years ...£200m spent in 2 seasons ....yet anything above mid table is a bonus...

7 hours ago, thabucks said:

Tosin Adarabioyo Or Joe Rodon are both better than the myth of Axel. Both attainable. I’m surprised with haven’t been linked to CB’s ... 

was about to mention there are players like Adarabiyo who have a similar pedigree to Axel without the injury record whom are likely going to be available 

I think up until this point we've had a good window. Obviously with the one player we all want it can be a majical window. But if this is our lot we've improved on last season. A left back and Rashica would make this a perfect Window. 

Overall I give the window a 7/10 up until this point. Add Rashica it's a 9/10 add a left back on top of that 10/10. 

We are stronger defensively with the signings we have made. Watkins and Traore will defend from the front. Martinez is a good keeper. Cash will improve our attacking output. We defended poorly from the front last season. 

I'm an advocate of the press high and press relentless style from the front. Winning the ball higher has to be our mantra this season.

• Like 1