Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I hear many saying we trust in the club we trust in the board to do this and that .. well i just remember us signing swansea citys third choice striker 😭🤦🏽‍♂️ That was enough for me 

Limited by choice due to FFP. 

We took a punt on a squad player. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HongKongVillan said:

McNulty is probably the least ITK you can get from the pool of football journalists (is he a journalist?)

He's the BBC's Chief Football writer - in theory, that makes him the most senior football journalist in the UK. A position that carries a huge amount of prestige - and one that no journalist would want to jeopardise by confessing they've not done even the most rudimentary research before writing an article.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

McNulty is probably the least ITK you can get from the pool of football journalists (is he a journalist?)

He's more of a reporter.

I mentioned he was okay but seen his dissapointed tweet since I made that post.

I don't think he has any idea of our transfer business and probably only quoted something that he heard at VP to give no one a sniff of anything.

I wouldn't be too concerned about his tweet, and it goes against the fa t that we need more players still and the phone call we had with Wes Edens.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's the BBC's Chief Football writer - in theory, that makes him the most senior football journalist in the UK. A position that carries a huge amount of prestige - and one that no journalist would want to jeopardise by confessing they've not done even the most rudimentary research before writing an article.

Didn't Percy also suggest about Callum Wilson, against another risk by someone with the reputation that he has.

They might both be taking one for the team in order to gain an exclusive??

We won't know until Oct 6th I guess.

• Like 1

I saw McNulty's words about that wrapping up our transfer activity for the window. Personally I'd not be at all surprised if it does.

Benrahma for the money touted, I highly doubt will ever be considered a bargain buy, and whether it turns out to be astute recruitment is up in the air.

Odsonne is very talented and a fine player, would happily see him come to Villa, but for the money being discussed, it's a huge outlay.

We've bought Watkins for record money already, and Traore for the fee is a decent recruit who can fulfill a wide or central role.

Rashica is the only deal I can see going ahead, and that's if it works out, that's simply because the return on investment is highly likely to be favourable.

Rashica's a class player, and cheap, considering. That's a deal that obviously isn't a case of shaking hands and player signing overnight, options are being weighed up.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I saw McNulty's words about that wrapping up our transfer activity for the window. Personally I'd not be at all surprised if it does.

Benrahma for the money touted, I highly doubt will ever be considered a bargain buy, and whether it turns out to be astute recruitment is up in the air.

Odsonne is very talented and a fine player, would happily see him come to Villa, but for the money being discussed, it's a huge outlay.

We've bought Watkins for record money already, and Traore for the fee is a decent recruit who can fulfill a wide or central role.

Rashica is the only deal I can see going ahead, and that's if it works out, that's simply because the return on investment is highly likely to be favourable.

Rashica's a class player, and cheap, considering. That's a deal that obviously isn't a case of shaking hands and player signing overnight, options are being weighed up.

A superb post mate.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I hear many saying we trust in the club we trust in the board to do this and that .. well i just remember us signing swansea citys third choice striker 😭🤦🏽‍♂️ That was enough for me 

Laughable, truly. The lesson of Baston is the danger of relying on the January window to make up for missed business in the summer. Very few players who will improve a team are sold mid-season, and when it does happen they are exception to the rule. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

I did say "unforeseen opportunity" - I agree. Definitely some good work and keeping Grealish massive.

I guess that's what happens when you feed the animals at the social media zoo!

He was better off keeping his mouth shut like I should have about Rashica.

Some of the w*nkers we have as fans of this club actually makes me cringe. It's embarrassing.

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Some of the w*nkers we have as fans of this club actually makes me cringe. It's embarrassing.

Why do you wish you kept your mouth shut?

Regardless if we sign him or not, it’s been a great thread! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You get them with all clubs, mate. Unfortunately they’re the ones that shout loudest, but I choose to believe they’re the minority.

I‘m sure I’m not the only one who has really appreciated and enjoyed your information regarding Rashica, but I’d understand if you felt like keeping stuff to yourself from now on. It no doubt seems like a thankless task.

15 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Does this mean Rashica is now less likely than you thought a few days ago?