Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I agree with all of this except for the bit about Swift. I think we need another CM to play next to McGinn and Luiz and we should be aiming much higher than Swift personally.

Like you say though, the added flexibility these players give us is great, it allows for much more tactical in game management,  and means we can change line ups and formations during a game without sacrificing our better players.

I also would prefer better than Swift but realistically him or similar is what I think we would go for if we have already bought the other players on that list.

Dont underestimate Swift though - if we could pick him up for a decent price it would be a good piece of business

If it was to happen, Grealish coming to CM with SJM and Luis deeper could work - with say Swift, Fred, Cash, Nakamba or even Konsa as emergency cover?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

28 MILLLLLLLLION JESUS CHRIST VILLA!!! what is going on .. im having a hard time processing this... i know many of our fans are bloody in love with never played in the premier league ‘Watkins’ but come on surely some of you must agree this is beyond ridiculous. And its rising to £33 million 🤦🏽‍♂️ I think i need to lay down. Brentford are crooks and villa are fools ... drops the mic 🎤 

???????

Edited by Steero113

Buendia may be had for half of Benrahma and if that were the case I don’t see a massive gap between the two and would be fine with Buendia instead. But I still think Benrahma could be the next Marhez and possibly even better. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NSmith22 said:

Buendia may be had for half of Benrahma and if that were the case I don’t see a massive gap between the two and would be fine with Buendia instead. But I still think Benrahma could be the next Marhez and possibly even better. 

I like them both, but I'm leaning more towards Buendia being the better option. I've no doubt Benrahma would make the step up, but Buendia is proven at this level and it seems Norwich are more reasonable with their transfer fees than Brentford. If a larger chunk of the budget has been used on  Watkins than we originally wanted, we could claw that value back with am ove for Buendia.

8 minutes ago, RicRic said:

28 MILLLLLLLLION JESUS CHRIST VILLA!!! what is going on .. im having a hard time processing this... i know many of our fans are bloody in love with never played in the premier league ‘Watkins’ but come on surely some of you must agree this is beyond ridiculous. And its rising to £33 million 🤦🏽‍♂️ I think i need to lay down. Brentford are crooks and villa are fools ... drops the mic 🎤  . Benrahma is the man we need to spend this money on not watkins...ahh for the love of god ive had enough 

Are you okay?

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

8 months ago it was £61k. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/23/premier-league-salaries-manchester-city-nba-barcelona

"The average pay for a first-team squad member is £61,024 a week"

That isn't related to us though because that average takes into account the massive wages the top 7 or 8 clubs, plus the London hangers-on, pay their players. For example, if Burnley pay their players an average of £30,000 per week and Man City pay theirs and average of £100,000 per week, the average across the two clubs is £65,000 per week. So, whilst the top teams may average about £100k per week between them, the rest will average around £30,000 per week etc. We are in that bottom tier right now so we shouldn't be paying many players more than £30k per week really.