Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Interesting our two signings are both coming off outstanding first seasons in a new position.

Its not quite Moneyball but it seems like the idea is there may be hidden value / potential for further progression with both being new to the position. Although at 45 mill the pair, 'd say the upside has already been paid for!

I do like the fact that we are adding some all-round footballers in these positions. Bodes well for the style Dean Smith likes to play.

It shows they’re versatile. Something they’ve been looking for the whole time. Not just guys who can do one thing and one thing only.

2 minutes ago, Bob Funkhouse said:

Guardian has us and baggies in talks to take Conor Gallagher on loan here.

Looked very good at Charlton on loan last year. Would be a solid squad signing but it won't be unless there is an option to buy attached. 

5 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

We were laughing at Leeds for.spending £28m for a spainish international. 

The joke is clearly on us. 

I never laughed at it, though I did question a newly promoted team spending that much on a player nearing 30 who has recently dealt with injuries. If Leeds go back down they could be in a lot of trouble. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RicRic said:

28 MILLLLLLLLION JESUS CHRIST VILLA!!! what is going on .. im having a hard time processing this... i know many of our fans are bloody in love with never played in the premier league ‘Watkins’ but come on surely some of you must agree this is beyond ridiculous. And its rising to £33 million 🤦🏽‍♂️ I think i need to lay down. Brentford are crooks and villa are fools ... drops the mic 🎤  . Benrahma is the man we need to spend this money on not watkins...ahh for the love of god ive had enough 

Weren't you the one saying you'd lose it if we didn't buy "never played in the Premier league 'Benrahma'" the other day? They'd probably ask even more for him. 

The £28m is a joke and if you don't think it's a joke, I hope you don't mind sky sports pulling £40 a month for sports. 

I was wondering how much the entire Brentford squads wage bill is a year, if you pull the data from;

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/brentford/ 

It's £16,827,720 for the year.

Ollie Watkins joined Bentford 3 years ago from Exeter for £1.8m  

He's scored in 45 in 132 games (1 in 2.5)

Regardless of what Brentford owe Exeter, why are we paying 9.3x the amount for the same player? 

Are we just going to pay for their new stadium?  

Even if he comes, does really well and get 15 goals this season and in 2 years leaves for £60m, we're putting ourselves (right now) at significant risk.  One injury, low form, Smith gets sacked and the new manager doesn't fancy him, he can't adjust to the league, he turns into McCormack part 2.. It's all a huge risk for someone who hasn't proved they can score in the Prem.  

I think i'd have been shocked had it been £18m, never mind £28m rising to £33m..

I know you shouldn't believe what you read, but wow, in my opinion, there must be better value out there than this. 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

If Hourihane is in our starting 11 at the start of the season or by the time the window closes, we’ll have had a poor window. I like Hourihane and think he’s a good squad player, especially for home games against weaker opposition when we need a goal. But going into our second season in the PL, we should have higher quality in the first 11. 

Not just him im concerned about and i agree with you about hourihane.. that line up doesnt scream we are moving forward it just looks like we are standing still to be honest.. We need a winger and another forward player but its just going to be a player im totally against signing that they bring in as usual so nothing to look forward to 🤦🏽‍♂️

Edited by RicRic
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm buzzing for Watkins up top. Fit, strong, athletic, works hard and has the knack of being in the right place when the ball lands in the box. Great signing, even at 28m. 

Newcastle went and got Wilson and Fraser. 
We should now go and get Benrahma to play with Watkins.
I know which pair I'd prefer. 

Buendia, King and Benrahma and I'd be happy with our attacking options for this season. 

Very optimistic you 👍🏽

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Weren't you the one saying you'd lose it if we didn't buy "never played in the Premier league 'Benrahma'" the other day? They'd probably ask even more for him. 

Definitely not me mate.. ive rated Benrahma since day one..he would be a great signing very similar to Mahrez

Is the prune juice effect. Money comes in  and then goes straight out regardless of what division you are  in. It just goes up when you get to the Premier League.

Until all the main club  owners  of the top European leagues  sit around a table and agree to a wage cap it will never stop.

Edited by The Fun Factory