Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, RicRic said:

Definitely not me mate.. ive rated Benrahma since day one..he would be a great signing very similar to Mahrez

My point is your criticisms in that post seem to be he has never played in the PL, same as Benrahma and they absolutely rinsed us on the deal, which presumably they'd do even more with Benrahma.

I really like Benrahma as a player but I feel more confident in Watkins being a more solid signing for us simply because of the work rate. I'd also move Grealish back into the middle which I don't think would necessarily be a solid enough base for a Benrahma type.

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Have you watched the goings on in the premier league in the last 5 years? Everton paid 50m for Gilfi Sigurdson. Wolves just paid £35m for an 11 year old girl from Portugal who's played in less first team games than me. 

Honestly, chill out, its not your money mate. 

No, it's not my money, it's the clubs money and when the club appear to be spending their money poorly, should be commented on. 

This is actual money, coming from somewhere, it's not FIFA or CM.  The increasing ticket prices you pay for, the sky sports which climbs several times every TV deal, the increased sponsors, the increased advertising, it's all coming from somewhere. 

Gilfi Sigurdson, who was the star player for Swansea and looked like he belonged in the Champs League and is an international?  That's fair enough.  Wolves kinda don't count either because of Mendez.  Any transfer with him around is just moving his own money around.  We're directly funding a team who finished 6 positions behind us, and will do a lot with that money. 

• Like 2

Just now, Paulie said:

People want to sign quality and get upset about the price tag.  People want to sign value and get upset that the player is off the pace.

Can't have it both ways.  Its not your money, and honestly whats the difference between 22m and 28m?  6m in additional cost to get your man, or you don’t pay it and risk not getting him at all.  Absolutely bizarre state of affairs in here.  I'm perfectly fine paying whatever it costs for a player that our manager is familiar with, is versatile across the front line, and banged in 26 goals last year.  Thats really all it boils down to.  If you dig around looking for "better value" you end up getting what you pay for. 

Case in point - Samatta. 

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I know you shouldn't believe what you read, but wow, in my opinion, there must be better value out there than this. 

Agree with pretty much everything you've said.

I can't help but think at 33m you're not far away from being in that top top player transfer bracket, but maybe I'm just getting older and money in football is just moving even faster than I can comprehend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Well if watkins scores 15 in the league next season for us then ill agree with you 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

No, if he scores 15 in the league next season he will be better than Abraham in my view because he will have done it for us instead of Chelsea.

• Like 1

I don't understand "it's not your money so why worry" argument.

People care about finances of their club because if we don't, we end paying too much in fees and salaries.

£5 million too much and 15k a week too much X 4/5 players and all of a sudden we are in financial trouble. Save that in fees and salaries and we can buy an additional £20m player on 60k a week every year.

Not to mention things like ticket prices going up or burgers costing £1 extra.

It's an important issue so I really don't understand why people take it so lightly.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

My point is your criticisms in that post seem to be he has never played in the PL, same as Benrahma and they absolutely rinsed us on the deal, which presumably they'd do even more with Benrahma.

I really like Benrahma as a player but I feel more confident in Watkins being a more solid signing for us simply because of the work rate. I'd also move Grealish back into the middle which I don't think would necessarily be a solid enough base for a Benrahma type.

Our opinions differ ...it will be harder to get the kind of goals he was scoring all day long last season in the championship but i still feel benrahma will still be able to rip up the flanks and deliver he will face a tough time every now and then but i have faith in him to do so. Watkins movement and positioning is great and im not saying hes not a good player but for that price and not played at this level is outrageous! However he is better than wesley imo if that makes you feel like im targeting the kid a bit too much. Scoring in this league is much harder and the money shouldn’t be splashed in that manner thats the point im making 

14 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Did you understand what he just said? Re-read it... 

Apologies... yes he would be around the same amount and i would have questions regarding that too but id feel more comfortable had it been Benrahma 

Edited by RicRic

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

No, if he scores 15 in the league next season he will be better than Abraham in my view because he will have done it for us instead of Chelsea.

Also consider tammy will have played less amount of games as watkins likely will so we will keep it at 15! 👍🏽

32 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would sign a powerful CDM in place of luiz and play luiz in place of Hourihane.

I can't see it though with Nakamba in the squad, and espcially as Luiz seems to be really thriving there. I would actually prefer a more attacking midfielder. I would be happy with Swift at the right price if we are spending big in attack and GK.

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I don't understand "it's not your money so why worry" argument.

People care about finances of their club because if we don't, we end paying too much in fees and salaries.

£5 million too much and 15k a week too much X 4/5 players and all of a sudden we are in financial trouble. Save that in fees and salaries and we can buy an additional £20m player on 60k a week every year.

Not to mention things like ticket prices going up or burgers costing £1 extra.

It's an important issue so I really don't understand why people take it so lightly.

Its already been disclosed that we have ~100m budget for transfers, so if you are operating under those constraints then there is no difference between a 22m and 28m signing to our financial bottom line, right?

12 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Agree with pretty much everything you've said.

I can't help but think at 33m you're not far away from being in that top top player transfer bracket, but maybe I'm just getting older and money in football is just moving even faster than I can comprehend.

Not at all your not getting old and that is close to the top player bracket Bruno Fernandes was not that far off 😂 its an insane amount of money and its a concern because it reduces our spending capacity in other areas thats why im more annoyed.

• Like 1