Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 minutes ago, villan501 said:

So far this is an awful window. Last seasom newly promoted was going to be tough. If this is club showing us were looking to push on then sorry th club is deluded. Smith has zero clue on tactics and team selection and lange and purslow are complete jokers who couldnt negotiate if there lives depend on it.

say what weird al yankovic GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, romavillan said:

Easily the best it's been run since we last won the league. Herbert was a clearing in the woods.

He had his good points but many bad too. These owners are definitely better. The league win was before my time so I'd actually say this is the best the club has been run in my lifetime (30 years).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

What a ridiculous, pathetic and embarrassing thing to say. So we just dramatically improved defensively post lockdown magically. It was nothing to do with Smith using the time to improve himself as a coach and to improve our team and tactics? How are Lange and Purslow jokers? How exactly? Some people really want to be careful what they wish for. This is the best the club has been run for possibly 2 decades.

Don't bite!

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

What a ridiculous, pathetic and embarrassing thing to say. So we just dramatically improved defensively post lockdown magically. It was nothing to do with Smith using the time to improve himself as a coach and to improve our team and tactics? How are Lange and Purslow jokers? How exactly? Some people really want to be careful what they wish for. This is the best the club has been run for possibly 2 decades.

Spot on!

If Purslow’s a joker, what does that make Wyness? Villa are in very good hands, anyone should be able to see that. 

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

We was dam lucky and you know it dont give all the plaudits to smith he was a car crash for 30odd games he dosnt react or see whats wrong and that is true ans you know it. Sat in the holte end before lockdown he was clearlt out of his depth.

After dipping in and out of here the past few weeks seeing you all tear your hair out at the lack of signings, i logged on expecting to see some happy posts for once.....clearly being too optimistic! The price we've paid is the cost of the top scorer in the championship these days, especially aged 24. The club clearly has a strategy. We'll get (and have already got) a lot of value elsewhere. We're not paying J-Rod wages. We're building a sustainable club with young, hungry players, a mix of british and non-british, players who fight for the shirt and not come for one last pay day. Have faith and trust in the team. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, fonz said:

After dipping in and out of here the past few weeks seeing you all tear your hair out at the lack of signings, i logged on expecting to see some happy posts for once.....clearly being too optimistic! The price we've paid is the cost of the top scorer in the championship these days, especially aged 24. The club clearly has a strategy. We'll get (and have already got) a lot of value elsewhere. We're not paying J-Rod wages. We're building a sustainable club with young, hungry players, a mix of british and non-british, players who fight for the shirt and not come for one last pay day. Have faith and trust in the team. 

Can you stop speaking sense please, people are trying to freak out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, villan501 said:

We was dam lucky and you know it dont give all the plaudits to smith he was a car crash for 30odd games he dosnt react or see whats wrong and that is true ans you know it. Sat in the holte end before lockdown he was clearlt out of his depth.

You sound like an angry man. 

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He had his good points but many bad too. These owners are definitely better. The league win was before my time so I'd actually say this is the best the club has been run in my lifetime (30 years).

Academy and so called vision for the future yes it looks to be executed well .. as it stands with the transfer window not so well run . We have been scrappy and seemingly not as prepared as we would have liked .. there are 4 or 5 men out there trying to get it right and unlike last season our signings we seem to know about before it happens whereas last season there were no indications . Now everyone can have at go at me but im trying to be ambitious i just want to see us try for certain players for example a  champions league winner in Origi is actually available if we put in a bid and may come to us hes scored goals in huge games for them and can actually play football unlike many that turn up at VP.. look abroad but not in the same vein as we did last year and see what we can find. 

Edited by RicRic

5 minutes ago, villan501 said:

*were
*damn
*don't
*Smith
*.He
*30 odd
*doesn't
*what's
*and
*Holte
*clearly

• Thanks 2