Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Might've been discussed already, but what does the forum think about signing Delefou from Watford?

Top Class Player - think hed fit in a treat

Think hes out with a long term injury though isnt he ! 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So Matty Cash plays as a Right winger as well?

Interesting.

I'd love to see us have good players who can cover several positions with quality.

So we are not left as exposed when we have injuries and suspensions etc.

Also give us the opportunity to switch tactics mid game without losing much.

Cash up to this season was a good Championship winger and occasional 10/CM.

He's had to best season of his career in a bit of an experiment at RB. 

I'd be much more comfortable paying £25m for Watkins, whose had three/four excellent seasons in a row than £15m for Cash after one.

There's a danger Cash wouldn't be much better than Guilbert IMO.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Kingman said:

How does it work if you sign a player from one of the countries that are on the govs list? 

Do they still have to quarantine for 2 weeks before they can train/play? 

Yep. There's no exclusions.

Maybe any European deals will need pushing through today or tomoz before the new deadline for quarantine if they want them to be ready any time soon

Edited by brummybloke

25 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Yep. There's no exclusions 

Which means the players we do have better get back fairly soon if they’re to have even two weeks preseason... the season starts 4 weeks tomorrow. Aren’t some of them still on holiday?

29 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Yep. There's no exclusions.

Maybe any European deals will need pushing through today or tomoz before the new deadline for quarantine if they want them to be ready any time soon

No if they take a test that comes back negative they don't have quarantine. So circa 2-3 days whilst waiting for the results as oppose to 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

How does it work if you sign a player from one of the countries that are on the govs list? 

Do they still have to quarantine for 2 weeks before they can train/play? 

Yes I would have thought so. Even before medicals etc...

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We will see more activity in the next week or so...

Once everyone gets back from Holidays and return to training and remaining cup competitions are completed etc. the action will start to develop on all fronts.

giphy.gif

Could be that Villa will announce several signings at once rather than just one at a time?

32 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

No if they take a test that comes back negative they don't have quarantine. So circa 2-3 days whilst waiting for the results as oppose to 2 weeks.

Wrong, anyone travelling from listed countries have to quarantine, test or no test.

Taken just now from government website

Coronavirus (COVID-19): how to self-isolate when you travel to the UK

When you arrive in the UK, you will not be allowed to leave the place where you’re staying for the first 14 days you’re in the UK (known as ‘self-isolating’) unless you’re arriving from an exempt country.

This is because it can take up to 14 days for coronavirus symptoms to appear. If you’re travelling to the UK for less than 14 days, you will be expected to self-isolate for the length of your stay.

Edited by brummybloke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So Matty Cash plays as a Right winger as well?

Interesting.

I'd love to see us have good players who can cover several positions with quality.

I haven’t really seen enough of Cash tbh, but he looks a little bit like Targett to me.

Other than Max Aarons, I’d prefer Jayden Bogle on the right and Rico Henry on the left. That would be our FBs sorted for the next 5 years.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Does anyone think its a realistic possibility that we could start the season with no new additions? Then new signings coming before oct 5th?

Not really. They'll want to get at least a few players in for preseason camp (btw, does anyone know when that starts?). I thought we would have a signing by now but a lot of players are still on holiday, so I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. I suspect we'll see things pick up next week.

5 minutes ago, rayk said:

I haven’t really seen enough of Cash tbh, but he looks a little bit like Targett to me.

Other than Max Aarons, I’d prefer Jayden Bogle on the right and Rico Henry on the left. That would be our FBs sorted for the next 5 years.

I thought Henry was the stand-out player for Brentford in the playoff final. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Does anyone think its a realistic possibility that we could start the season with no new additions? Then new signings coming before oct 5th?

Nope. I’d say some will be done beforehand and a couple afterwards

Edited by mikeyp102

Anthonee Robinson and Max Aaron’s are reportedly available for a combined £22million... Rashica for around £23mill... Watkins & Benrahma for £40 mill leaving around £15mill for a DM or whatever they feel is required. See this football transfer malarkey is simples ... 

52 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

I’ve seen you mention this a few times now. Do you have a source for that information? I believe it is false.

Data have shown that swabbing and qPCR testing in early stages of infection can return false negative results, even though an individual is in fact SARS-CoV-2 infected. I would surmise that this is because virus is not present (or in very low numbers) at swabbing sites at early stages of infection, so therefore are missed from swabbing.

So, I believe there is no exception to 14 day self-isolation. Even if tested or not, as this period is required to see if symptoms manifest. I’d imagine the club will also test on medical and return to prevent outbreak also. 

However, if you have contrary information please share.

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Anthonee Robinson and Max Aaron’s are reportedly available for a combined £22million... Rashica for around £23mill... Watkins & Benrahma for £40 mill leaving around £15mill for a DM or whatever they feel is required. See this football transfer malarkey is simples ... 

I think Robinson will stay up north, either Sheff Utd or re-sign with Everton tbh. Besides I personally prefer Rico Henry.

Really like Aarons but wouldn’t blow £20m on a FB. We’re not at that level yet.

Edouard over Watkins for me.

Rashica yes, Benrahma (or Beundia) yes though.