Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I reckon we’re gonna sign Tammy. He doesn’t seem to be in Lampard’s plans and Chelsea net spend is quite low. I reckon a deal between 30-40 million will be agreee.

Would be a massive statement if we did. Would love it if it happened.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I reckon we’re gonna sign Tammy. He doesn’t seem to be in Lampard’s plans and Chelsea net spend is quite low. I reckon a deal between 30-40 million will be agreee.

I’d love Tammy back but starting price has to be £45m??

Even then it goes against everything that Lamps is trying to achieve at Chelsea so I just can’t see it.

34 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Anthonee Robinson and Max Aaron’s are reportedly available for a combined £22million... Rashica for around £23mill... Watkins & Benrahma for £40 mill leaving around £15mill for a DM or whatever they feel is required. See this football transfer malarkey is simples ... 

Antonee Robinson would be a coup and I'd love to see him here (his attacking skills are well attested and his defensive game has improved significantly in recent months), but it seems like a battle between Sheffield United and Everton at the moment.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

Antonee Robinson would be a coup and I'd love to see him here (his attacking skills are well attested and his defensive game has improved significantly in recent months), but it seems like a battle between Sheffield United and Everton at the moment.

I don’t know whether I’d call a £1.5m defender from Wigan a coup. I feel that there’d be more clubs interested (especially with his release clause) if he was really good enough to be considered a coup for a club at the level that we’re currently at.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Anthonee Robinson and Max Aaron’s are reportedly available for a combined £22million... Rashica for around £23mill... Watkins & Benrahma for £40 mill leaving around £15mill for a DM or whatever they feel is required. See this football transfer malarkey is simples ... 

I think Watkins and Benrahma is probably more in the region of £50-55m. They won’t go for around £20m each, no chance.

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I reckon we’re gonna sign Tammy. He doesn’t seem to be in Lampard’s plans and Chelsea net spend is normally quite low. I reckon a deal between 30-40 million will be agree.

He is coming home :) I would be absolutely delighted if he did. Bloody great player, fits us like a glove.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’d love Tammy back but starting price has to be £45m??

Even then it goes against everything that Lamps is trying to achieve at Chelsea so I just can’t see it.

Why? A players value is high because of what his value is to a team. Abraham seems surplus to requirements at Chelsea.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

Wrong, anyone travelling from listed countries have to quarantine, test or no test.

Taken just now from government website

Coronavirus (COVID-19): how to self-isolate when you travel to the UK

When you arrive in the UK, you will not be allowed to leave the place where you’re staying for the first 14 days you’re in the UK (known as ‘self-isolating’) unless you’re arriving from an exempt country.

This is because it can take up to 14 days for coronavirus symptoms to appear. If you’re travelling to the UK for less than 14 days, you will be expected to self-isolate for the length of your stay.

I don’t believe it.

The season starts in 4 weeks, and players are still abroad. I really don’t think that those players will return in the next few days and then miss 2 weeks of pre-season, with 2 weeks to go until the season starts. Teams wouldn’t allow their players to go to those countries if that was the case.

There will have been some agreement between the government and football leagues. Surely.

(Also, the part you quoted doesn't actually mention testing. So the clear-as-mud government guidelines could easily have a caveat somewhere that allows for non-isolation if a test is completed).

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I don’t know whether I’d call a £1.5m defender from Wigan a coup. I feel that there’d be more clubs interested (especially with his release clause) if he was really good enough to be considered a coup for a club at the level that we’re currently at.

How 'bout "bargain"? Teams finishing well above us in the table are interested in him for a reason. He's been a standout performer since the restart and can be had for significantly less than he would have gone for in January.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why? A players value is high because of what his value is to a team. Abraham seems surplus to requirements at Chelsea.

But they know his value. He’s young, English, a striker, and a proven goalscorer. Each of these things inflates the price. If he was our striker we’d be asking for £50/60m+, even if we knew we wanted to use other players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He scored 15 goals for Chelsea last season and is still only 22.

Rashford, same age etc, only scored 2 more and no way would he be sold for £35m-£40m.

If Tammy played for us (or a club like us) we would be wanting £80m plus.

Id love it.....I just can’t see it.

• Like 1

There's different quarantine rules for athletes coming back from abroad, they don't have to isolate upon return providing that they've been reguarly tested whilst being away and get tested when they come back.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

But they know his value. He’s young, English, a striker, and a proven goalscorer. Each of these things inflates the price. If he was our striker we’d be asking for £50/60m+, even if we knew we wanted to use other players.

We’d be asking for 50/60 million because we’d need him. Chelsea don’t need him and nobody is going to pay these sums. So they either sell him for 30-40m, make 100% profit and reduce any chance of falling foul of FFP.

Or they hold out for more, end up keeping him and have him sat on the bench all season with his value decreasing every game he doesn’t feature.

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

He scored 15 goals for Chelsea last season and is still only 22.

Rashford, same age etc, only scored 2 more and no way would he be sold for £35m-£40m.

If Tammy played for us (or a club like us) we would be wanting £80m plus.

Id love it.....I just can’t see it.

Maybe you’re right.i just can’t see the point of Chelsea keeping him if he’s not going to play.  His value will massively decrease. 

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We’d be asking for 50/60 million because we’d need him. Chelsea don’t need him and nobody is going to pay these sums. So they either sell him for 30-40m, make 100% profit and reduce any chance of falling foul of FFP.

Or they hold out for more, end up keeping him and have him sat on the bench all season with his value decreasing every game he doesn’t feature.

That’s a very ‘[buying club] tinted glasses’ way of looking at things. Just because they know they want better players in his position, doesn't mean that they’d sell him for less than his actual market value. He’s worth a LOT of money, which they could reinvest into their squad.

He’s not going to be sold for £10-30m less than his worth just for the sake of FFP, which has largely been shown to be a farce because of the Man City lawsuit.

He’s also not going to drop much in value. If he stays on their bench he’d still get games and still get goals. A 23-year-old Tammy this time next year would still be worth way more than £30-40m.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

How 'bout "bargain"? Teams finishing well above us in the table are interested in him for a reason. He's been a standout performer since the restart and can be had for significantly less than he would have gone for in January.

‘Bargain’ is fine. FWIW, I’d like us to sign him. £1.5m is nothing in this day and age. Just, not a ‘coup’ :D :) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, useless said:

There's different quarantine rules for athletes coming back from abroad, they don't have to isolate upon return providing that they've been reguarly tested whilst being away and get tested when they come back.

That'll be welcome news. Do you have a source? Wouldn't surprise me, given the size of the elite sports in England. However, I've only seen about exemptions for athletes competing abroad.

Just now, Rob182 said:

That’s a very ‘[buying club] tinted glasses’ way of looking at things. Just because they know they want better players in his position, doesn't mean that they’d sell him for less than his actual market value. He’s worth a LOT of money, which they could reinvest into their squad.

He’s not going to be sold for £10-30m less than his worth just for the sake of FFP, which has largely been shown to be a farce because of the Man City lawsuit.

He’s also not going to drop much in value. If he stays on their bench he’d still get games and still get goals. A 23-year-old Tammy this time next year would still be worth way more than £30-40m.

I would argue he dropped about 20 million this season alone once he lost his place. Another season like the second half of the last one and he will lose another 10-20 million.