Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe you’re right.i just can’t see the point of Chelsea keeping him if he’s not going to play.  His value will massively decrease. 

He won’t be no1 ST obviously but he will play. I mean he will finish next season ahead of Giroud imo.

8 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I dont think tammy would see himself coming back. Scored a lot of goals in a club finishing in the top 4. I dont see him going from that a club that will probably be somewhere between 10th and 14th .

Well then I hope he enjoys warming the bench as he’s third choice striker next season.

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Does anyone think its a realistic possibility that we could start the season with no new additions? Then new signings coming before oct 5th?

Nope...  Not with our owners.  If Randy was still running the show, definitely.  

• Like 1

Chelsea would be stupid to let go of him this season. Timo Werner is high risk - he might be useless in the PL and they’ve been there before with big money strikers who’ve been pretty poor. They know they have a 15 goal a season striker in Tammy so they won’t let him go for an unknown quantity like Werner.

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well then I hope he enjoys warming the bench as he’s third choice striker next season.

Maybe but to give tammy credit, I think he will want to fight for his place. Maybe in a years time if weve established ourselves a bit more I could see it. But this year hes finishing having scored a decent amount of goals in a top 4 side and weve just scraped out of relegation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Maybe but to give tammy credit, I think he will want to fight for his place. Maybe in a years time if weve established ourselves a bit more I could see it. But this year hes finishing having scored a decent amount of goals in a top 4 side and weve just scraped out of relegation. 

Fair enough. In terms of his value Chelsea have sold Morata for 50 million. Yes he’s a lot Older than Tammy but his played at the highest level his whole career.  If he can go for 50m, Tammy can got for in between 30-40 in my opinion.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Pretty please.

Much better!

Well you already mentioned Morata. Lukaku is another one. Benteke from Liverpool to palace must have been around that mark.

I still have doubts about what level Tammy will make it to, but his goalscoring record last year was better than any of these 3 the years they were sold.

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Somebody tell me of a player deemed surplus to requirements at a club that has been sold for more than 30m.

Everton signed an unwanted Lukaku from Chelsea for £30m in 2014/15, back when transfer fees were nowhere near as high as they are now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

‘Bargain’ is fine. FWIW, I’d like us to sign him. £1.5m is nothing in this day and age. Just, not a ‘coup’ :D :) 

Okay, yeah. I appreciate that distinction. I was thinking of Robinson more in terms of "shrewd signing" than "statement of intent". I certainly wouldn't mind a couple of each this window.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Somebody tell me of a player deemed surplus to requirements at a club that has been sold for more than 30m.

We won't sign Tammy but even from the club in question... Alvaro Morata £50mill. What a weird statement

• Like 1

Liverpool didn’t want Torres, who was looking a shadow of himself, and he signed for Chelsea for £50m.

Angel Di Maria didn’t hit it off at Man Utd, but they sold him for £50m+ To PSG.

Diego Costa rubbed people up the wrong way at Chelsea and got left out of a load of teams. They sold him to Atletico for around £60m.

If only the buying clubs had heard of the ‘The player is unwanted so we can knock off 25% of his worth’ rule :lol:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

a club that will probably be somewhere between 10th and 14th .

Even that is highly optimistic.

Think it will be another relegation dog fight this season.

Would i take 17th right now? Yes i would.

Edited by villalad21
  • Sad 1