Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

38 minutes ago, John said:

The above was just one exceptional performance and he won't be that cheap now. 

My post included a link to a video of Orjan Nyland's best bits. he's cheap to us as we already own him.

Sorry i am at work and didn't have time to work out how to embed the video.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Krul was the best keeper to get relegated from premier league last season. All I see with Ramsdale is a fat bloke who just goes down in instalments all the time for shots that trickle into the corner, fair to say I don't see this hype.

I think that Ramsdale is excellent 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rayk said:

I come from that environment (corporate, not football) let’s say.

And never in a million years would a contract be drafted from scratch if only a few terms (wages for a example) had changed. The drafting session otherwise with the players agents and lawyers would be stupidly long.

Don’t argue with these guys from Brentford they emanate from the font of all knowledge. We can only look on and dream. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Don’t argue with these guys from Brentford they emanate from the font of all knowledge. We can only look on and dream. 

Maybe I should ask one what it is like to win a play off final?

• Haha 2

So it's 4 weeks till the start of the new season. Is it too much to ask that we get all our business done prior to season beginning instead of that stupid cross over period where games have already begun? Could they even be completed with a week or two to spare to allow them to bed in and have a pre-season? Who am I kidding, deadline day here we come!

6 minutes ago, dukes said:

My post included a link to a video of Orjan Nyland's best bits. he's cheap to us as we already own him.

Sorry i am at work and didn't have time to work out how to embed the video.

At work and didn’t have time? You either think the boss is watching or you’re trying to impress the new woman in the office with your dedication and quiet efficiency. 

1 minute ago, Straggler said:

Maybe I should ask one what it is like to win a play off final?

They’ll tell you that was never the long term plan and they have a new play off final coming through that they paid £1.47 for and we will need to give them £20m for. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

This was also the brilliant Brentford fan who seems to think clubs will pay over a minimum-fee release clause in a player's contract to try to "beat" other clubs to a signing...  🤣

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

So it's 4 weeks till the start of the new season. Is it too much to ask that we get all our business done prior to season beginning instead of that stupid cross over period where games have already begun? Could they even be completed with a week or two to spare to allow them to bed in and have a pre-season? Who am I kidding, deadline day here we come!

We signed the vast majority of last summer's signings in July. Won one of our first 8 games last season in the league.

It's not ideal but given the strong ending to last season I'd fancy the existing squad to make an o.k start to the season along as we played a few bottom half teams in early weeks.

Everything now in football is out of sync so inevitably signing will be made after the first game but that happens when the deadline is August 31st anyway.

I'd rather wait another week or two for a potential difference maker in Rashica than just making average squad filler signings like John Swift or James McCarthy.

• Like 3

I quite like when visiting fans come here and offer up a bit of opinion on things. Some of them are really nice and other you can laugh at.

But we do seem to take their opinions as facts a bit too often. I mean just look at us, most of us know f all about anything that goes on at our club. You can be sure that this goes for other fans at other clubs as well :D 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Friday obviously isnt the new Wednesday.

I am disappoint.

We will see more activity in the next week or so...

Once everyone gets back from Holidays and return to training and remaining cup competitions are completed etc. the action will start to develop on all fronts.

giphy.gif

Edited by AvfcRigo82