Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

17 hours ago, av1 said:

He also posted that Smith had been sacked and it would be announced by 22:00........about 6 weeks ago. 

I do think there was something to that given what Suso has said, and some of the other articles around talking about players coming if X manager was appointed type deals.

No smoke without fire.

He likely got the Suso end of the conversation rather than the Purslow end.

13 hours ago, jonjon said:

Any good Lawyer worth his salt does not use cut and paste, they are there to accurately document and put into words exactly what their client requires, and if it means re-drafting a contract from scratch, that's what they will do, after all that's what you pay them for, especially when they are working on behalf of players who's value runs into the millions.

I come from that environment (corporate, not football) let’s say.

And never in a million years would a contract be drafted from scratch if only a few terms (wages for a example) had changed. The drafting session otherwise with the players agents and lawyers would be stupidly long.

• Like 1

Thinking about Lange’s input into signing this window.

I think I’ve mentioned Denis Vavro if there was a swap on with Lazio for Wes.

But if we get offers in for El-Ghazi or Trez, and we’ve got two of  Raschica/Benrahma/Beundia signed, sealed and delivered then how about these players Lange knows all about from FC Copenhagen.

Doubt they’d cost £10m between them.

Mohammed Daramy.

Victor Jensen

• Thanks 1

Krul was the best keeper to get relegated from premier league last season. All I see with Ramsdale is a fat bloke who just goes down in instalments all the time for shots that trickle into the corner, fair to say I don't see this hype.

Edited by VillaChris

So Matty Cash plays as a Right winger as well?

Interesting.

I'd love to see us have good players who can cover several positions with quality.

So we are not left as exposed when we have injuries and suspensions etc.

Also give us the opportunity to switch tactics mid game without losing much.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

I think I’ve mentioned Denis Vavro if there was a swap on with Lazio for Wes.

But if we get offers in for El-Ghazi or Trez, and we’ve got two of  Raschica/Benrahma/Beundia signed, sealed and delivered then how about these players Lange knows all about from FC Copenhagen.

Doubt they’d cost £10m between them.

Personally I think it would be a huge risk to get rid of too many. Would be OK with one of AEG, Trez and Samatta going, but trying to integrate complete first choice and back-up forward lines in less than 4 weeks would lead to disaster IMO.  It's a short off season - we need to have some consistency in the squad.

Don't mind losing the odd third choice (Jota, Lansbury etc) though.